By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How stupid is it that MS doesnt allow cross platform play with Steam on PC with games such as Ark?

MasterThief said:
John2290 said:

Pretty sure that was the point he was making, somewhat sarcastically.

correction. i am retarded

That's fine.  There are many who feels the same as you.  I'm not one of them.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
People are not angry that Sony blocks crossplay, they're angry that if they login their account on PS4 they can never use it again on other platforms without any kind of warning.

Right.  It is 1) a dick move by Sony, regardless of notice; and, 2) a possibly illegal move to do it without notice.  

It is also a dick move by Epic to allow it to happen.  At the end of the day, they signed the contract that says Sony can do this.  

MasterThief said:
EricHiggin said:
Apparently there's also millions upon millions who own both PS4's and Switch's but for some reason there is no Mario on PS consoles. This is so anti consumer...

All gaming brands should be forced to assemble into one giant brand, run by the gamers, so everyone can have everything all the time, until that company goes bankrupt shortly afterwards and everyone ends up with nothing instead.

that idea with no disrespect. is beyond retarded

nobody would make money. the revenue will spread thin and big budget games will die 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

John2290 said:

Same reason as Sony. K&M advantages as well as them being competition and possibilites of security risks and the obligation to keep the service gamers are paying for stable, safe and on an even keel. It's not stupid at all but what is stupid is MS subtley calling sony out for it, a dick move that I hope backfires on them.
As a console owner I buy into a closed system, its one of the many reasons I choose console over PC these days, no hassle, no hackers, no unfair advantages all tied by the same EULA as do many other gamers.
If you want to play on a certain platform then buy that platform.

Simple.

Lots of cheaters on console at the moment, especially in games like Overwatch where gamers are using devices that allow you to use a keyboard and mouse to gain an advantage on console.

Don't forget the endless gigabytes worth of OS and Game updates, buggy game releases, Xbox Live/Playstation Network going down for maintenance/repairs... And suddenly consoles are longer a platform of convenience like they used to where you could drop a game in and instantly play.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

-snip-

Never mind, not going to derail into a pissing contest.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
sethnintendo said:

Because Microsoft is butthurt that people prefer Steam over their shit store.

User was banned for this post ~ Angelus 

LOL, spot-on, I guess someone reported you because butt truth hurts.    

Hmmm... your ignorance is showing. There are already games that support crossplay between Steam and Windows Store.

Here's the thing, when CoD:IW lacked cross play the blame was put on Activision. When Halo Wars lacked cross play we could only blame MS.

Meanwhile, there seem to be numerous games that do support crossplay between Steam and Windows Store fine. Like Gwent, Killer Instinct and Rocket League. So it really depends on the developer to implement that feature.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

User was warned for this post. ~ Pemalite.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 16 June 2018

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

There doesn't seem to be a Microsoft policy which doesn't allow cross play with Steam but people still use the butthurt argument against MS and their fans?

I would recommend some Smarties if they wouldn't be from Nestle. 

Crossplay was the fake outrage this week. The real issue is cross-progression, thats what Sony is getting haggled over.
If we took all 3 consoles and lined them up and look at who does crossplay better, Sony would win by far simply because they allow it for ios, android, and pc, and i cant blame them if they dont want to aid their DIRECT competitors, the xbox and switch. No reason for Sony to help the users on those platforms enjoy games on those platforms more.

loy310 said:
Crossplay was the fake outrage this week. The real issue is cross-progression, thats what Sony is getting haggled over.
If we took all 3 consoles and lined them up and look at who does crossplay better, Sony would win by far simply because they allow it for ios, android, and pc, and i cant blame them if they dont want to aid their DIRECT competitors, the xbox and switch. No reason for Sony to help the users on those platforms enjoy games on those platforms more.

Uhmmm... no. Crossplay has been discussed numerous times this gen and Sony is consistently a barrier.

I don't get your argument because it seems like Fortnite is crossplay between every platform except PS4. That means Xbox, Switch, PC, and mobile users are all playing together.

Would crossplay really benefit competitors? Its more like punishing PS4 users. Its not like PS4 users only have friends on PS4. I was against MS when they were opposed to crossplay, now I'm against Sony. Crossplay is a benefit to consumers and those who allow deserve praise.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)