By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

Bet @iceland is gonna love this?

Around the Network

Day one. less than a week before my bday

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Pagan said:
I dont understand those people. First of all, we are getting another title in the pkmn world. Thats great. Mainline, Go, mystery, pinball and now the lets go ones. Thats great. Second. No one forces anyone to buy that game. I also never bought any mystery dungeon game. But its good to have it. What would be better? Having nothing until 2019 or having a hybrid go/rpg game for a time until the real one comes out? Instead of basjing gamefreak we should applaud them for bringing 2 rpg games in 2 years. This year smash fire emblem hybridpkmnrpggo, next year metroid animal Crossing and pkmncorerpg. Thats just awsome.

My issue is more with the fact that they announced Pokemon for Switch in 2017, it was listed as "2018 or Later" in financial reports, the usual May-time of when a new mainline game is shown comes along, they reveal this, and only like half an hour later do they reveal that it's a spin-off. It wasn't said earlier to temper expectations, and there being two versions means one can be forgiven for assuming it was the main game announced last year. All the pieces were in place for how the next main game is usually announced, and they instead announce and will release a GO spin-off for Switch before even showing the main one they announced a year ago. It just seems a tad tone deaf to me, or else they did it on purpose to bring more attention to this.

I hope Pokemon games will get rid of the selective choices of which pokemon gets to do what in terms of flying, surf, etc.

The Pokemon models look meh. The 3d design of Pokemon is just terrible.

The Pokeball is basically Pokewalker 2.0 however the functionality looks way better.

I love the Pokemon walking around the fields.

If I get it Evee would definitely be the choice.

looks amazing personally, just hope the 151 pokemon thing atleast allows new gen evolutions like crobat, graphics look way better than Sun and Moon except for the chibi protagonist, My main concern is the no wild battles as well , and if theres no online does that mean no trading??

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Megiddo said:
Nobody is going to put down $350 to play the same thing they can on their phone plus a bit of story. That's a stretch. Like Labo, the only thing this "casual" product will do is sell to die-hard Nintendo enthusiasts. It's easy money for Nintendo of course, especially with that Pokeball accessory.

That's quite a bit of hyperbole there. While it has an optional connection to Pokemon Go it clearly is nothing like the actual mobile app. It's still a full complete overworld and story like any other Pokemon game, not to mention they already announced the 2019 game so people will buy now for this to hold them over.

I think your definitely underestimating the potential of all the Pokemon news that was announced today can have on the Switch. 

You don't fight wild Pokemon, you just throw Pokeballs at them. Leveling up is done through catching more Pokemon and trainer battles. By eliminating the gameplay loop of fighting wild Pokemon you take away a massive part of the game. It turns into Pokemon GO.

sc94597 said:
spemanig said:
What's funny is that this game actually handles wild encounters better than literally every other Pokémon RPG ever made.

Agreed. No more of this. 

Hope that is one thing that transitions into the main game next year. Maybe they can bring back lighting mechanics in caves, but instead of Flash one's Pokemon lights the way, or one can buy torches/flashlights. The more light you have the better chance to avoid undesirable Pokemon. 

Or ride a rapidash

Im still getting it but low expectations.....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

jonathanalis said:

Or ride a rapidash

Riding a Rapidash through a dark cave with at least Breath of the Wild level full-camera 3D visuals would be pretty amazing. 

Megiddo said:
Green098 said:

That's quite a bit of hyperbole there. While it has an optional connection to Pokemon Go it clearly is nothing like the actual mobile app. It's still a full complete overworld and story like any other Pokemon game, not to mention they already announced the 2019 game so people will buy now for this to hold them over.

I think your definitely underestimating the potential of all the Pokemon news that was announced today can have on the Switch. 

You don't fight wild Pokemon, you just throw Pokeballs at them.

Leveling up is done through catching more Pokemon and trainer battles.

By eliminating the gameplay loop of fighting wild Pokemon you take away a massive part of the game. It turns into Pokemon GO.

1) That doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game, it's just different. It's a new style/spin off.

2) That was always the case since X and Y.

3) ...how does that make it Go...? Just because catching Pokemon is similar? There's still a whole RPG here you know?