By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MegaMan 11 for Switch to be digital only in Europe

Ganoncrotch said:
This impacts me in no way what so ever and the people who think it does impact them need to think to themselves "what difference does it make" other than not having to carry an extra cart with your system or to be awkwardly trying to change carts while traveling rather than just clicking it on the home screen.

Honestly the most annoying game on the Switch is imaginators which is the only title not available digitally.

Digital has a huge downside for me. I have two Switch consoles at home. One for me and one for my son. I just need one copy of a physical game and we both can enjoy it. With digital games I would have to buy a game two times for that. I know I could deactivate and activate the consoles all the time, but seriously, that's way more inconvenient than just swapping the cartridge.

Also, I like to trade games with friends. Doesn't work too well with digital stuff. =

While I'm not against digital games in any way, I strongly believe that the Best solution for us as consumers is to have as many options as possible. That way everyone can just choose what he likes best. What works for you isn't neccessarily the optimal solution for everybody else in the world.

That said, fuck you, Capcom!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Using the battery of old cartridges is a really bad comparison. Back then, that tech was the best they could do to preserve the saved files, now modern cartridges can save way more info for a longer period of time. And even then, I can just add another battery to my GC cartridge and play just fine, but if I pay for RE7 and I want to play after a year I have nothing. Even most digital games, I can just save the games I purchased as a backup. I can't do a thing with cloud gaming.

If you have no issues doing the soldering work to remove and replace the battery in a GB cart then you should equally have no issues with getting a version of a digital download game to work on a platform 10 years after it has come out, considering that board modification of a GB breaks the EULA with it, the same can be said about modifying a console to play "backups" of games anyway.

As for the resi evil 7 thing... if you pay for a 6 month lease to play it... after 6 months you have nothing if you want to play it, that is the nature of a 6 month/180 day lease to play the game, it works the same if you buy insurance for your car for 6 months, in 12 months time you will have nothing because that is how time and leases work, the idea is you buy it, then play it during the purchased time.

just incase the obviously bad analogy of insurance annoys since it's not gaming related

wow subscriptions

psn + subs

XBL gold

You aren't meant to buy those things if you aren't going to use them for 10 years, you buy them, and use them, as a consumable.

Those kinds of rental, Netflix-like services are very clear on what they do. Pay a fee and get access to many games, you stop paying and they are gone. That's the deal and, investment-wise, is acceptable for many people. With Capcom doing that for a single game, it makes the deal unassailable: you own nothing, and yet you play only one game. And even then, I have the option of buying whatever game I could get for free in those online services, whereas with Capcom's offering, it's the only choice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I wasn’t even sure if this was a physical release in the first place so I’m not as bothered as some but it does suck for those that wanted it. The option should be there.

Things like this always make me appreciate I live in America. However, you guys did get Xenoblade a year early I am still mad about that.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

OdinHades said:

Ganoncrotch said:
This impacts me in no way what so ever and the people who think it does impact them need to think to themselves "what difference does it make" other than not having to carry an extra cart with your system or to be awkwardly trying to change carts while traveling rather than just clicking it on the home screen.

Honestly the most annoying game on the Switch is imaginators which is the only title not available digitally.

Digital has a huge downside for me. I have two Switch consoles at home. One for me and one for my son. I just need one copy of a physical game and we both can enjoy it. With digital games I would have to buy a game two times for that. I know I could deactivate and activate the consoles all the time, but seriously, that's way more inconvenient than just swapping the cartridge.

Also, I like to trade games with friends. Doesn't work too well with digital stuff. =

While I'm not against digital games in any way, I strongly believe that the Best solution for us as consumers is to have as many options as possible. That way everyone can just choose what he likes best. What works for you isn't neccessarily the optimal solution for everybody else in the world.

Very valid points with multiple switches in a household, I hadn't considered that and understand how you want the games on cart. Very well put.

Perhaps Nintendo could fix the issue for you at their end by allowing multiple systems use the same accounts like you can with the X1 or PS4? Could be win/win for all concerned? But yeah completely concede that for you digital costs twice as much for the same thing. Annoying.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Ganoncrotch said:

If you have no issues doing the soldering work to remove and replace the battery in a GB cart then you should equally have no issues with getting a version of a digital download game to work on a platform 10 years after it has come out, considering that board modification of a GB breaks the EULA with it, the same can be said about modifying a console to play "backups" of games anyway.

As for the resi evil 7 thing... if you pay for a 6 month lease to play it... after 6 months you have nothing if you want to play it, that is the nature of a 6 month/180 day lease to play the game, it works the same if you buy insurance for your car for 6 months, in 12 months time you will have nothing because that is how time and leases work, the idea is you buy it, then play it during the purchased time.

just incase the obviously bad analogy of insurance annoys since it's not gaming related

wow subscriptions

psn + subs

XBL gold

You aren't meant to buy those things if you aren't going to use them for 10 years, you buy them, and use them, as a consumable.

Those kinds of rental, Netflix-like services are very clear on what they do. Pay a fee and get access to many games, you stop paying and they are gone. That's the deal and, investment-wise, is acceptable for many people. With Capcom doing that for a single game, it makes the deal unassailable: you own nothing, and yet you play only one game. And even then, I have the option of buying whatever game I could get for free in those online services, whereas with Capcom's offering, it's the only choice.

It's 20e for 6 months access, netflix would be over 60e for the same period, buying the game on the ps4 and keeping it for 6 months then trading it would likely cost you more.

It is a single game, if people want it there is an option if they don't they can skip it, but this is the effectively cheapest way to play resi 7 outside of PC piracy.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No doubt Australian copy will be the same of on a 1gb cart which requires you to download 99.99% anyway.

Ganoncrotch said:
OdinHades said:

Very valid points with multiple switches in a household, I hadn't considered that and understand how you want the games on cart. Very well put.

Perhaps Nintendo could fix the issue for you at their end by allowing multiple systems use the same accounts like you can with the X1 or PS4? Could be win/win for all concerned? But yeah completely concede that for you digital costs twice as much for the same thing. Annoying.

The one thing you are also forgetting is us Nintendo gamers grew up in an era were collecting is just as big as playing. You cannot change old habbits, I like have nice boxes on my shelf. 

Even secondhand sales, compare like Wii vs P360, Hardly any second hand AAA Wii games yet they sold millions vs PS360 where after one week there be 10s of copies in each store to buy second hand.

Not a big deal at all. The last time I bought a non digital game was something like 2011 or 2012.

Fanatacal attachment to pieces of plastic is pathological, and even people who support it have to admit that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Not a big deal at all. The last time I bought a non digital game was something like 2011 or 2012.

Fanatacal attachment to pieces of plastic is pathological, and even people who support it have to admit that.

I have 20 PS4 games. Only 3 of them are physical. Entire Switch catalogue is Digital.I am surprise there was a physical edition anywhere.