By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crash N.Sane Trilogy came to Switch thanks to one employee's experiment

Is it so easy to port things on Switch? :O

Around the Network

I eagerly await Paladins announcing Indie game/Fortnight level success so it may be used in internet battles.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I hope he gets a bonus or a raise.

Nuvendil said:
Alkibiádçs said:

How is selling over 5 million copies on the PS4 a minor title lol?

I mean, this is Blizzard freaking Activision.  The company that isn't satisfied with selling tens of millions of CoD copies a year, deciding they need to tack on microtransactions, season passes, and even tie down a full on remastered title to a new game in order to get more money out of the audience.  So yeah, selling 5 million probably doesn't impress them.  

Exactly. It's a good profit, but that's kinda the minimum expectation.

Alkibiádēs said:
outlawauron said:

Likely didn't think it'd be worth the time because it's such a minor title to Activision. More of a case of "Not even on the radar" versus "Switch sucks, don't bother lol"

It was never expected to sell that many, but a few million at a budget price isn't a high priority for Activision. They're pushing out Overwatch and Call of Duty content, porting around minor titles isn't likely something they decided to do in planning phases.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So the reason these developers do not try harder to get games on Switch is because they blindly accept that their “high end” games just won’t run on Nintendo hardware. Hold on while I go throw up a little. 

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
I hope he gets a bonus or a raise.

Agreed. His messing around on the weekend may end up bringing in millions of dollars.

Mystro-Sama said:
Is it so easy to port things on Switch? :O

From most reports the system is not difficult to develop for. The hardware is pretty uncomplicated and uses current gen technology. There's still a gap in raw horsepower compared to PS4/Xbone but it's certainly not a Wii/Wii U situation where in addition to being short on power their architecture was far out of date. 

Porting something like Cyberpunk 2077 might be a nightmare, but for a game like Crash, or indeed others like Doom, Wolfenstein II, Sonic Forces, Snake Pass, etc, porting to Switch is viable if you dial down some settings.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 June 2018

Nuvendil said:
Alkibiádçs said:

I mean, this is Blizzard freaking Activision.  The company that isn't satisfied with selling tens of millions of CoD copies a year, deciding they need to tack on microtransactions, season passes, and even tie down a full on remastered title to a new game in order to get more money out of the audience.  So yeah, selling 5 million probably doesn't impress them.  

Yet they continue to support the game by releasing it on other platforms, reducing load times and even adding a new level... Not to mention the Spyro remakes and the fact that a brand new Crash game is heavily rumoured to be in development...

Sure, it doesn't impress them...

Said no one ever. They tack on microtransactions because it increases profits and revenue even more, why would they not do it? That doesn't mean they're not satisfied with how CoD is selling. Of course companies will try to maximize profits and revenue streams.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

One employee's experiment and the obvious conclusion a game like Crash would appeal to the Nintendo audience.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It works great on the switch. It was a very good desition.