By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we're gonna see Pikmin 4 this year?

Are we going to see Pikmin 4 this year?

Yes 18 46.15%

No 20 51.28%

What's a Pikmin? 1 2.56%

Total:39
Miyamotoo said: 
Mar1217 said: 

- Zelda Skyword Sword HD (Bringing back TP and WW again would be stupid at this point)

WW/TP HD pack for Switch would totaly make sense

That would be hillarious.

OT: I don't expect we'll see anything of Pikmin 4 this year, I'd give it a 25-30% chance of finally making an appearance.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said: 

WW/TP HD pack for Switch would totaly make sense

That would be hillarious.

Why do you think like that?

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Plus New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Pikmin 3, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Tokyo Mirage Sessions...

Starfox Zero likely isn't coming, but Paper Mario would not be hard to bring over, just move the Gamepad card view into an on-screen UI.

I suspect the next 2 years are going to be packed with reheated leftovers if the first half of this year is anything to go by.

Chances for Yoshi's Woolly World and especially for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are minimal because new Kirby was launched only 2 months ago and new Yoshi is coming this year. Other games that you mentioned definitely have much more sense in any case, its not point just to re-realease every better Wii U game for Switch (and for instance Kirby is not that good game that needs port) but point is also to offer different variety of Switch lineup, all annaued Wii U ports for Switch until now offers variaty for Switch linuep, that wouldnt be case with ports of Kirby and Yoshi.

Nintendo has never cared much for variety, they released NSMBW, DKCR, and Kirby's Epic Yarn all the frame of a year,  NSMB2 and NSMBU just months apart, Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing a year apart. 95% of their output is kid-friendly cartoon games.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Chances for Yoshi's Woolly World and especially for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are minimal because new Kirby was launched only 2 months ago and new Yoshi is coming this year. Other games that you mentioned definitely have much more sense in any case, its not point just to re-realease every better Wii U game for Switch (and for instance Kirby is not that good game that needs port) but point is also to offer different variety of Switch lineup, all annaued Wii U ports for Switch until now offers variaty for Switch linuep, that wouldnt be case with ports of Kirby and Yoshi.

Nintendo has never cared much for variety, they released NSMBW, DKCR, and Kirby's Epic Yarn all the frame of a year,  NSMB2 and NSMBU just months apart, Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing a year apart. 95% of their output is cartoon mascots.

What Nintendo done before is totally irrelevant with Switch, you need to pay attention on what Nintendo is doing currently. And obvously they do care with Switch lineup variaty and they definitely they look from that point when they consider potential Switch ports/remasters. Just look what eaxatly Wii U games until now they are getting ported. Why they currently re-released DKCR TF for Switch and not Kirby or Yoshi, simple because we have new Kirby and Yoshi while we will not have any time soon new DKCR game.

Like I wrote, chances for Yoshi's Woolly World and especially for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are minimal because, while I could easily see Pikmin 3 or NSMBU.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo has never cared much for variety, they released NSMBW, DKCR, and Kirby's Epic Yarn all the frame of a year,  NSMB2 and NSMBU just months apart, Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing a year apart. 95% of their output is cartoon mascots.

What Nintendo done before is totally irrelevant with Switch, you need to pay attention on what Nintendo is doing currently. And obvously they do care with Switch lineup variaty and they definitely they look from that point when they consider potential Switch ports/remasters. Just look what eaxatly Wii U games until now they are getting ported. Why they currently re-released DKCR TF for Switch and not Kirby or Yoshi, simple because we have new Kirby and Yoshi while we will not have any time soon new DKCR game.

Fire Emblem Warriors came out less than 9 months away from them porting over Hyrule Warriors.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Fire Emblem Warriors came out less than 9 months away from them porting over Hyrule Warriors.

Yeah, but one is Fire Emblem other is Hyrule Warriors, totally different IP with totally different characters and settings. Also maybe Koei Tecmo wanted to port Hyrule Warriors on first place not Nintendo, and hardly Nintendo would stop them.

Like I wrote, chances for Yoshi's Woolly World and especially for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are minimal because we already have new games, while I could easily see Pikmin 3 or NSMBU for instance.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, but one is Fire Emblem other is Hyrule Warriors, totally different IP.

Like I wrote, chances for Yoshi's Woolly World and especially for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are minimal because we already have new games, while I could easily see Pikmin 3 or NSMBU for instance.

They are both Musou games, which are pretty much all identical from a gameplay perspective. I doubt the existence of Yoshi Switch this year would deter them from wheeling out Woolly World in 2019 or 2020. And even if they don't my point remains; there are still plenty of Wii U games they could port, so I expect we'll continue to see a shortage of substantial new Switch games for the foreseeable future.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, but one is Fire Emblem other is Hyrule Warriors, totally different IP.

They are both Musou games, which are pretty much all identical from a gameplay perspective. I doubt the existence of Yoshi Switch this year would deter them from wheeling out Woolly World in 2019 or 2020. And even if they don't my point remains; there are still tons of Wii U games they could port, so I expect we'll continue to see a shortage of substantial new Switch games for the foreseeable future.

They are both Musou games, but one attracts Zelda fans other Fire Emblem fans, Yoshi and Kirby in any case attracts Yoshi and Kirby fans. Chanches for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are almost non existal in any case, its touch based game and its not better game than Switch Kirby that already has very good sales. Maybe we could see Yoshi Wolly World port and I personaly hope we will, but with fact that new Yoshi game is coming this year chanches are very slim, higher chances we will have another new Yoshi game later in Switch life span.

But thats a point, there is no still tons of Wii U ports that could realistically be ported to Switch, maybe we talking maybe around 5 games most. Also, some WiiU port/remaster for Switch doenst mean that we could have new game insted of that port for same time period and recources.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

They are both Musou games, which are pretty much all identical from a gameplay perspective. I doubt the existence of Yoshi Switch this year would deter them from wheeling out Woolly World in 2019 or 2020. And even if they don't my point remains; there are still tons of Wii U games they could port, so I expect we'll continue to see a shortage of substantial new Switch games for the foreseeable future.

They are both Musou games, but one attracts Zelda fans other Fire Emblem fans, Yoshi and Kirby in any case attracts Yoshi and Kirby fans. Chanches for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are almost non existal in any case, its touch based game and its not better game than Switch Kirby that already has very good sales. Maybe we could see Yoshi Wolly World port and I personaly hope we will, but with fact that new Yoshi game is coming this year chanches are very slim, higher chances we will have another new Yoshi game later in Switch life span.

But thats a point, there is no still tons of Wii U ports that could realistically be ported to Switch, maybe we talking maybe around 5 games most. Also, some WiiU port/remaster for Switch doenst mean that we could have new game insted of that port for same time period and recources.

I never said we'd get Woolly World this year, I expect they'll reheat it in 2019 or 2020.

I just hope at some point we start getting a steady stream of high quality new games all year, not just in the second half.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They are both Musou games, but one attracts Zelda fans other Fire Emblem fans, Yoshi and Kirby in any case attracts Yoshi and Kirby fans. Chanches for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse are almost non existal in any case, its touch based game and its not better game than Switch Kirby that already has very good sales. Maybe we could see Yoshi Wolly World port and I personaly hope we will, but with fact that new Yoshi game is coming this year chanches are very slim, higher chances we will have another new Yoshi game later in Switch life span.

I never said we'd get Woolly World this year, I expect they'll reheat it in 2019 or 2020.

I just hope at some point we start getting a steady stream of high quality new games all year, not just in the second half.

I never said you said we will get Woolly World this year, I was talking about any case and later Switch life span, not just this year.

Well number of potential good candidates for Switch porting/remaster is smaller than already announced/released Wii U ports, I guess we will maybe have another this year and few next year and that will be that.