By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crash N.Sane Trilogy came to Switch thanks to one employee's experiment

https://gonintendo.com/stories/311566-a-single-vicarious-vision-employee-s-work-brought-crash-bandicoot

Apparently the reason we have the Crash N.Sane Trilogy on Switch is thanks to one employee at Vicarious Visions who was a big Switch fan, and one weekend decided to mess around and see if he could get the first level running on Switch. He succeeded, which convinced the team the whole game could be ported.

Around the Network

Bless him

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

This is the same as how Warner Brothers ported Arkham Knight to the PC!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Slarvax said:
Bless him

Indeed, we need more awesome folks like this guy taking the initiative where the suits fail to so do.

Hopefully it'll send a message when they pocket an extra million sales that they wouldn't have got otherwise.

....So Activision did not think that a classic platforming franchise would have been worth it on the Switch before a guy did it over a weekend?

...Third parties are idiots. So, how long until some person at E.A ports over a Madden match onto the Switch and make E.A go 'we can do that?'

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

That's actually quite concerning on Activision's part.

and the real story is.... this guy was called Money!

Switch!!!

Mar1217 said:
That probably explains why we haven't got the Spyro Trilogy Remastered yet, we need another guy like him,lol

I'll admit that if Crash does well we might not need a 'him', but then again I can't say I can't see a million in a month selling Crash somehow not convicning them another platformer would sell on Nintendo...

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Anyways it does make a lot of sense to bring crash to the switch since it's aimed at Nintendo fans

And yet it took a guy on his weekend to make them do it.