By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Roseanne got cancelled

Chris Hu said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
A shame the rest of the cast and crew now are out of a job next season because of her big mouth. I used to really like Roseanne when the orignal show was on the air, now she seems to have lost all her marbles.

A good chunk of the cast actually has steady regular side jobs.

There's probably 100 people that work on the show other than the main cast members though. All of whom thought they had a job lined up next season, but alas the mouth and twitter fingers of Roseanne...

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Azuren said:
I like how Sara Gilbert jumped in and felt the need to add "and so much more", just because they disagreed on a lot politically. Yeah, what Roseanne said was pretty damn racist (and not even accurate; I've seen some apey looking people, race aside, and Jarrett is not one of them), but apparently everything Gilbert disagreed with her on is now retroactively abhorrent as well?

Also, Wanda Sykes was involved in that show? It's hard to believe such a prolific race-baiter could get along with a conservative of Roseanne's "caliber".

She didn't say she looks like an Ape, she said she looks like the baby of the Muslim Brotherhood and Plante of the Apes. Look at the old Planet of the Apes movies, and look at Valerie Jarrett, the resemblance is there. 

I'm not surprised with ABC on this. I was shocked they even did this show after they pull Tim Allen's show due to his Trump suport. Hopefully another station will grab onto it for next season. 

As for the outcry, well, again, not surprised. People are going to find something to complain about. Had she made the same comment about Trump she would be getting praise on ABC, CNN, and such right now. The whole thing comes down to people taking jokes to serious. The real joke here is that someone can jokingly make a comment about something and get blasted for it, while someone else can make the same comment, not joking, and get praised. Strange times, hopefully this weird hiccup in our evolution will be over soon.

Exactly. ABC liked the money they were making from the show, but their politics disagree strongly with Barr's. Had this been a left leaning show, instead of center right, the actress would have been allowed to apologize, maybe go on an apology tour on a few tonight shows, then get right back to work. 

Does ABC own the rights to Rosanne? If not, someone else should pick it up. Hell, if I was Netflix I will try to pick it up. It's a golden ticket to success.

Edit: If I remember correctly, ABC and ESPN are owned by Dinsey. A lot of ESPN employees are making racist or outlandish remarks on Twitter, but weren't severely punished because they are against Trump. Ridiculous to say the least.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 29 May 2018

KBG29 said:
Azuren said:
I like how Sara Gilbert jumped in and felt the need to add "and so much more", just because they disagreed on a lot politically. Yeah, what Roseanne said was pretty damn racist (and not even accurate; I've seen some apey looking people, race aside, and Jarrett is not one of them), but apparently everything Gilbert disagreed with her on is now retroactively abhorrent as well?

Also, Wanda Sykes was involved in that show? It's hard to believe such a prolific race-baiter could get along with a conservative of Roseanne's "caliber".

She didn't say she looks like an Ape, she said she looks like the baby of the Muslim Brotherhood and Plante of the Apes. Look at the old Planet of the Apes movies, and look at Valerie Jarrett, the resemblance is there. 

I'm not surprised with ABC on this. I was shocked they even did this show after they pull Tim Allen's show due to his Trump suport. Hopefully another station will grab onto it for next season. 

As for the outcry, well, again, not surprised. People are going to find something to complain about. Had she made the same comment about Trump she would be getting praise on ABC, CNN, and such right now. The whole thing comes down to people taking jokes to serious. The real joke here is that someone can jokingly make a comment about something and get blasted for it, while someone else can make the same comment, not joking, and get praised. Strange times, hopefully this weird hiccup in our evolution will be over soon.

She doesn't joke around though even if you tweeted her 'you are joking right?' She would attack you.  She even attacked her own kids because they are not so radical like her.

Another Job killed by Social Media. When will people learn that using these Social Medial sites to say what you think and feel is no different then saying it right in your boss face especially if your account is not private.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
KBG29 said:

Exactly. ABC liked the money they were making from the show, but their politics disagree strongly with Barr's. Had this been a left leaning show, instead of center right, the actress would have been allowed to apologize, maybe go on an apology tour on a few tonight shows, then get right back to work. 

It seems like you guys forgot that ABC wanted the broadcast rights for this show from the beginning, probably aware of Barr's political views. Roseanne being a Trump supporter was one of the big themes in the revival, if I'm not mistaken.

So maybe it's not about Barr's political views but about she being a complete shitbag on twitter.

From what I saw of the tweet, it's not bad enough to cancel the show over. I've seen plenty of blue check marks say worse about white people.

She is dumb if she didn't think these comments wouldn't have consequences, and now people are going to use this to support their idiotic "all trump-supporters are racist" crap

melbye said:
She is dumb if she didn't think these comments wouldn't have consequences, and now people are going to use this to support their idiotic "all trump-supporters are racist" crap

Well she is open Trump and is one of the reasons why the revival was an entertaining show but she took it to far on many occasions and today's tweet was the last straw.

konnichiwa said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Wow, I never really watched Roseanne, but seeing this thread title shocked me since I heard how amazingly well the reboot did. I just asked "How in god's name could it have been cancelled?", and well, the answer was ... informative.

Not surprised it got cancelled, but surprised she'd say something like that openly. Was it even a response to something, or did she just randomly open her mouth (metaphorically) on Twitter and say it out of the blue?

Let me just say that you should be happy if you never were a follower of her on twitter.

With the one of the last shootings one person replaced one of the anti gun speech kids with hitlers audio she retweeted it with 'Nazi Salute'. That one was before the new show aired I think not sure.

You shitting me? I'm sad I didn't follow sooner. I love watching SJWs scramble like eggs.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames