By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we're gonna see Pikmin 4 this year?

Are we going to see Pikmin 4 this year?

Yes 18 46.15%

No 20 51.28%

What's a Pikmin? 1 2.56%

Total:39
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

I never said we'd get Woolly World this year, I expect they'll reheat it in 2019 or 2020.

I just hope at some point we start getting a steady stream of high quality new games all year, not just in the second half.

I never said you said we will get Woolly World this year, I was talking about any case and later Switch life span, not just this year.

Well number of potential good candidates for Switch porting/remaster is smaller than already announced/released Wii U ports, I guess we will maybe have another this year and few next year and that will be that.

It's a problem though when the first 5 months of the year can go by with only 1 substantial new game and a mediocre one at that. We should expect more from Nintendo.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I never said you said we will get Woolly World this year, I was talking about any case and later Switch life span, not just this year.

Well number of potential good candidates for Switch porting/remaster is smaller than already announced/released Wii U ports, I guess we will maybe have another this year and few next year and that will be that.

It's a problem though when the first 5 months of the year can go by with only 1 substantial new game and a mediocre one at that. We should expect more from Nintendo.

To be fair Labo is also new game. :)

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair Labo is also new game. :)

Yeah but it's not exactly a substantial one, it's more of a construction kit with relatively shallow minigames attached.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

"We?" Surely you understand that we don't all share your opinions. What isn't substantial or good to you might be for someone else.

I'm not so convinced we would get Woolly World again, seeing as it was already ported to the 3DS and didn't sell like hot cakes...
The fact that they announced the port only a year after the initial Wii U release with more content and at a lower price left a bad taste in The mouths of many, so they might not want to go down that road again...
But there's always the very substantial possibility that Nintendo won't apply logic to this situation...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

That's your opinion. Personally, I've been playing Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, and MK8D to death and have little money to get new games, so I don't mind a break. You have to imagine Nintendo put a lot of eggs into 2017, so naturally 2018 would be lighter on big time releases. Even then there are still plenty of games to suffice so it really is a non issue.

It was supposed to release for Wii U, then launch with the Switch... I'm beginning to think that interview was mistranslated/misunderstood and Miyamoto was talking about the (then upcoming) 3DS game.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
It was supposed to release for Wii U, then launch with the Switch... I'm beginning to think that interview was mistranslated/misunderstood and Miyamoto was talking about the (then upcoming) 3DS game.

Naw mawn. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

Also, now that Pokemon is much more likely to come this year, Pikmin is unlikely to release until 2019. And also Animal Crossing fuck!

I don't see the game releasing this year sadly. Here is what I think Nintendo's schedule looks like from August and up to December.

August: Yoshi
September: Smash Bros
October: Mario Party (The developer is due to make a game this year and all they do is make Mario Party)
November: Pokemon(Leaks are heavily suggesting this and it will help push Nintendo's online service)
December: Fire Emblem (This one has been announced since forever. It might take the place of Xenoblade 2 this year )

Other than Switching Mario Party and Fire Emblem around I think this is the most likely game schedule. As you can see Pikmin has no room. If the game is announced this year it won't come out until early 2019 at the earliest.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

TH3-D0S3R said:
curl-6 said:

That's your opinion. Personally, I've been playing Splatoon 2, Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, and MK8D to death and have little money to get new games, so I don't mind a break. You have to imagine Nintendo put a lot of eggs into 2017, so naturally 2018 would be lighter on big time releases. Even then there are still plenty of games to suffice so it really is a non issue.

Some of us actually like to have a decent supply of new games, not stuff we already played to death last year or worse in 2014. 5 months with only 1 substantial new release is not good no matter how you slice it.