By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we're gonna see Pikmin 4 this year?

Are we going to see Pikmin 4 this year?

Yes 18 46.15%

No 20 51.28%

What's a Pikmin? 1 2.56%

Total:39
leedlelee said:
It seems as though they've been sitting on this game for a hot minute...
It occurred to me when they announced Hey Pikmin that Hey Pikmin was actually the game to which they were referring, but I don't think we have any reason to suspect that is the case...

There was an interview by Miyamoto in 2017 (after Hey Pikmin was announced) where he said that he was told to not share anything about the game but that its developement was progressing. So it seems like he was talking about a game other than Hey Pikmin.

Source:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

Around the Network
nemo37 said:
leedlelee said:
It seems as though they've been sitting on this game for a hot minute...
It occurred to me when they announced Hey Pikmin that Hey Pikmin was actually the game to which they were referring, but I don't think we have any reason to suspect that is the case...

There was an interview by Miyamoto in 2017 (after Hey Pikmin was announced) where he said that he was told to not share anything about the game but that its developement was progressing. So it seems like he was talking about a game other than Hey Pikmin.

Source:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

Thank goodness...

I never got Hey Pikmin because it just didn't look very compelling or engaging...

But I was worried that it might be one of those titles Nintendo uses to gauge public interest in an IP...

Have a nice day...

I think it's safe to say that Miyamoto meant Hey! Pikmin back then.

Nope, they'll just re-release Pikmin 3 at full price.

Why make new games when you just can endlessly regurgitate old ones, right Nintendo?

curl-6 said:

Why make new games when you just can endlessly regurgitate old ones, right Nintendo?

Well they cant do to that endlessly, Wii U dont have endless number of good games. :D

Around the Network

I hope we will see it at least this year, but I expect to see it next year if we dont see it this year.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 14 May 2018

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Well they cant do to that endlessly, Wii U dont have endless number of good games. :D

Unfortunately there are still enough that they can underdeliver on new games until 2020 if they decide to.

i still think Pikmin 4 was turned into the 3DS game we got

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think this was either meant to be the 3DS game or Miyamoto flat out lied. Didn't he say something like "once a Pikmin game is done the team instantly starts work on the next one"? Yeah, that's bollocks. Pikmin is a niche series for Nintendo and doesn't have priority. It's just Miyamoto who really likes the series and, a few years ago, still had the internal power to make things happen. But for some time now Nintendo's younger developers have been more in charge at the company and that's why we haven't seen Pikmin 4 yet (so if the game Miyamoto talked about was Pikmin 4 it certainly wasn't almost done in 2015).

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Unfortunately there are still enough that they can underdeliver on new games until 2020 if they decide to.

IMO some of this have solid chanches for porting to Switch: Mario Maker (if we dont get sequel), Mario 3D World (also if we dont get sequel), NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Zelda TP/WW HD, W101 and Xenoblade X. Talking about potential Wii ports, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and Mario Galaxy 1/2 HD.