By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Planning on buying an Xbox One.

It really is a great console. Now that you have bought the system, most have already recommended the best xbox one exclusive, but regardless, I would recommend Ori, sunset overdrive, recore, mcc, halo 5, gears 4, forza horizon 3, killer instinct, D4, cuphead, rare replay, and Halo Wars 2. Don't overlook the great xbox 360 and xbox games as well if you missed out on any.

Around the Network

Been playing around with it now, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the controller. Just that it feels kind of "off" to what I'm used to (didn't realize how used I got to dual shock).

Is there an Xbox controller that I can buy that has the same setup as dual shock that has both analog sticks at the bottom? Or am I doomed to have to get used to this? :p

DrDoomz said:
Been playing around with it now, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the controller. Just that it feels kind of "off" to what I'm used to (didn't realize how used I got to dual shock).

Is there an Xbox controller that I can buy that has the same setup as dual shock that has both analog sticks at the bottom? Or am I doomed to have to get used to this? :p

Doomed? Blashphey! I'd prefer to call it privileged to see the light of correct analog stick placements :P

I don't think anyone has mentioned it but Ryse: Son of Rome could be a game for you to look into, while more so action/adventure + hack n slash it should fill the space if you enjoy ARPG's.

DialgaMarine said:
I would strongly recommend just getting a gaming PC rig/ laptop. I still own a Xbone S, but it was honestly a very disappointing $400 lost. Haven’t even plugged it in since November 2016. I recently got a laptop and I love it. I can play all recent Xbox games in better settings than X, it’s far more convenient to move around, and I get PC’s library as well.
DialgaMarine said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It launched for $399 with a 2TB HDD. At that point the OG X1 was still at retailers and discounted. So its possible he bought the X1S at launch or some special edition.

Either way, I think the X1S is worth having if you see if for $199. It has a notable backlog, especially in some genres compared to competitors.

You had it right. I bought the 2 TB  model the day the S launched. 

So why did you buy the most expensive model with 2GB? If you were only interested in the exclusives, 500 GB were enough and you had the option to expand the storage with a cheap external drive.

And why didn't you sell it when you unplugged it after just three months?

Its your own fault if you "lost $400" that way, even now you should get a decent price for a rarely used 2GB-XBO.

Which laptop model did you buy that can compete with the Xbox One X and how much did it cost?

The controller is different if your not used to it. I really have grown to like it again after a couple of years playing the ps4, I know what you mean. I used a controller converter last generation because the ps3 controllers made my hands hurt, they felt small. I found an adapter to let me use the x360 controller on my ps3 and loved it. I have included a link to a possible solution.

https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-CronusMaxPLUS-Dongle-Sound-Card/dp/B0144K8S3M/ref=pd_sim_63_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0144K8S3M&pd_rd_r=NCVND5PWFFBZXESETNCD&pd_rd_w=oFaKQ&pd_rd_wg=ee1i3&psc=1&refRID=NCVND5PWFFBZXESETNCD&dpID=31qrYTZLQAL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

I hope this helps, enjoy your mult-system setup, being able to enjoy it all. I could never go back to a single system.

Around the Network
DrDoomz said:

I'm sure you can find something that resembles a ps4 controller on xbox if you look around.

I'm the complete opposite haha. I use a controller more like an xbox layout for my ps3. Just goes to show the different taste that people have. 

If you like MMOs and you plan on not playing alone, than I must suggest Sea of Thieves, game is heavily underrated and its well supported. You will have a blast. Its also on GamePass.

Ok, went on vacation and brought my Xbox One S with me. Was going great until all of a sudden, it suddenly switched off on me and now it keeps randomly shutting down. Don’t know what’s happening. Is this a common thing?

I am in France, might be the old hotel electrical system? Does France have some sort of energy shutoff when you’re using too much energy? Did the bad outlets here (used an adaptor, but it was within the 110-240v range) kill my Xbox?

It's tuff, if you are not interested in Forza, Halo and Gears it's sparse after that for AAA exclusive content.

There are some smaller games like:

Cuphead (simply a brilliant game)
Ori and the Blind Forest
Quantum Break

I played Sea of Thieves (via gamepass) and was really disappointed. Pretty happy I never spent full retail on it! Sunset Overdrive was simply to much. I know it has an extreme feel and all that but they over did it and really forced it to the point where I just stopped playing.

If your going to get a Xbox get the 1X. BC is pretty cool and if you missed out on same of the oldies there is no better place for them. It just sucks that 10-16+ year old games are one of it's biggest selling feature.

I have pretty much written off MS this gen for good exclusive games. You can still have fun with the console just don't expect much in the 1st party depo outside the big 3 franchises.

So, I see you got an S, are you planning on getting an X too then in the future? The good thing is that cloud saves are available without Gold, so you can actually freely switch playing between consoles while using the same save file.