By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Have Some Sort Of Timed PlayStation Exclusivity

BraLoD said:
Aeolus451 said:
I wonder if it's just related to specific content or the whole game. Either it's a win for sony. Popular series.

I wonder if it can sell 10M on PS4 alone.

Pretty sure it'll be huge.

I think it has a really good shot to.  Especially if the MP takes off like GTA5.  Doubt it will be nearly as big, but it'll definitely help push sales.

Around the Network

As a playstation player I'm happy to hear this. Last gen as a ps3 player I had to put up with 360 getting a lot of these deals. Now I get them instead.

Not a big fan of these deals, hated it when MS did it and though I game on PS, I still don't like it.

Also seems like a waste of money when Sony leading so much, but I guess it just pushes that agenda of being at the forefront of the gen, and I'm sure it'll help sell a few more consoles... so perhaps its not.

Anyway I am expecting MS to counter with some 3rd party games or purchases as they dont have the studios right now.... I think this E3 could be the most interesting and for all the wrong reasons.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

thismeintiel said:
BraLoD said:

I wonder if it can sell 10M on PS4 alone.

Pretty sure it'll be huge.

I think it has a really good shot to.  Especially if the MP takes off like GTA5.  Doubt it will be nearly as big, but it'll definitely help push sales.

Not even close to GTA, that thing is on a league of it's own.

10M for a game that should be also very successful on the XBO is not an easy feat, that's CoD and Fifa stuff, if Red Dead can grow this much it'll be awesome.

Welcome to 2017 Kotaku. Old news.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

1. Yes they did, maybe you just weren’t looking for them, or are looking at these articles in a different light.

2. There will obviously be more articles now because we’ve had a longer time to get tired of these stupid deals, and also these deals have sunk to an even lower level with what Sony and Activision did for Destiny.

On topic, they’re already locking single player content behind a $20 “Special Edition”. This added on makes it enough for me to say fuck it and wait for a used copy to show up somewhere, can’t support this 1-2 combo of shit.

1. Links, please.  Something from Kotaku specifically would also be nice.

2.  If they wanted them to stop, they should have nipped in the bud from the start.  Not remain silent or barely speak, and then talk about it, now, when it has already been established as a marketing tactic. And sunk even lower?  MS always had timed exclusivity on DLC for certain games.  How is Sony doing the same thing them sinking even lower?

Timed exclusive DLC sucks.

Timed exclusive day one content that should have been in your $60 purchase is worse. Timed exclusive content inside of premium DLC is also an extra shitty step. 

Laaaaaame. At least they're going with the biggest audience, it could be worse. But lame.

twintail said:

2016 even https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

poklane said:
twintail said:

2016 even https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

even older. good find

I think it'd be interesting to have valid stats on what % of Xbone owners also own PS4. (higher than the reverse, clearly)
In that light, exclusives or semi-exclusives like this aren't really excluding those players from the game, just influencing which platform they choose to play on.
Online multiplayer is probably most impactful for this, and most likely to sway future choices even for games without exclusive status.
(if they shift to using one platform for multiplayer, they will tend to so for all games, and will tend to drop online subscription for platform they rarely need/use online)