By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

On one hand, I called it, the game is quite integrated with Pokemon Go (as anyone could have predicted, tbf), but on the other hand, it looks incredibly cheap and simplistic. I'm not sure I'm on board with this.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
What's funny is that this game actually handles wild encounters better than literally every other Pokémon RPG ever made.

Yep!it makes the world more alive with all these pokemon.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I realize it's funny how I had loathed the idea of another gen 1 remake, but I would of atleast considered getting it simply for being the newest Pokemon game on Switch to battle in. As it is Pokemon Let's Go is a no go. No way can I see myself picking this up with only Gen 1 Pokes, no online, and a likely watered down battle system, though battling is already crippled by the first two points, and possibly further destroyed if we learn there's no held items, no abilitys, no modes other than singles, no breeding, no EVs, and so ons. They already took out essentials like gen 2-7 Pokes, battling wild Pokemon, and online play. It'd be naive to think they'd stop there, but ah whatever, I'm obviously not who they're targeting. For it's intended audience of Pokemon Go players it'll be a huge step up.

Been playing a bit of Pokemon Quest on Switch, it's enjoyable enough. Controls surprisingly well in docked mode with a pro controller considering it was mainly built around touch input.

Megiddo said:

Also just want to say it is absolutely pure Nintendo to have a Pokemon game with no online features being released at the same time that you want people to pay to access online features for Switch games. That's just... amazing.

What do you mean? Its coming in September. There will be Super Smash. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Green098 said:

I think the sound "evoi" is a sound eevee usually makes in the anime so that's probably why. 

As big of a fan of Eevee as I am, I realize don't think I recall seeing it in the anime.
You learn something new every day.

Also:

Yes Team Eevee!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The Pokemon Company really likes to do its own thing outside Nintendo's influence, huh?

This Go Evee thing looks like it was entirely made for kids/newcomers. Graphics are bad too imo. More wait for the core fans, it seems...

ryuzaki57 said:

This Go Evee thing looks like it was entirely made for kids/newcomers. 

The trailer literally says, " Your First Adventure In a New Style." The game seems to be playing on the same nostalgia as Pokemon Go by appealing to people who played Pokemon Yellow twenty years ago. 

Eurogamer said:
2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone".

Clearly this Pokemon for more broader audience and not just for core Pokemon players, also local multiplayer will be quite good,
this game will be quite popular and huge system seller despite its not core Pokemon game.

sc94597 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

This Go Evee thing looks like it was entirely made for kids/newcomers. 

The trailer literally says, " Your First Adventure In a New Style." The game seems to be playing on the same nostalgia as Pokemon Go by appealing to people who played Pokemon Yellow twenty years ago. 

I played Yellow when it was released and didn't play another main Pokemon title afterward, so I am part of that target audience. Yellow had random enounters. Yellow had you weaken a Pokemon before capturing it. Yellow had HMs. None of the changes made for this yellow remake appeal to me whatsoever.  Pokemon Go appealed to people because it was free. Not because they did away with weakening Pokemon before catching them. If they just remade Yellow faithfully then the nostalgia effect would have been so much stronger.