By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Domains for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain

Kai_Mao said:
I think we have to consider this with the scenario that Game Freak is dealing with. First time developing a game in HD in, supposedly, a short time span (1-2 years, probably less than 2 years). I’m no game designer or engineer but that’s a pretty good amount of pressure to have.

I’m not excusing anyone from Game Freak. Heck, we haven’t even seen the game in action and I’m not really gonna take a blurry screenshot and make assumptions out of it. I’m just taking things into consideration.

Yes, I have taken that into consideration. But Nintendo was also new to HD game development and pushed out Mario 3D World and Mario kart 8 eventually. Though yes, their first HD Mario game looked like NSMB Wii, Nintendo Land did not. 

You're not wrong, it's a lot of pressure, but one would think Gamefreak would have R&D working on HD demos during the Wii U era, if not that's kind of foolhardy and gives off a procrastinator mentality. This is why you have a R&D department, so you don't fall behind the times. The screenshot, no matter how blurry it is, it still looks like a 3DS game. A similarly blurry screenshot of Breath of the Wild would not throw me for a loop as a 3DS title. 

I think it's fair to judge this screenshot because personally I've had to analyze other 3D artist's work for 6+ years. And I got bodied when I couldn't critique and analyze it well, after all that time, I can say that I find my analysis to be a fair one. The only thing seeing it in action would do is show us how smooth the animations are in this case. Getting a better resolution out of it still wouldn't speak to me. But if I'm wrong and this turns out to be the most beautiful thing ever, or better than I thought (based off the screenshot) I'll eat crow and say I was wrong in a second. But If this is final work, I don't think I will have to do that.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 16 May 2018

Around the Network

Worst possible news.

NintendoPie said:
Worst possible news.

because...?

this is a screenshot from a hd emulation of sun/moon, the screenshot for the new game seems to have worse geometry than a 3ds game. I've gotta feeling that screenshot is fake.

Man, I'll be pissed if the pokemon title is just nostalgia fest made for genwunners and pokemon go players.....

At this point all my hype for pokemon is deflated....

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Despite the abysmal name and worrying emphasis on Pokemon Go, I am mildly optimistic about this. I've always wanted a sequel to Gen 1 (20+ years down the line), with a reimagined Kanto/Johto, new Pokemon etc. However if this turned out to be another remake of the originals, with a heavy link to Pokemon Go, I'd be much less optimistic.

flashfire926 said:

Man, I'll be pissed if the pokemon title is just nostalgia fest made for genwunners and pokemon go players.....

I can't imagine the Pokemon go integration going far beyond just transferring Pokemon you've caught from that game over to the switch game. 

Ka-pi96 said:
flashfire926 said:

I guess you were pissed at Sun/Moon too then?

Even though Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon are my second favourite pokemon games, I am infact pissed at those games for excessive gen1 pandering as well. 

Ever since Game Freak received backlash for Pokemon Black/White, they have gone the extreme opposite direction to having almost all gen1 mons in every game after that, and that's quite unfortunate.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

pikashoe said:

this is a screenshot from a hd emulation of sun/moon, the screenshot for the new game seems to have worse geometry than a 3ds game. I've gotta feeling that screenshot is fake.

Thank you, lol. The original Screenshot has ground geo that seems very flat and not varied, this looks much better design wise. It uses space to its advantage, positive and negative space. This doesn't look bad actually, I just hope they go a step further with texture quality, lighting, haze, water shaders etc. But yeah, it looks great. The other image looks like geo from X and Y and kind of grid based.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 16 May 2018