By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Domains for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Atleast wait until the reveal before calling it shite. The concept sounds lame on paper but what matters is the execution.

And we’ve had games before that sounded great on paper but eventually wet the bed due to poor execution.

i want to see these upcoming games myself before I judge.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
routsounmanman said:
Well if the rumours and screenshots are actually true, Nintendo is officially the most out-of-touch and incompetent company ever. To have one of the biggest IPs in the industry (it could, potentially, give GTA and Mario a run for their money) and not taking advantage of it proper, is nothing short of idiotic.

It doesn't already? Last time I checked Sun and Moon + their enhanced versions are already way past 20 million in less than two years. Seems to being handled pretty well if you ask me with that kind of success.

GTAV is at 90m sold. Granted, it did so in a longer time frame. But looking at Pokemon, the first proper console Pokemon mainline RPG done right, could smash every expectation and be something truly spectacular. 

On the contrary, Pokemon as a franchise seems stale. I'm not one of those people that say that the battle system should stop being turn based or some crap (everyone who knows their Pokemon pretty much knows that the underlying systems are exceptional), but the production values could take a serious bump.

Well, it's done folks, the announcement is coming, I just hope Nintendo announces the Direct today, if they shadowdrop it, tomorrow will be insane

Barkley said:
Well that's certainly a different name.

Gen 1 is my favourite so this could be pretty good for me, just hope any Pokemon GO integration doesn't affect my game.

I imagine you still battle before catching. However catching you might need to throw the ball (You know actually throw it, instead of hitting throw). Being Gen 1 has me so happy. Gen 4 and onward has just lost me (besides Gen 6). 

I'm reserving judgement for after they're revealed. A reimagined Kanto with redesigned areas and newer Pokemon introduced into it would definitely have my attention, but I fear we're just going to get Yellow running on S/M's engine with nothing changed and that would be a huge waste of potential.

Around the Network

Yay more nostalgia and normies pandering.

A 1 - 2 punch with both genwunners and Go players.

This looks like more mobile games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

jardesonbarbosa said:
While other series like Zelda and God of War are evolving and changing gaming, Pokémon keeps doing the same shit literally every year and getting free passes. Now it's even worse, they went back to 1998 because what's better than nostalgia pandering? It's a shame because they have a franchise that has a huge potential to innovate and do something different, but the developers are really incompetent. I feel bad because I was hyped for a console Pokémon game, but this is high level BS. Combining that with that leaked screenshot, it's lazy, it's gross.                             

Oh nice! You have more details about the game? Could you share them with us?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Oh no... I just hope it isn't this:

This looks pretty embarrassing from a AAA title on a device like the Switch. Kinda wish they would contract Level 5 to do similar art of Ni No Kuni II but for Pokemon.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 16 May 2018

jardesonbarbosa said:
While other series like Zelda and God of War are evolving and changing gaming, Pokémon keeps doing the same shit literally every year and getting free passes. Now it's even worse, they went back to 1998 because what's better than nostalgia pandering? It's a shame because they have a franchise that has a huge potential to innovate and do something different, but the developers are really incompetent. I feel bad because I was hyped for a console Pokémon game, but this is high level BS. Combining that with that leaked screenshot, it's lazy, it's gross.

Damn man you seem to know alot about the game care telling me how it looks and how it plays?