By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Roseanne got cancelled

shikamaru317 said:

Hopefully FOX revives it like they did with Last Man Standing after ABC cancelled it because of Tim Allen's "Being a conservative in Hollywood is like being a Jew in Nazi Germany" comment. ABC has become far too PC and leftist in recent years, it's a shame, they were once one of my favorite tv stations.

I've seen comics of other colors make racist jokes left and right and barely anybody bats an eyelash, but as soon as Roseanne, a white comic, does it, it's suddenly the worst thing in the world. The left has far too many easily offended snowflakes sadly. 

They probably would pick up that garbage laugh track show it would fit right in with all the new garbage laugh track shows that they have replacing actual good shows that they cancelled (The Mick, The Last Man on Earth, Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Hopefully FOX revives it like they did with Last Man Standing after ABC cancelled it because of Tim Allen's "Being a conservative in Hollywood is like being a Jew in Nazi Germany" comment. ABC has become far too PC and leftist in recent years, it's a shame, they were once one of my favorite tv stations.

I've seen comics of other colors make racist jokes left and right and barely anybody bats an eyelash, but as soon as Roseanne, a white comic, does it, it's suddenly the worst thing in the world. The left has far too many easily offended snowflakes sadly. 

Also Last Man Standing got canceled because of low ratings his comments had nothing to do with its cancellation.

Well that just cost a lot of people their jobs. Nice going there...

Azuren said:
konnichiwa said:

Let me just say that you should be happy if you never were a follower of her on twitter.

With the one of the last shootings one person replaced one of the anti gun speech kids with hitlers audio she retweeted it with 'Nazi Salute'. That one was before the new show aired I think not sure.

You shitting me? I'm sad I didn't follow sooner. I love watching SJWs scramble like eggs.

How exactly is she scrambling SJW she is just throwing out cheap insults anybody with half a brain can do that.

They probably should have checked her social media activities before they renewed the show she has been saying crazy stuff for years.

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/29/17406014/roseanne-racism-abc-trump-twitter?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:

Also Last Man Standing got canceled because of low ratings his comments had nothing to do with its cancellation.

It had nothing to do with ratings, that was just ABC's excuse for cancelling it because they didn't agree with his political opinions. It was the 2nd highest rated comedy on ABC the season they cancelled it, only a few hundred thousand viewers behind Modern Family.

For being a pretty shitty laugh track show it actually lasted a lot longer then it should have.  Most of them should be cancelled within three seasons. 

Chris Hu said:
Azuren said:

You shitting me? I'm sad I didn't follow sooner. I love watching SJWs scramble like eggs.

How exactly is she scrambling SJW she is just throwing out cheap insults anybody with half a brain can do that.

Because public figures normally cave to SJWs. Most of them are flabbergasted when someone dares to tell them and their gender studies degree to fuck off.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I love the take that ABC is too politically correct because they cancelled a project centered around a woman who promotes wacky conspiracy theories on Twitter and says black people look like monkeys. If we can't say black people look like monkeys anymore, what are we as a nation!?!?!

For real, Roseanne is nuts. Like, actually nuts. She's struggled with mental illness for a while and so I don't think this is all 100% her fault. It's a liability to the network to have one of their stars saying such terrible things though.

The most interesting part of this to me, is that President Trump bragged about the show's ratings and attributing its success to being about "us" (the Trump base).

He singled out a mentally ill conspiracy theorist and basically told the world, "that's what we're all about."

shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:

For being a pretty shitty laugh track show it actually lasted a lot longer then it should have.  Most of them should be cancelled within three seasons. 

That's because there have been very few good multi-camera laugh track sitcoms since the early 2000's, the studios lost their touch after that. Last Man Standing and this Roseanne reboot were largely the exception to the rule. Also Raising Hope was good, and those 3 are pretty much the only good sitcoms since the early 2000's. 

I guess you don't watch much television lets see It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Fresh Off the Boat, The Mick, Modern Family and Atlanta are all much better shows then the three you mentioned. 

shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:

They probably would pick up that garbage laugh track show it would fit right in with all the new garbage laugh track shows that they have replacing actual good shows that they cancelled (The Mick, The Last Man on Earth, Brooklyn Nine-Nine).

I love them both personally, I have always loved sitcoms, ever since growing up in the 90's and early 2000's watching great sitcoms like Seinfeld, Friends, the original Roseanne, Boy Meets World, Full House, Family Matters, Step By Step, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Everybody Loves Raymond,The King of Queens, and Yes Dear. 

My childhood in a nutshell sans Yes, Dear though. Never could get into that one