By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Planning on buying an Xbox One.

Heya all.

After finishing GoW, I have basically nothing left to look for in games for the PS4 for the next month or so (didn't like Vampyr tho I did buy it). Thinking of buying an Xbox (well 2, actually), an Xbox One X (awful name, if you ask me) and/or an Xbox One S. Basically, I tend to buy consoles in groups (I have 3 PS4 for example) because I have several rooms I play in (our home gym, the living room and my "man cave") that I play in. I'm still a bit on the fence, though. I'd only really buy if I feel that is is worth it. If some of you may be so kind as to give me some advice, I would love it. :)

Basically: what games should I look to buy first for my Xbox? Are there enough to keep me occupied for a few months at least? I'm an ARPG and MMORPG (emphasis on action) kinda guy. I'm already considering PoE (and it is the main reason I am buying the Xbox) but I'm not sure it would keep my interest for too long. I'm also considering SoT, but I heard bad things about it so I'm still not too sure. I'm more of a "it's worth it if I spend X hours on it". Doesn't matter if the Xbox has only one game but if It's able to keep my interest for a month or 2, the whole purchase would be worth it to me (I hate boredom).

Around the Network

Since you mentioned god of war, I’m assuming you’re looking for something worthwhile that’s exclusive on Xbox.

Sadly, here’s not really anything that compares to god of war on Xbox. They do have halo, gears, sea of thieves, which looks pretty fun, and some older games like quantum break and sunset overdrive.

As for rpgs, it has final fantasy 15, but that’s on ps4. I’ll also mention dragon age inquisition from a few years ago, it’s not exclusive but I heard it was ok.

If you like arcade racing games at all, then Forza Horizon is a MUST.
It’s also getting a digital deluxe edition of nier automata with all dlc included.

Plus of course the X will make all your games look better regardless what you play. And there are some nice older 360 titles on BC.

Plus I prefer the One’s controller over PS4’s. And If you have a 4K tv and 4K blu rays, it’ll play them.

Currently you can get a 500gb Xbox one S for $199 this week. I say go for it.

Hope some of this helps your decision.

If you want good value and quality, than id say pick up Rares Replay, thats one of the best collections of games ever created plus Halo MCC, which offer the best Best versions of all the Halo games that will keep you busy for months alone.
Those two games offer you a total of 35+ games that will cost you as much as one full priced game. Not a bad way to build up your X1 library.

If you're going to buy an Xbox One, at least buy an Xbox One X.

I'm buying 2. An Xbox One X and an S (that one goes to the gym).

Is there any worthwhile MMO's at least? Those are huge timesinks. PoE would my first purchase. But what comes after? Any MMO's available/coming to Xb1 (that's not on PS4)?

Around the Network

I told myself I'd pick one up again if they ever announced Battletoads.

...welp

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

DrDoomz said:

I'm buying 2. An Xbox One X and an S (that one goes to the gym).

Is there any worthwhile MMO's at least? Those are huge timesinks. PoE would my first purchase. But what comes after? Any MMO's available/coming to Xb1 (that's not on PS4)?

Black Desert Online, the only other games I would consider to recommend given your tastes would be Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, ReCore, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves. Sea of Thieves is a little barren right now but Rare is ramping up content. I would also suggest Looking into Forza Horizon 4 since it is not your typical racing game and is open world. Also keep a look out on a game called Ashen it looks very promising.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I told myself I'd pick one up again if they ever announced Battletoads.

...welp

You should wait till after you find out if the game is even good, I also doubt that game would require very high specs on a PC my garbo Laptop could run it probably.

Seems like the console gods do not want me buying an Xbox....!

Finally decided to buy my Xboxes today. Braved the rain and traffic (closest store that sells consoles is an hour where I live) after I finally got out of work. Arrived 20 mins before they would close. Asked for the 2 consoles, then the ladyat the register went ”cash only, we’ve closed credit card transactions for the day”. Pleaded for her to gimme a break but she said no. Pissed me off so I put back both consoles and left.

Turned me off big time. Guess I’m getting the S tommorrow from another branch but will hold off on the X til I find a different store that carries it.

If you pull the trigger, I'd recommend Rare Replay and six months of Game Pass. You can get the latter for only $30 here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKXDW67/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3ODHND3J0WMC8&tag=tbtest-20&ascsubtag=16420eab-6554-431b-a026-944ea98cb743

Game Pass will allow you to try Halo 5, Gears 4, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Recore, Sunset Overdrive, etc. and see what you like.