By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crash N.Sane Trilogy came to Switch thanks to one employee's experiment

Give that man a bonus.

Gonna buy this game. I hope Coco is playable from the start.

Around the Network

It is kind of a mix of cool that one guy took the initiative and made it happen, and facepalm worthy that Activision weren't already going to do it. I mean come on, Crash on Switch is a no-brainer, Nintendo gamers love platformers and the game obviously wasn't beyond Switch's capabilities.

KrspaceT said:

...Third parties are idiots.

Agreed. I mean I can understand not wanting to try porting something like Cyberpunk 2077 to Switch, but come on, there are so many games that could feasibly be brought over yet they're too short-sighted to take the shot.

KrspaceT said:
....So Activision did not think that a classic platforming franchise would have been worth it on the Switch before a guy did it over a weekend?

...Third parties are idiots. So, how long until some person at E.A ports over a Madden match onto the Switch and make E.A go 'we can do that?'

Likely didn't think it'd be worth the time because it's such a minor title to Activision. More of a case of "Not even on the radar" versus "Switch sucks, don't bother lol"

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
KrspaceT said:
....So Activision did not think that a classic platforming franchise would have been worth it on the Switch before a guy did it over a weekend?

...Third parties are idiots. So, how long until some person at E.A ports over a Madden match onto the Switch and make E.A go 'we can do that?'

Likely didn't think it'd be worth the time because it's such a minor title to Activision. More of a case of "Not even on the radar" versus "Switch sucks, don't bother lol"

How is selling over 5 million copies on the PS4 a minor title lol?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádçs said:
outlawauron said:

I mean, this is Blizzard freaking Activision.  The company that isn't satisfied with selling tens of millions of CoD copies a year, deciding they need to tack on microtransactions, season passes, and even tie down a full on remastered title to a new game in order to get more money out of the audience.  So yeah, selling 5 million probably doesn't impress them.  

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:

It sounds more like they didn't think the game would run on the Switch. As far as Madden goes, if the Switch continues to sell, shareholders will demand that EA doesn't ignore a viable platform sooner or later. 

Nuvendil said:
Alkibiádçs said:

I mean, this is Blizzard freaking Activision.  The company that isn't satisfied with selling tens of millions of CoD copies a year, deciding they need to tack on microtransactions, season passes, and even tie down a full on remastered title to a new game in order to get more money out of the audience.  So yeah, selling 5 million probably doesn't impress them.  

Call of Duty is the flagship title of Activision, which alone is enough reason why so much is demanded from it. This? This was probably fairly cheap to make, so even five million copies ought to give good return for the investment, and it also serves as a gauge as to how well other remakes could do and how much interest there is in Crash, which is useful for potential Crash games in the future. That is, this was probably very profitable for the amount of resources used, and this also has more worth than just the money.

what a bad ass guy

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nuvendil said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

LawBreakers it was: https://www.destructoid.com/lawbreakers-developer-talks-about-difficulties-of-a-switch-port-claims-not-enough-buttons-448641.phtml

Somewhat tragic really since being the only Hero Shooter on Switch with any production value might have given Lawbreakers a bit more of a chance :P

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/11/17449250/lawbreakers-is-now-free-to-play-on-pc-shutting-down

Then if you look at Paladins founders edition on the EU eshop it's currently placed in 6th in the download charts, that's the not free to play version of a free to play game, people are shelling out €30 and in mass to get access to a FPS like this on the system. Even though the product literally refers to itself as free to play and says that the free to play version will release later in 2018.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Am I the only who has a hard time believing this story? That Activision had its head that far up its ass that it completely ignored a hot console that is already platformer heaven until one guy low on the totem pole took some time out of his weekend to get one level running, so then some higher-ups greenlighted and budgeted for a game that never did anything too graphically intensive anyway?