By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How stupid is it that MS doesnt allow cross platform play with Steam on PC with games such as Ark?

cycycychris said:
EricHiggin said:
Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.

I thought I've remained respectful during our debate, not sure why you felt the need to try and mock me like this.

Given the topic it was basically a pitch right down the middle so throwing away a home run felt like a huge waste. Not to mention you seemed to make it pretty clear that PS business decisions shouldn't ever negatively effect Nin Switch gamers or any other platform cross play gamers, yet you didn't bother to respond to this same point I made in the other thread, along with other strong points that you obviously would rather not try and debate but simply move onto another point to try and win the argument.

The seriousness of the topic seems to be of much greater meaning to you than I, and I wasn't looking to win or lose anything, I was simply trying to shine light on the fact that the world isn't here to make people's lives perfect. We humans try to do this, but based on the systems we have in place, which are the best we know how, plus mother nature always 'getting in the way', makes this task extremely difficult, so people need to just cool down and chill out. That's not to say people should just give up and abandon hope, but do your research first and have a decent understanding on where your coming from and then act in a manner you would like to be treated, because that's typically how another person may treat you directly in a debate if need be.

The joke was strongly directed at the situation itself, and indirectly at your specific comment. Your comment just happened to fit the OP so that's what I used. Your taking it too personally and that's not how it was meant based on my follow up finishing statement about one brand.

Around the Network

Because Microsoft is butthurt that people prefer Steam over their shit store.

User was banned for this post ~ Angelus 

Last edited by Angelus - on 15 June 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
It's not stupid at all, it makes perfect sense. Those that don't like the company will use it as an excuse to bash them, as usual, but the practice itself makes complete sense.

Maybe in 2010 (just picking a random year here) it made perfect sense, but as of lately it hasn't been a very acceptable practice, and if gamers voice their opinions, they can help change the industry (such was the case with loot boxes).

But to be fair, Sony is taking an unfair amount of backlash over this, as I have heard that the same goes for gamers who play Fortnite on Switch first and then subsequently try to play it on PS4 afterwards. If that's true then both companies have got issues.

As for Ark on STEAM can you play with PS4 players and not Xbox?

Last edited by Vasto - on 15 June 2018

RaptorChrist said:
Ka-pi96 said:
It's not stupid at all, it makes perfect sense. Those that don't like the company will use it as an excuse to bash them, as usual, but the practice itself makes complete sense.

Maybe in 2010 (just picking a random year here) it made perfect sense, but as of lately it hasn't been a very acceptable practice, and if gamers voice their opinions, they can help change the industry (such was the case with loot boxes).

But to be fair, Sony is taking an unfair amount of backlash over this, as I have heard that the same goes for gamers who play Fortnite on Switch first and then subsequently try to play it on PS4 afterwards. If that's true then both companies have got issues.

From what I understand, you get the same issue whether going from PS to Xbox, PS to Switch, Switch to PS or Xbox to PS.

But to blame all three companies is not right. The message and not allowing you to do so is something that would have been implemented by Epic due to Sony not allowing crossplay. The way Epic designed the system is that as soon as your account logs into ANY console, it gets locked into that Crossplay ecosystem. There are two crossplay ecosystems (PS, PC, Mobile) (Xbox, Ninty, PC, Mobile)

Nintendo and Microsoft are both open to the idea of all systems crossplay and want it so. Sony is not. Thus Epic set up this system as it is. Nintendo and Microsoft have nothing to do with the system. It is Epics system, which is set up as it is due to Sony's lack of cooperation.

Around the Network

Because people only like to complain if it moves their agenda.

MS was blocking crossplay before sony blocked their games, they tried to put Sony on the tight spot, and now they are doing what they criticized Sony for... all in all, in the end it's just silly. Sony didn't cooperate for those crossplay because it would benefit MS, MS won't do this one because it would benefit steam.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

malistix1985 said:
Microsoft asked valve for age of empires 1 remake cross-play and valve declines, else the game would have been released on steam so this isn't in any fact shape or form the fault of microsoft.

If they did, then every time a consolero would have met a PC gamer online, the PC gamer would have won. You just have that much more control of the battlefield with a keyboard that you'll need to be a complete noob in real-time strategy games to loose against a console player when on a PC

Bofferbrauer2 said:
malistix1985 said:
Microsoft asked valve for age of empires 1 remake cross-play and valve declines, else the game would have been released on steam so this isn't in any fact shape or form the fault of microsoft.

If they did, then every time a consolero would have met a PC gamer online, the PC gamer would have won. You just have that much more control of the battlefield with a keyboard that you'll need to be a complete noob in real-time strategy games to loose against a console player when on a PC

age of empires is a pc exclusive so i dont see your point here

Twitter @CyberMalistix

sethnintendo said:

Because Microsoft is butthurt that people prefer Steam over their shit store.

User was banned for this post ~ Angelus 

LOL, spot-on, I guess someone reported you because butt truth hurts.   

User was warned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 16 June 2018

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

So is this a revenge thread for the Fortnite thread?

Anyhow I don't know if this is Microsoft's fault since crossplay between Steam versions and W10/XBone versions of games exist for other games.