By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Have Some Sort Of Timed PlayStation Exclusivity

EricHiggin said:
DonFerrari said:

I don't hate them, but for me it's pretty easy to ignore their games.

I don't think about breathing much either, but the air remains. Personally I like it. It's classic. Not for everyone though. Some prefer an O2 bar. To each their own.

Except you ment as somenthing you can't live without.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Areym said:

I agree, defending wasn't the correct term to use, i couldn't find the right word to express what I wanted to say. Neither company is good or bad, they're both neutral dicks who want money. I'm sure MS got flack for it, it's probably just become more frequent and the console of top tends to pull these stunts.

Speaking of Kotaku, specifically, no they didn't.  Their hypocrisy is clearly visible here:

Tomb Raider: Underworld DLC
Fallout 3 DLC
MW2 DLC
Fallout:NV DLC
Final Fantasy 13-2 (they actually seem to be gloating here)
BO2 DLC (just one year before the new consoles launched)

As you can see, any DLC for 360 was just announced as matter of fact.  No opinion about how it was bullshit and needed to stop.  Now that Sony is back in the lead by a good margin, we get articles like the one in the OP.

The FF is embarassing even.

They seem to have forgotten how bad it sold in comparison besides not seeing Remasters, FF XIV and Remakes being exclusives;

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Areym said:
thismeintiel said:

Oh, I don't really like the policy, myself.  Though, I don't think its as big a deal as some make it out to be.  I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the gaming media.

Sony is already beating MS into the ground in terms of consoles and software sales, I don't think they need defending or justification (for lack of better words) for this stuff

There nothing bad about this deal , it's just The Agent reused as DLC.  Titled agent red isn't dead just needed redemption.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

DonFerrari said:
EricHiggin said:

I don't think about breathing much either, but the air remains. Personally I like it. It's classic. Not for everyone though. Some prefer an O2 bar. To each their own.

I didn't say living without Rockstar is like living without oxygen. I said trying to hate Rockstar is like trying to hate oxygen. That doesn't mean you can't hate either. You said you didn't hate them, but that it was pretty easy to ignore their games. Ignoring the air and what your lungs are doing is pretty easy.

EricHiggin said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn't say living without Rockstar is like living without oxygen. I said trying to hate Rockstar is like trying to hate oxygen. That doesn't mean you can't hate either. You said you didn't hate them, but that it was pretty easy to ignore their games. Ignoring the air and what your lungs are doing is pretty easy.

Ignore as in not consume, not care, doesn't need. That you can't do to air, but is very easy for me to do with R*. I could hate then easily, but their games don't interest to me enough for it. Tried bully, didn't like, GTS bores me, only Warriors I appreciated.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
EricHiggin said:

Ignore as in not consume, not care, doesn't need. That you can't do to air, but is very easy for me to do with R*. I could hate then easily, but their games don't interest to me enough for it. Tried bully, didn't like, GTS bores me, only Warriors I appreciated.

I thought you meant ignore like you play other games, just not Rockstar games. Like how some people prefer O2 bars instead of natural oxygen. A miscommunication apparently.

EricHiggin said:
DonFerrari said:

I thought you meant ignore like you play other games, just not Rockstar games. Like how some people prefer O2 bars instead of natural oxygen. A miscommunication apparently.

No problem =]

It's just that I'm not much into open world, so for me to like a game that is open world it needs to be very good and probably with few sidequest and not pointless big empty world that one have to cross all the time to do missions.

I have liked HZD, GoW even WD. But would prefer them being smaller.

Game of the Year with "God of War" and "Detroit Become Human" is my prediction.

DonFerrari said:
EricHiggin said:

No problem =]

It's just that I'm not much into open world, so for me to like a game that is open world it needs to be very good and probably with few sidequest and not pointless big empty world that one have to cross all the time to do missions.

I have liked HZD, GoW even WD. But would prefer them being smaller.

I can see that. Some gamers are all about being constantly sucked into the games narrative instead of being aware they are in a big open virtual world just doing tasks for the sake of exploring that world and making it worth the devs time to make it so large, or to later use sections for useless DLC cash grabs. I myself have come to enjoy them. They need to tie as many of the side quests and tasks into the main story though to keep you sucked into the game. I felt HZD did a pretty good job of this.

For me, games like GTA:V or HZD or ACO are all more than large enough based on their map size. Any bigger and I think I would end up focusing more on the direct story and less on anything else to do on the side. I got fairly close to completing GTA:V, but I didn't worry about doing little stuff like hitting all the stunt jumps etc. That game and it's story is crazy fun though. I barely played it's online mode. It was fun for a bit but other games were calling.

I really don't like games that try and keep you playing that franchise non stop consistently, it's just not my thing. Worthwhile DLC from time to time is ok, just as long as it's not so much DLC that clearly some has been taken out of the main game to hold onto you and grab a few more bucks, and as long as they clearly aren't trying to keep you from playing other games. Obviously they want this though because the less you play their game, the less that dev/pub has a chance to make a few extra bucks on the side.

I used to be a pretty big fan of Destiny, but based on how the main games, DLC, and extra content have been handled over time, it's become clear to me that they want you playing their game non stop and I just won't have it. For those who like that kind of thing, great, but for everyone else, you tend to get ripped because the games are usually set up in a way to make you pay or you only receive a portion of the lesser valued content. 

I'm hoping RDR2 will be similar to GTA:V. A large enough map with a solid, long, engaging story, that makes you want to explore some. Multiplayer online would be fine as well but at the moment I'm not to worried about it. If it turns out great that's cool, if not, I'll just move on.

I think the game will be sold a lot, MUCH more than the first part.