By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which canceled game do you wish it was made.

MasterThief said: 

do I have proof. no. but everyone is quiet about it. usually when a game gets canceled you get a reason  why. for example the Darkside game was canceled because supposedly it was too similar to no mans sky and horizon zero dawn. and they had a bit of trouble with the combat system. 

It was cancelled because the development wasn't meeting development goals and ultimately becoming a money sink with nothing to show for it.

Around the Network
twintail said:
MasterThief said: 

do I have proof. no. but everyone is quiet about it. usually when a game gets canceled you get a reason  why. for example the Darkside game was canceled because supposedly it was too similar to no mans sky and horizon zero dawn. and they had a bit of trouble with the combat system. 

It was cancelled because the development wasn't meeting development goals and ultimately becoming a money sink with nothing to show for it.

yeah I just gave the details. it was said because they couldn't get the combat right. and the part that its too similar to other games around the same time

Well since I liked L.A. Noire I say Whore of the Orient even though it probably would have been nowhere near as good.

TruckOSaurus said:
StarCraft: Ghost. It looked really fun, mixing stealth gameplay with the world of StarCraft.

If it interests you, they kind of made it for starcraft 2. It's still on the top down view though. But they made a mission/story pack where you play with her.

Freelancer 2.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I'm still a little upset that Scalebound got cancelled, it looked really fun and I was actually excited for it...

MasterThief said:
twintail said:

yeah I just gave the details. it was said because they couldn't get the combat right. and the part that its too similar to other games around the same time

yeah and Im having a hard time believing that Sony cancelled the game due to similarities to an indie game and another 1st party studio game: the former speaks for itself, the latter especially is ridiculous because design docs for both would have been enough to tell anyone the general direction of the game. If similarities was an issue it wouldnt have even been OK'd for development in the first place.

Legend of Dragoon 2

Kirby GameCube or the ancestor to Kirby Star Allies, if you prefer.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

EIther The Agency or Scalebound. I don't know.