By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we're gonna see Pikmin 4 this year?

Are we going to see Pikmin 4 this year?

Yes 18 46.15%

No 20 51.28%

What's a Pikmin? 1 2.56%

Total:39
Masked_Muchaco said: 

According to Myamoto, Pikmin 4 was supposed to be very close to completion since 2015:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

I think it's safe to assume that this game was probably being made for the Wii U, but then it started to be retooled for the Switch when Nintendo realised Wii U situation wasn't going to change, and that the game could have a better chance on a new console. But come on, it has been 3 years already, it can't possibly take that long to do that, can it? That's why I think they're not just retooling the game for Switch, but also adding many new things to it.

It looks like things got lost in translation. That Pikmin game was revealed to be for 3DS, and released last summer.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 14 May 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
melbye said:

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the project Miyamoto referred to as Pikmin 4 back in 2015 was indeed Hey! Pikmin. If it was a full-fledged Pikmin 4 and it was nearly complete in 2015 its a little bit weird that we still haven't seen anything 3 years later, even if it became a WiiU to Switch project.

it's not outside the realm of possibility, but what i'm saying is why would Miyamoto again in 2017 mention that Pikmin 4 is in development when Hey! Pikmin had already been announced if he meant it was the 3DS game

why would he not just say "Hey! Pikmin is the Pikmin game I was referring to back in 2015", instead he specifically mentioned again for the second time that there's a Pikmin 4 in development back in 2017 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

this article was from june 2017 where as Hey! Pikmin came out in July of that year 

i'm not saying it's impossible that pikmin 4 was actually Hey! Pikmin, just that based off of what Miyamoto has said he indicates that it wasn't 

Erm, the very article you linked shows they are two seperate games and thus Hey Pikmin somehow being mistakingly called Pikmin 4 repeatedly isn't even a possibility. Also to amend my prior comment, that link also has Nintendo confirming the existence of Pikmin 4, meaning Miyamoto isn't just trying to force their hand so we can put that idea to rest thankfully.

Last edited by Lonely_Dolphin - on 14 May 2018

Lonely_Dolphin said:
FloatingWaffles said:

it's not outside the realm of possibility, but what i'm saying is why would Miyamoto again in 2017 mention that Pikmin 4 is in development when Hey! Pikmin had already been announced if he meant it was the 3DS game

why would he not just say "Hey! Pikmin is the Pikmin game I was referring to back in 2015", instead he specifically mentioned again for the second time that there's a Pikmin 4 in development back in 2017 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

this article was from june 2017 where as Hey! Pikmin came out in July of that year 

i'm not saying it's impossible that pikmin 4 was actually Hey! Pikmin, just that based off of what Miyamoto has said he indicates that it wasn't 

Erm, the very article you linked shows they are two seperate games and thus Hey Pikmin somehow being mistakingly called Pikmin 4 repeatedly isn't even a possibility. 

Yeah that's true, guess I mixed that up a bit there. 

Something was definitely lost in translation.
2015 - next Pikmin game announced as almost complete.
2017 - Pikmin game releases on 3DS.
2018 - People somehow don’t believe the game in 2017 is the one they announced in 2015.

Seriously, it’s Pikmin, they’re not going to have multiple games in the works simultaneously on their weakest franchise outside of Steel Diver.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

yes. I think Pikmin is coming this year revealed at E3.

unless Pokemon Switch is this year too.

But after Smash we need another hit... which could be Pokemon or 2 medium range: Metroid 4 , Pikmin 4, Yoshi. Bayonetta 3 or Paper Mario.

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Unfortunately there are still enough that they can underdeliver on new games until 2020 if they decide to.

SM3DW, Xeno X, W101, Super Mario Maker .... Paper Mario Color Splash (Wouldn't work because of Gamepad implementation), Star Fox Zero (They would have to retool it without the gamepad motion mechanic) and that's pretty much it.

Nothing much left I would way.

Plus New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Pikmin 3, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Tokyo Mirage Sessions...

Starfox Zero likely isn't coming, but Paper Mario would not be hard to bring over, just move the Gamepad card view into an on-screen UI.

I suspect the next 2 years are going to be packed with reheated leftovers if the first half of this year is anything to go by.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Plus New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Pikmin 3, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Tokyo Mirage Sessions...

Starfox Zero likely isn't coming, but Paper Mario would not be hard to bring over, just move the Gamepad card view into an on-screen UI.

I suspect the next 2 years are going to be packed with reheated leftovers if the first half of this year is anything to go by.

Actually, I think we're going to get the following in terms of port and "new" things 

- "New" New Super Mario Bros

- Zelda Skyword Sword HD (Bringing back TP and WW again would be stupid at this point)

- No Kirby (RC was made for the Gamepad, you can't re-tool it for the Switch) or Yoshi ports (We just got Star Allies and we're getting the next Yoshi game this summer,probably, soooo nope)

- Tokyo Mirage Sessions + Xenoblade X + Pikmin 3 + Wonderful 101 ports.

That's all I can see being reheated from the WiiU.

When has Nintendo ever shown that they're adverse to milking the same content over and over? TP HD and WW HD seem quite likely to me, as for Woolly World, they'll probably just wait til next year or 2020 once people have moved on from the actual Switch Yoshi. Skyward Sword HD is almost definitely coming, but this is the same company that released Majora's Mask 3D, Ocarina 3D, A Link Between Worlds, and Triforce Heroes all on 3DS. I doubt they'd be worried about putting out 5 Zelda games on Switch.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

When has Nintendo ever shown that they're adverse to milking the same content over and over? TP HD and WW HD seem quite likely to me, as for Woolly World, they'll probably just wait til next year or 2020 once people have moved on from the actual Switch Yoshi. Skyward Sword HD is almost definitely coming, but this is the same company that released Majora's Mask 3D, Ocarina 3D, A Link Between Worlds, and Triforce Heroes all on 3DS. I doubt they'd be worried about putting out 5 Zelda games on Switch.

You're comparing a system that got 2 remakes of N64 games and 2 original when in the other case you're suggesting to put 3 remasters (2 of them being from this generation) and 1 original game alongside to compet .....

I don't see them doing this.

I do, it's Nintendo, next to Capcom they are the kings of rehashing old content. They're clearly treating their Wii U releases as if that system never happened, I don't see why they wouldn't apply that same twisted logic to the Zelda remasters.

Jumpin said:
Something was definitely lost in translation.
2015 - next Pikmin game announced as almost complete.
2017 - Pikmin game releases on 3DS.
2018 - People somehow don’t believe the game in 2017 is the one they announced in 2015.

Seriously, it’s Pikmin, they’re not going to have multiple games in the works simultaneously on their weakest franchise outside of Steel Diver.

Or just check the link: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

It wasn't just next the Pikmin game, it was specifically called Pikmin 4, which it was still called even after Hey Pikmin was announced. More definitively, Nintendo confirmed it to still be in development but wouldn't say anything else about it, this just before Hey Pikmin released which we long had details for.

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

SM3DW, Xeno X, W101, Super Mario Maker .... Paper Mario Color Splash (Wouldn't work because of Gamepad implementation), Star Fox Zero (They would have to retool it without the gamepad motion mechanic) and that's pretty much it.

Nothing much left I would way.

Chances for Yoshi's Woolly World and especially for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are minimal because new Kirby was launched only 2 months ago and new Yoshi is coming this year. Other games that you mentioned definitely have much more sense in any case, its not point just to re-realease every better Wii U game for Switch (and for instance Kirby is not that good game that needs port) but point is also to offer different variety of Switch lineup, all annaued Wii U ports for Switch until now offers variaty for Switch linuep, that wouldnt be case with ports of Kirby and Yoshi.

Mar1217 said: 
curl-6 said: 

- Zelda Skyword Sword HD (Bringing back TP and WW again would be stupid at this point)

WW/TP HD pack for Switch would totaly make sense because huge popularity of Zelda BotW and Nintendo would definitely want to offer much more Zelda games to Switch owners. I would same same thing for OoT/MM 3D HD pack, SS HD, even ALBW HD or new top down Zelda, alongside new 3D Zelda.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 15 May 2018