By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How stupid is it that MS doesnt allow cross platform play with Steam on PC with games such as Ark?

John2290 said:

We've had this discussion before and I think it wad resolved in the fact that we've had majorly different experiences online on PC. Nothing wrong with preferring PC, I prefer android over apple for the same reason of more options but at the end of the day it's all simpler, less hassle, more streamlined and more safe on consoles. To each there own though.

I am fully aware of this.

You have to note that your experience does not encompass the entire landscape of online gaming with PC. Saying mine doesn't either wouldn't exactly counter that point either. if it was so bad, so butt ugly to play online on PC, then no game, no dev would ever bother making an online component for their games on PC.

Also, when a game is hacked by people on both a console and a PC and it isn't rectified within at least a month, it just shows that the devs don't either care or they are incompetent (or both). 

Funny story though, last week someone accused me of "hacking" on BF1, simply because I switched to my LMG to my pistol to finish him off, and he thought I killed him with my LMG yet it shows you a pistol in the kill feed.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.

This made my night!

MasterThief said:
John2290 said:

Pretty sure that was the point he was making, somewhat sarcastically.

correction. i am retarded

I should've maybe added a ... or something to the end like I did the beginning. I could have been more clear. It would be good for it to actually happen once, for a super short period of time, if everything could be instantly reset to this point in time, just so people could understand you literally can't have your cake and eat it to. You definitely get to have a piece of that cake, but the size varies based on many factors, which is the unfortunate cost when it comes to freedom of anything.

Jumpin said:
People are not angry that Sony blocks crossplay, they're angry that if they login their account on PS4 they can never use it again on other platforms without any kind of warning.

Let me correct you, "they can never use it again on xbox one and switch without any kind of warning". 

See, you can still use pc and mobile divices on android and ios, just not switch and xbox.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

CGI-Quality said:
EricHiggin said:
Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.

This made my night!

Well the world is upside down and backwards, maybe even flat, so this seemed to fit the bill. Let's all hope I'm very wrong though, sarcastic or not, for the sake of gaming kind.

Around the Network

They do allow it. The PUBG devs are considering adding cross play between steam and xbox.

Edit: Rocket League on steam also has cross play with xbox.

Edit 2: Killer Instinct also has crossplay between Xbox/Steam/W10

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/09/07/killer-instinct-cross-play-steam-xbox-one-windows-10/

Last edited by jason1637 - on 14 June 2018

That is entirely on Valve, not Microsoft. Just like no crossplay on PS4 is entirely on Sony and not Microsoft or the developers. But Rocket League has crossplay, so maybe the developers are just pricks. So long as the games also have an option to play with just your platform, cross play should be a feature everywhere. Because some console players may want to avoid the superior and much much more better PC players.

Very stupid if true.

MS does allow crossplay with Steam games, there are multiple examples of it, Rocket League, Killer Instinct. Most likely a choice by the ARC devs not to implement crossplay.

As others have pointed out, MS does allow crossplay with Steam, and Sony isn’t under fire for having crossplay, they’re under fire for holding people’s Fortnite accounts hostage.