By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A single PS4 game outsold all X1 Library in Japan

And why should i care about this?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

something... something.... beating a dead horse.

Who is surprised by this? Xbox One doesn't even have a 100,000 install base in Japan. Your arbitrary metric used to conjure faux surprise is even less impressive when you consider that a single Nintendo Switch title sold over 500,000 units in the first 3 months of the console's lifespan.

What I've really taken away from this thread is that the console Market in Japan is in very bad shape. I already knew that, but I guess I needed a reminder.

It's really impressive to see the huge difference between Playstation and Xbox in Japan!

Around the Network

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I fully expect Microsoft to just avoid Japan entirely next gen. Even when they were getting all the exclusive software to cater to a Japanese audience (including Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey games I want to come on PC/PS3/PS4 desperately) They still couldn't move units.

Maybe it's a cultural thing. Maybe its a marketing thing. Maybe its a tradition thing. All I know is that if I was Microsoft I would be focus on creating content thats diverse and compelling.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

What a useless comparison.

VAMatt said:
What I've really taken away from this thread is that the console Market in Japan is in very bad shape.

I already knew that, but I guess I needed a reminder.

PS4 ~6.7m
Switch ~4.1m
XB1 ~94,000

3DS ~24m
PSVita ~5.8m

Thats not really that bad is it?
Japan is a smaller country than the USA... you have to factor that into it.
PS4 will probably hit like 10-12m there, and Switch could go well above that.

JRPGfan said:

VAMatt said:
What I've really taken away from this thread is that the console Market in Japan is in very bad shape.

I already knew that, but I guess I needed a reminder.

PS4 ~6.7m
Switch ~4.1m
XB1 ~94,000

3DS ~24m
PSVita ~5.8m

Thats not really that bad is it?
Japan is a smaller country than the USA... you have to factor that into it.
PS4 will probably hit like 10-12m there, and Switch could go well above that.

That put the attach ratio at 5, the lower end of my estimative of 5-7. I would expect it to be a little higher... but since VGC doesn't track all the SW sold over there, it probably is over 7 for retail.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm locking this up and I'm gonna take it to the rest of the mod team for discussion on a) if it's really needed and b) what action should be taken against some of the trash posted in here.

The fact that so many games have "achieved" this goal makes it not very impressive. The fact that the Xbox One itself in Japan has sold less than 100,000 units makes this goal not very impressive. The fact that you yourself admit that this thread is done out of malice towards some comment made by Aaron Greenberg almost 10 years ago makes the thread itself not very impressive.