By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom is Clowning Us!

Are you down to clown?

Fat chance! 15 68.18%

I'll probably cave... 1 4.55%

Take my money, Capcom! 6 27.27%

Total:22

Honestly Nintendo should update the firmware so the Switch doesn't recognise any cart below 8gb.

Will be interesting to see if their is a class action lawsuit form the US on this lol

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Honestly Nintendo should update the firmware so the Switch doesn't recognise any cart below 8gb.

Will be interesting to see if their is a class action lawsuit form the US on this lol

....what...?

Indie games ? 

Edit: Nevermind

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 04 May 2018

Chrizum said:
Honestly, I don't think it's about the file size. Companies want to transition into all-digital as fast as possible, because it's way more profitable for them and they have much more control over pricing, distribution ,etc.

This is what I believe, too. They want to get people accustomed to digital games.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Cobretti2 said:

....what...?

Indie games ? 

Isn't Nintendo the ones supplying the carts to publishers? they could just mass produce the 8GB ones to get costs down instead of make 1GB 2GB and 4GB for a few games that may benefit from it being that small. 

Around the Network

capcom gonna capcom

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Guess they're just trying to save a little money with the carts.

Cobretti2 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

....what...?

Indie games ? 

Isn't Nintendo the ones supplying the carts to publishers? they could just mass produce the 8GB ones to get costs down instead of make 1GB 2GB and 4GB for a few games that may benefit from it being that small. 

Well no, the small sizes should stay cause they do offer great opportunities for midtier and small time games.  What they should do is just forbid partial downloads for any game under 8GB.  

I've been a fan of Capcom.  Resident Evil especially. That's starting to fade away now due to the corporate mistreatment of their Nintendo fans.  Not prioritizing Monster Hunter XX to be brought to western audiences. Severely overpricing Street Fighter 2 Ultimate, claiming that if it didn't sell well then they wouldn't support Switch.  Now this?  I'm not surprised at all, but it is ridiculous.  

I'll still buy a Capcom game if it is high profile enough, but I guess, this generation, I am going to be supporting Bethesda, NIS, Nippon Ichi, Square, and independents a lot more.  

Why is it even 3.2 GB?... and why didnt they put this on a 4gb cartridge?