By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Domains for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain

carlove said:
Ljink96 said:

Yo Chill, it isn't going to be a mobile game. Ishihara said it's "core pokemon rpg", it's not going to be mobile. I think the Go implementation will maybe be Avatar based, allow you to import your pokemon from go, and allow you to flick the pokeball to catch the pokemon.

They are creating A core pokemon rpg. No one said that was the only one...

He also said it would be available in a year or more, which aligns with this game... Pokemon Switch is also 2018 or later. It wouldn't make any sense to hype up a core rpg pokemon game, and say to buy a Switch now, and then release spinoffs, lol. No one said it was the only one, but Gamefreak doesn't announce a core RPG like this and then hype it up, and release a spinoff. That makes absolute ZERO sense.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Wyrdness said:

Tbh I'd want to know what people's expectations are because if anything something along the lines of Yokai watch is realistic given GF and that looks in line with that I can see the final version maybe having a higher resolution then shown there. It's pretty much expected that its not going to be a graphical showcase I'm expecting the focus to be more on how the execute the content for example that screen shows navigating water ways in a manner that's a step up above previous games.

Well it's not that we want it to be a graphical showcase per se, it's just that they have tools that they aren't using if this screenshot is final (which I think it isn't and is instead the Pokemon Stars Tech Demo). I would at least expect them to use current gen standards like upgraded shaders, and dynamic lighting. This looks exactly like a 3DS game...on Switch. Level 5 has put a 3DS game on Switch before, The Snack World: Trejares Gold and they took some advantages of the hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=194&v=0v5ZJ3PctOs

I just hope Gamefreak does the same. At least add some Dynamic lighting and better geometry/models than a 3DS game.

I think you should go back and play the 3DS games because the rock, water and character details and models are both better than what the 3DS games had plus with no jaggies, that's no different to the game you've linked.

Those names sound so campy

Wyrdness said:
Ljink96 said:

Well it's not that we want it to be a graphical showcase per se, it's just that they have tools that they aren't using if this screenshot is final (which I think it isn't and is instead the Pokemon Stars Tech Demo). I would at least expect them to use current gen standards like upgraded shaders, and dynamic lighting. This looks exactly like a 3DS game...on Switch. Level 5 has put a 3DS game on Switch before, The Snack World: Trejares Gold and they took some advantages of the hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=194&v=0v5ZJ3PctOs

I just hope Gamefreak does the same. At least add some Dynamic lighting and better geometry/models than a 3DS game.

I think you should go back and play the 3DS games because the rock, water and character details and models are both better than what the 3DS games had plus with no jaggies, that's no different to the game you've linked.

But it's only slightly better, to be frank this is not a good look for a new Pokemon game on Switch. As a 3D Artist myself, I could easily put together some better geometry than what's been leaked in the Lapras image, and I am aware of the standards in rock formation for current gen games. And it's not difficult to do, at all. I would hope Gamefreak is at least better than me, lol. The geometry is flat, no personality, and dated. The games I linked were more about dynamic lighting/physical based rendering (PBR) or even shadows on the models, which the Snack World does implement, but the pokemon leak doesn't. It looks like baked, pre rendered lighting which is a dated technique, well I take that back, not so much dated but not practiced as much today.

The bottom line is, we've seen graphics like this for 4 Pokemon games, it be extremely underwhelming to get another one.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 16 May 2018

Ljink96 said: 

Edit: Okay, now this new rumor from 4chan sounds much better!!!

Woah there, 4chan getting something correct one time doesn't mean we should start putting stock into every rumor on there.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Ljink96 said: 

Edit: Okay, now this new rumor from 4chan sounds much better!!!

Woah there, 4chan getting something correct one time doesn't mean we should start putting stock into every rumor on there.

lol, I know. Just reaching for some better info at this point. I'm definitely a bit more open though as the information does seem to be leaking left and right. Still labeling it as a rumor though. We'll see soon enough though!

Ljink96 said:
Wyrdness said:

But it's only slightly better, to be frank this is not a good look for a new Pokemon game on Switch. As a 3D Artist myself, I could easily put together some better geometry than what's been leaked in the Lapras image, and I am aware of the standards in rock formation for current gen games. And it's not difficult to do, at all. I would hope Gamefreak is at least better than me, lol. The geometry is flat, no personality, and dated. The games I linked were more about dynamic lighting/physical based rendering (PBR) or even shadows on the models, which the Snack World does implement, but the pokemon leak doesn't. It looks like baked, pre rendered lighting which is a dated technique, well I take that back, not so much dated but not practiced as much today.

The bottom line is, we've seen graphics like this for 4 Pokemon games, it be extremely underwhelming to get another one.

The Pokemon screen is an off screen low quality shot so tbh you're jumping the gun somewhat because you can't exactly see everything in play to be making assumptions on lighting and such. I'm sure GF is better than any of us but you're not taking into account series approach and art direction to me the screen looks something similar to the approach taken with WW where it's not aiming for any of what you're looking for AAA games are not just about lighting and geometry.

Pokemon games were never really about graphics so if that's what you were looking forward to I doubt you were going to be satisfied as even on previous platforms they've always gone for modest graphics and focused more on the content.

Green098 said:
jardesonbarbosa said:
While other series like Zelda and God of War are evolving and changing gaming, Pokémon keeps doing the same shit literally every year and getting free passes. Now it's even worse, they went back to 1998 because what's better than nostalgia pandering? It's a shame because they have a franchise that has a huge potential to innovate and do something different, but the developers are really incompetent. I feel bad because I was hyped for a console Pokémon game, but this is high level BS. Combining that with that leaked screenshot, it's lazy, it's gross.

It doesn't mean that they won't do that. Pokemon is a yearly (with the rare two year gap here and there) franchise, always has been, always will be. What's wrong with having remakes, spinoffs, sequels and expansions while we wait for each new big generation title. I'd rather have a remake in 2018, and gen 8 in 2019/20 than only the later.

Pokemon is not a big AAA 100+ million dollar budget game with 5+ years of development on a spec platform anyway. Plus who's to say there won't be innovation or doing something different in this anyway...

I'm not saying that we need a pokemon game that costs that much, but why not give it the same time and effort as a Zelda game?

From a financial point of view, it is viable it's completely viable, and it even has more potential then simply using the normal formula. 

The 4chan leak so far looks promising, though i still think that Nintendo needs to change the formula. 

And lastly, would it kill them to have a difficulty option? 

Last edited by areason - on 16 May 2018

Sounds casual. And why Eevee?

HintHRO said:
Sounds casual. And why Eevee?

In Pokemon Yellow the player had a Pikachu while the rival had an Evee.