By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we're gonna see Pikmin 4 this year?

Are we going to see Pikmin 4 this year?

Yes 18 46.15%

No 20 51.28%

What's a Pikmin? 1 2.56%

Total:39
Louie said:
I think this was either meant to be the 3DS game or Miyamoto flat out lied. Didn't he say something like "once a Pikmin game is done the team instantly starts work on the next one"? Yeah, that's bollocks. Pikmin is a niche series for Nintendo and doesn't have priority. It's just Miyamoto who really likes the series and, a few years ago, still had the internal power to make things happen. But for some time now Nintendo's younger developers have been more in charge at the company and that's why we haven't seen Pikmin 4 yet (so if the game Miyamoto talked about was Pikmin 4 it certainly wasn't almost done in 2015).

To be fair, Pikmin 4 could easily be almost done in 2015. for Wii U and that than they later decided to move hole project to Switch. Despite Miyamoto dont have same role like he had before, he is still one of most powerful man in Nintendo, so he could easily push some project that he likes.

Around the Network

I think we could see it officially announced, but doubt it releases this year. There's only room for one more tentpole release and it's gotta be something big like Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Also I've no doubt the game does exist. There's the idea that Miyamoto has been bs'ing to try n force Nintendo to let him make another game. Possible, but I don't think they woulda bothered making Hey Pikmin if the series was essentially dead. Like Amiibo Festival and Federation Force, it's just a hold over until next the mainline release.

Nintendo does keep surprising us with their release date soo maybe!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

We might see it, but there's no way it would release this year. The year is basically filled, not counting the big holiday month. Pikmin wouldn't go their

pizzanuggs said:

I only hope it doesn't come to us as "Pikmin 4: Pik Pik Party Pak!" a mario party style board game

Pik means dick in Dutch, so I read Dick Dick Party Pack

But in all seriousness, this was 3 years back and a mediocre Pikmin game for 3DS has already been released. You guys still believe Pikmin 4 is a thing?

Around the Network

why do some still think that Pikmin 4 was actually Hey! Pikmin when miyamoto himself said back in 2017 that actual Pikmin 4 was still in development

if it was why would he not just say "this is what Pikmin 4 became" when asked in 2017 before Hey! Pikmin released 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 14 May 2018

I really hope so. Pikmin 4 with online coop just sounds so damn good. Also hopefully Hey Pikmin is not the title Miyamoto was talking about

FloatingWaffles said:

why do some still think that Pikmin 4 was actually Hey! Pikmin when miyamoto himself said back in 2017 that actual Pikmin 4 was still in development

if it was why would he not just say "this is what Pikmin 4 became" when asked in 2017 before Hey! Pikmin released 

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the project Miyamoto referred to as Pikmin 4 back in 2015 was indeed Hey! Pikmin. If it was a full-fledged Pikmin 4 and it was nearly complete in 2015 its a little bit weird that we still haven't seen anything 3 years later, even if it became a WiiU to Switch project.

melbye said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the project Miyamoto referred to as Pikmin 4 back in 2015 was indeed Hey! Pikmin. If it was a full-fledged Pikmin 4 and it was nearly complete in 2015 its a little bit weird that we still haven't seen anything 3 years later, even if it became a WiiU to Switch project.

it's not outside the realm of possibility, but what i'm saying is why would Miyamoto again in 2017 mention that Pikmin 4 is in development when Hey! Pikmin had already been announced if he meant it was the 3DS game

why would he not just say "Hey! Pikmin is the Pikmin game I was referring to back in 2015", instead he specifically mentioned again for the second time that there's a Pikmin 4 in development back in 2017 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

this article was from june 2017 where as Hey! Pikmin came out in July of that year 

i'm not saying it's impossible that pikmin 4 was actually Hey! Pikmin, just that based off of what Miyamoto has said he indicates that it wasn't 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 14 May 2018

Hey Pikmin was developed by a 3rd party company. And myamoto is clearly referring to a mainline Pikmin game. 

Probably Myamoto decided to add more stuff since there's no hurry to release this as the Switch lineup was already packed last year. The official announcement will probably happen at this e3.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 14 May 2018

We reap what we sow