By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Roseanne got cancelled

I watched 2 episodes and seeing the cast really old was kinda depressing tbh, Still wish it wasn't canceled though.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you don't watch much television lets see It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Fresh Off the Boat, The Mick, Modern Family and Atlanta are all much better shows then the three you mentioned. 

I've tried watching some of those and didn't like the ones I did try. Modern Family in particular is far too left wing for me to ever like it. 

So just because it has two main characters that are gay its far too left wing for your liking, yeah that is a pretty dumb reason for not watching a good show. 

and the fake social justice outcry starts again and will be forgotten within 48hrs till they find something else to get offended by.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

specialk said:

I love the take that ABC is too politically correct because they cancelled a project centered around a woman who promotes wacky conspiracy theories on Twitter and says black people look like monkeys. If we can't say black people look like monkeys anymore, what are we as a nation!?!?!

For real, Roseanne is nuts. Like, actually nuts. She's struggled with mental illness for a while and so I don't think this is all 100% her fault. It's a liability to the network to have one of their stars saying such terrible things though.

The most interesting part of this to me, is that President Trump bragged about the show's ratings and attributing its success to being about "us" (the Trump base).

He singled out a mentally ill conspiracy theorist and basically told the world, "that's what we're all about."

Sadly she had mental issues for a long time, due to suffering traumatic brain injuries from a sever car accident when she was 16.  Before they renewed the show they probably should have told her to get off twitter.   

shikamaru317 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

My childhood in a nutshell sans Yes, Dear though. Never could get into that one

Yeah, we grew up in the golden age of the sitcom imo, so many good sitcoms back then. Earlier decades had good sitcoms as well of course, many of which I've watched, but not as many as we had in the 90's for sure. Sadly nowadays there are barely any good sitcoms, and the few that are good get cancelled too early. I've lost like 4 sitcoms I liked in the last few years, though at least one of them has been revived now (Last Man Standing).

My guess is that the four you lost are shitty laugh track sitcoms.

Around the Network
iceland said:
I watched 2 episodes and seeing the cast really old was kinda depressing tbh, Still wish it wasn't canceled though.

Sadly when you have an individual act like a child on twitter, the adults have to sometimes put their foot down. 

What she said was terrible so the show being canned is a good thing.

I have to laugh, TVLine has managed to get 13 articles out of this

I only watched two or three episodes and much of the acting seemed forced or somehow off. I will not miss it. Sad to hear Last Man on Earth, The Mick and especially Brooklyn Nine-Nine got canned though. Last Man was OK. The Mick helped fill in between seasons of It's always Sunny. As for the Nine-Nine I really like Terry Crews & Adam Samberg and really enjoyed the rest of the cast with the exception of Chelsea Peretti.

Back to the OP I never would have guessed Jarrett as being African-American looking at her pictures.

I wonder what they are going to replace it with. Also they probably should move Fresh Off the Boat back to Tuesdays.