By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

This clearly looks like a game that started on 3DS hardware. I don't think i will be buying it. It makes sense to appael to the Go Crowd, but it doesn't make any sense by not adding online .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Green098 said:

Hahahaha, perfect.

My thoughts exactly. I think the Pokemon fanbase, especially the hardcore ones, can be pretty crazy at times, even if I am a long-time Pokemon fan myself.

Didn't people remember? Ishihara even said it probably won't come out for more than a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oA4bpmbbaI

And even then, this has potential to bring in new Pokemon fans while also bring in Pokemon Go users to the Switch, which can help Nintendo reach that 20 million shipment for the 2018-19 fiscal year, along with Smash, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and others.

I dont understand those people. First of all, we are getting another title in the pkmn world. Thats great. Mainline, Go, mystery, pinball and now the lets go ones. Thats great. Second. No one forces anyone to buy that game. I also never bought any mystery dungeon game. But its good to have it. What would be better? Having nothing until 2019 or having a hybrid go/rpg game for a time until the real one comes out? Instead of basjing gamefreak we should applaud them for bringing 2 rpg games in 2 years. This year smash fire emblem hybridpkmnrpggo, next year metroid animal Crossing and pkmncorerpg. Thats just awsome.

sc94597 said:
Also want to say that this allows GameFreak more time to get the core game right. It was unreasonable to expect a revolutionary core game only two years after Sun and Moon, but it is reasonable to expect them to put a few people on this side project while they build something much more ambitious.

I think, in a way, Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are pretty ambitious in their own right. Co-op gameplay is pretty interesting, which could be exciting for families, especially brothers and sisters who are fans of Pokemon. Integrating and even expanding Go elements in terms of capturing and raising Pokemon. Not having random encounters. Being able to ride even the biggest Pokemon around.

Its a bit interesting that they went away a bit from the usual formula of mainline Pokemon games, even if its considered a spin-off. It sounds like a spin of the mainline games, not just a complete spin-off. Kinda like Pokemon Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness, and a remake of Yellow bundled up altogether.

Nobody is going to put down $350 to play the same thing they can on their phone plus a bit of story. That's a stretch. Like Labo, the only thing this "casual" product will do is sell to die-hard Nintendo enthusiasts. It's easy money for Nintendo of course, especially with that Pokeball accessory.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Nobody is going to put down $350 to play the same thing they can on their phone plus a bit of story.

Except it's not the same thing they can play on their phone. Have you played Pokemon Go? 

You're also assuming that people buy consoles only for one game, when most people really don't. 

Ok, it's a spin-off, the core RPG is coming next year, the fact you can play it in co-op is really nice, I'll buy it because it's still a Kanto Remake and there will be new Pokémon

Megiddo said:
Nobody is going to put down $350 to play the same thing they can on their phone plus a bit of story. That's a stretch. Like Labo, the only thing this "casual" product will do is sell to die-hard Nintendo enthusiasts. It's easy money for Nintendo of course, especially with that Pokeball accessory.

That's quite a bit of hyperbole there. While it has an optional connection to Pokemon Go it clearly is nothing like the actual mobile app. It's still a full complete overworld and story like any other Pokemon game, not to mention they already announced the 2019 game so people will buy now for this to hold them over.

I think your definitely underestimating the potential of all the Pokemon news that was announced today can have on the Switch. 

Hiku said:

Not sure what to think of this yet. I'd like to read some specific info about it first, and maybe watch a breakdown of the trailer.
But I like some of the things I saw. Battle animations look better, and no random encounters is nice. Graphics are no more or less than I expected. I keep my expectations low for Pokemon games in that regard. Learned my lesson years ago. That said, it has now come to a point where the graphics seem to be where I've wanted them to be for a long time, so I'm happy about that.
I wonder how you catch Pokemon in portable mode though. Touchscreen?
Riding on pokemon also looked pretty dope.

I like that Evee is the mascot for the second game. But on a sidenote, Evee seems to pronounces it's name weird in the trailer. Like Evoi. I'm pretty sure it's named Evee in Japanese as well so that's not why.

I think the sound "evoi" is a sound eevee usually makes in the anime so that's probably why. 

I'm only pissed off because The Pokemon Company only stated on their Twitter of a new CORE RPG coming in 2019, there are still many unsatisfied and angry people who don't know about Pokemon Switch