By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Domains for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain

Ljink96 said:

Oh no... I just hope it isn't this:

This looks pretty embarrassing from a AAA title on a device like the Switch.

Most sources seem to point to it being this. I know GF aren't super talented devs, but I have a faint glimmer of hope that it would be better than that, hopefully that's just an alpha screenshot from early in development, if that's near the final product, the game better play really fucking well or it's going to be trashed beyond anything we've seen before.



Around the Network

I was getting bored of pokemon. So any change should be good for me!



Pocky Lover Boy! 

RingoGaSuki said:
Ljink96 said:

Oh no... I just hope it isn't this:

This looks pretty embarrassing from a AAA title on a device like the Switch.

Most sources seem to point to it being this. I know GF aren't super talented devs, but I have a faint glimmer of hope that it would be better than that, hopefully that's just an alpha screenshot from early in development, if that's near the final product, the game better play really fucking well or it's going to be trashed beyond anything we've seen before.

I actually recall that maybe this is a leaked screen of a prototype, the Pokemon Stars thing, which would be understandable. But yeah GF hasn't been the most artistically gifted, and that mostly stems from working on under powered hardware for decades. I also hope they do something a bit more impressive for Switch. 

But yeah, if they rushed this thing out just to make a 2018 release date, and just used the engine from Sun and Moon, we're going to see some fairly decent backlash from the community.

================================================================================================================================

Edit: Okay, now this new rumor from 4chan sounds much better!!!

Right know there is some confusion going on, what Pokemon Let's Go actually is. Let me tell you it's not a Pokemon Yellow Remake and it's not a Gen. 7 Game.

-The Game takes place in a complety new Kanto. It is a full 3D Third Person JRPG and not a 3DS Game in HD based on a Layout of 1996 Gameboy JRPG.

-There are new Pokemon, most of them are Evolutions of already known Pokemon (mainly from Kanto), and there are also knew Regional Forms for some Non-Kanto Pokemon.

-Instead of having new Starters GF had the idea to use Pikachu an Eevee. Both get new Evolutions. Gorochu is back. Eevee is finally getting a Normal Evolution Line.

-Your Pokemon can follow you (not only Pikachu an Eevee), Wild Pokemon are also shown in the Overworld, No Random Encounters

-Catching Pokemon is still like in the older Pokemon Games, a new Element inspired by Pokemon Go is that you can throw a Ball via the Touchscreen (in Handheld Mode) or with Motion (Docked Mode).

-Pokemon from Pokemon Go can finally be brought into the Real Games via the Pokemon Bank.

The Game will be revealed soon.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 16 May 2018

RingoGaSuki said:
Ljink96 said:

Oh no... I just hope it isn't this:

This looks pretty embarrassing from a AAA title on a device like the Switch.

Most sources seem to point to it being this. I know GF aren't super talented devs, but I have a faint glimmer of hope that it would be better than that, hopefully that's just an alpha screenshot from early in development, if that's near the final product, the game better play really fucking well or it's going to be trashed beyond anything we've seen before.

Tbh I'd want to know what people's expectations are because if anything something along the lines of Yokai watch is realistic given GF and that looks in line with that I can see the final version maybe having a higher resolution then shown there. It's pretty much expected that its not going to be a graphical showcase I'm expecting the focus to be more on how the execute the content for example that screen shows navigating water ways in a manner that's a step up above previous games.



If it's a Yellow remake that would be amazing!

I'm expecting some stupid mobile game though.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
If it's a Yellow remake that would be amazing!

I'm expecting some stupid mobile game though.

Yo Chill, it isn't going to be a mobile game. Ishihara said it's "core pokemon rpg", it's not going to be mobile. I think the Go implementation will maybe be Avatar based, allow you to import your pokemon from go, and allow you to flick the pokeball to catch the pokemon.



Wyrdness said:
RingoGaSuki said:

Most sources seem to point to it being this. I know GF aren't super talented devs, but I have a faint glimmer of hope that it would be better than that, hopefully that's just an alpha screenshot from early in development, if that's near the final product, the game better play really fucking well or it's going to be trashed beyond anything we've seen before.

Tbh I'd want to know what people's expectations are because if anything something along the lines of Yokai watch is realistic given GF and that looks in line with that I can see the final version maybe having a higher resolution then shown there. It's pretty much expected that its not going to be a graphical showcase I'm expecting the focus to be more on how the execute the content for example that screen shows navigating water ways in a manner that's a step up above previous games.

Well it should really be at a similar (better) level to the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games. Those were certainly made on a lower budget and the 1st was released on Vita so a Switch game should be fully capable to match that, if not exceed it, graphically.

Why not expect that when we know other devs can and have done it?



Ljink96 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
If it's a Yellow remake that would be amazing!

I'm expecting some stupid mobile game though.

Yo Chill, it isn't going to be a mobile game. Ishihara said it's "core pokemon rpg", it's not going to be mobile. I think the Go implementation will maybe be Avatar based, allow you to import your pokemon from go, and allow you to flick the pokeball to catch the pokemon.

If there is any go implementation it better be optional. I don't want to flick imaginary balls or any silly shit like that.



Wyrdness said:
RingoGaSuki said:

Most sources seem to point to it being this. I know GF aren't super talented devs, but I have a faint glimmer of hope that it would be better than that, hopefully that's just an alpha screenshot from early in development, if that's near the final product, the game better play really fucking well or it's going to be trashed beyond anything we've seen before.

Tbh I'd want to know what people's expectations are because if anything something along the lines of Yokai watch is realistic given GF and that looks in line with that I can see the final version maybe having a higher resolution then shown there. It's pretty much expected that its not going to be a graphical showcase I'm expecting the focus to be more on how the execute the content for example that screen shows navigating water ways in a manner that's a step up above previous games.

Well it's not that we want it to be a graphical showcase per se, it's just that they have tools that they aren't using if this screenshot is final (which I think it isn't and is instead the Pokemon Stars Tech Demo). I would at least expect them to use current gen standards like upgraded shaders, and dynamic lighting. This looks exactly like a 3DS game...on Switch. Level 5 has put a 3DS game on Switch before, The Snack World: Trejares Gold and they took some advantages of the hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=194&v=0v5ZJ3PctOs

I just hope Gamefreak does the same. At least add some Dynamic lighting and better geometry/models than a 3DS game.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 16 May 2018

Ljink96 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
If it's a Yellow remake that would be amazing!

I'm expecting some stupid mobile game though.

Yo Chill, it isn't going to be a mobile game. Ishihara said it's "core pokemon rpg", it's not going to be mobile. I think the Go implementation will maybe be Avatar based, allow you to import your pokemon from go, and allow you to flick the pokeball to catch the pokemon.

They are creating A core pokemon rpg. No one said that was the only one...