By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 ports the Switch totally should have :-)

Which game do you want the most?

Switch Sports Club Resort 10 13.33%

Kid Icarus Uprising HD 16 21.33%

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Switch Edition 6 8.00%

Persona Q HD 3 4.00%

Rhythm Heaven Switch Remix 1 1.33%

Soul Calibur: Switched 2 2.67%

Tokyo Mirage Sessions 11 14.67%

Xenoblade Chronicles HD 15 20.00%

Pandora's Tower HD 8 10.67%

Day of the Tentacle Remastered 3 4.00%

Total:75

UPDATE: Now - more than a year later - already three of these port-wishes came true (or are announced). Seven to go!

Hey, Switch seems to have a lot of ports that are actually doing pretty good (in some cases even outsell the original game). So I thought of some ports that would be totally awesome.

Switch Sports Club Resort

With the Joycons the Switch can totally emulate the motion controls of the Wii. So it should have the thing that made the Wii great in the first place. This was Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. Wii Sports Resort was the game that was more consistent, but Wii Sports had with Tennis and Boxing really great games. So a remake in HD of Wii Sports Resort with Tennis and Boxing included (and maybe a few other events) would be real great value. And think how you could set up a quick match with your friends in tabletop-mode anywhere.

Kid Icarus Uprising HD

This game was one of the games that made the 3DS an awesome experience. Filled to the brim with content, a great single player, a really fun multiplayer. The characters constantly talking while you were playing. And funny characters at it. This for me showed the ingenuity of Masahiro Sakurai. This game totally deserves a HD remake on the Switch, for more people to play.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Switch Edition

The Witcher is a great open world RPG. This game had everyone excited and sold more than 10 million copies. Think how you could play this game on the go Zelda-style. It would add more greatness and would be a great addition to fans of Breath of the Wild and Skyrim. And surely add another one or two million to sales.

Persona Q HD

This colorful 3DS-RPG totally needs a port to Switch. It is a great game which was limited by the hardware it was on. Bring it to the Switch, it will be still mobile, but so more awesome.

Rhythm Heaven Switch Remix

There were multiple Rhythm Heaven games across GBA, DS, Wii and 3DS, recently with Rhythm Heaven Megamix, which brought a best of the minigames to 3DS. Such a remix for Switch would bring a lot of new gamers to the craziness that is Rhythm Heaven. This is really a totally underappreciated series with extremely quirky characters and fun minigames. Bring it over!

Soul Calibur: Switched

Fighting games seem to do pretty well on Switch (at least a lot of them are released) and Soul Calibur is a classic series that has a high reputation. This seems just like a good fit.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions

I know everyone wants Persona 5 on Switch (I do too), but I want to mention more Tokyo Mirage Sessions. This is actually a really awesome game, it was just ill-fated. The hype was dead with it late release after an early announcement, it was on the WiiU and also pretty late in WiiUs life. So this game deserves another chance. It is awesome and everyone should try it. And if it goes well, maybe Atlus thinks about Persona 5 again.

Xenoblade Chronicles HD

After Xenoblade 2 brought new fans to the series, the earlier entries should be available too. And Xenoblade Chronicles totally deserves a HD-treatment.

Pandora's Tower HD

Another game which didn't got the exposure it deserved was Pandora's Tower. Late on the Wii and didn't came originally to the US. Even in the project Rainfall games Xenoblade Chronicles stole the focus. So let's give this awesome game another chance.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Day of the Tentacle is one of my most beloved games. And it got recently the Remastered treatment, so it exists inside a new engine. A port should be possible. With games like Thimbleweed Park and Darkside Detective the Switch proved it's ability to support Point-and-Click-adventures. So just do it!

What do you think of these games? And what would you like to see?

Last edited by Mnementh - on 15 November 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Halo 5 Switch edition
God of War
Tekken 3
Horizon Zero dawn
World of Warcraft
Gran Turismo Sport
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Lord of the Rings Online
Rogue Squadron 2 : Rogue Ledger (not a typo, would enjoy a port of rogue leader but where you are an accountant for the empire working out how much those damn rebels cost us)
Dance Dance revolution (think the touchscreen would be perfect as a dance mat alternative)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

"Witcher 3".... Lol

I'll take a Tokyo mirage sessions, I never played it and it interests me somewhat. Wii Sports Resort.... I don't want to buy more joycons for multiplayer...

No Metroid or Galaxy!?

Games that I want or it would be good to be ported to Switch:

-Metroid Trilogy HD
-Mario Galaxy 1/2 HD
-Xenoblade Chronicles HD
-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Kirby Epic Yarn HD
-Yoshi Wolly World
-Mario 3D World
-W101
-Zelda SS HD
-Zelda OoT/MM HD
-Zelda TP/WW
-Pikmin 3
-Pikmin 1/2 HD
-Overwatch
-Fortnite
-GTAV
-Mortal Kombat XL
-Tekken
-Injustice 2
-Fallout 3
-RE 0/1/3/4/5/6/7
-Silent Hill 1-3
-MGS 1-3/5
-Tomb Raider DE/Rise
-FF X
-Dark Souls 2/3
-Kingdom Hearts 1-2
-Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection
-Batman Return to Arkham Collection
-BioShock Collection
-Far Cry 3/4
-Plants vs Zombies
-Some Need For Speed game
-Some CoD game
-Diablo 3 (already heavily rumored)

EDIT

-Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2/3 HD

Most of them are last gen games so for most of them there wouldn't be any problem for porting.

I'd be a happy gamer if they put Wii Sports (the Wii U version with better controls) + Wii Sports Resort on a card. We had so much fun with these games, played them regularly for years.

Around the Network

1. Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD
2. Xenoblade Chronicles HD
3. Tokyo Mirage Sessions HD

^ make it happend Nintendo

Kid Icarus or a new one.... i will be so happy!

Switch!!!

Out of that list, I'd only really want Xenoblade Chronicles HD and a Switch version of Soul Calibur. I'd love to see a sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising. Keep on dreaming about Witcher 3, though - that ain't happening.

Personally from Nintendo I'd like to see the recent Zelda remasters (both 3D and HD games) come to Switch, preferably in a boxset of some kind - which will never happen because Nintendo know they can charge £40 a time. Skyward Sword HD, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Galaxy 1/2 HD and The Last Story HD would all be welcome.

The Mass Effect and BioShock trilogies would be great, too.

Ganoncrotch said:
Halo 5 Switch edition
God of War
Tekken 3
Horizon Zero dawn
World of Warcraft
Gran Turismo Sport
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Lord of the Rings Online
Rogue Squadron 2 : Rogue Ledger (not a typo, would enjoy a port of rogue leader but where you are an accountant for the empire working out how much those damn rebels cost us)
Dance Dance revolution (think the touchscreen would be perfect as a dance mat alternative)

Halo, God of War, Horizon are all first party, so not gonna happen. World of Warcraft would be cool, dunno if Nintendo works with subscription based games and if Bölizzard is willing to share (so far WoW is on no platform they have to pay royalties). But that reminds me, that Hearthstone would be great for Switch, should've totally made my initial list.

Barkley said:
"Witcher 3".... Lol

I'll take a Tokyo mirage sessions, I never played it and it interests me somewhat. Wii Sports Resort.... I don't want to buy more joycons for multiplayer...

You and some other may think this unlikely. Maybe technologically demanding, but with some tweaks and some reduced graphics it should be possible. CD Project Red may be not interested though. *sigh*

In Wii Sports only Bowling worked with more than two players, and here the controller could be given to the next, after you played. Well, Tennis had also a four player mode. In Resort many games were two player mode (like the swordfighting) or again the controller could be given to the next after you played. So only a few games would need more controllers, most should be playable with two Joycons.

Miyamotoo said:

No Metroid or Galaxy!?

Well, I had only ten games chosen, so something must been left  out. Metroid trilogy and for that matter Pikmin trilogy would be cool things. From your list I would also be interested in Fallout.

Louie said:
I'd be a happy gamer if they put Wii Sports (the Wii U version with better controls) + Wii Sports Resort on a card. We had so much fun with these games, played them regularly for years.

I always felt like Nintendo had given up too fast about this. Wii Sports was a pack-in, but Wii Sport Resort sold 32 million copies. Even half of that sales would still be massive, and development shouldn't break Nintendos bank. And I feel the motion gamers are still out there, they only got no new games. Should increase the userbase of Switch too.

fedfed said:
Kid Icarus or a new one.... i will be so happy!

You and me, both. I loved Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

-All 1st party published WiiU-games, even Splatoon even though it already got a sequel
-Luigi's Mansion 2(throw in Luigi's Mansion)
-Kid Icarus Uprising(i found it unplayable on 3DS)
-Ni No Kuni
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Metroid Prime Trilogy