By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom is Clowning Us!

Are you down to clown?

Fat chance! 15 68.18%

I'll probably cave... 1 4.55%

Take my money, Capcom! 6 27.27%

Total:22

News of the Megaman Legacy Collection 2 file size is now out... and it's 3.2 GB

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-file-sizes-mega-man-legacy-collection-2-runner3-harvest-moon-more/

For those of you keeping score, the "physical" release of Collections 1 and 2 will be game 1 on the cart and game 2 will require a download. As game one is only around 350 MB, that means that Capcom is using a 1GB cart for the physical release of a less-than 4GB collection, when 4GB carts are widely available. 

There really just isn't any excuse for this practice and it needs to stop. A lot of folks have responded to the news by saying, "Welp, I guess I'm buying digital." I, for one, am simply done buying Capcom games altogether until they change their practices.

Buying digital does nothing, it's what Capcom is trying to coerce us into doing in the first place. 

Last edited by StuOhQ - on 03 May 2018

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Lol, this is ridiculous. Frankly it should be illegal, if you buy physical you should have access to the full game. What if you didnt have internet? This really shouldnt be legal. When you buy something it should work as purchased/

Well, a game to buy when it's cut its price in half on Black Friday! F *** Y **, Capcom!

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

That's even more ridiculous... I was going to cave, but I changed my mind. If I buy physical, I want the damn game physically.

Mega Man 11: First 4 bosses on the cartridge with a download code for the rest.

1doesnotsimply

Everyone coulda told you this. Both their collections coming to Switch could have fit on an 8GB  or even a 4GB card and been no skin off their back. Instead they are being extremely cheap and lazy and slapping them on the smallest cartridge they can get their hands on and making you download most of it and frankly, eff that.

Around the Network

Don’t forget to mention that Capcom is doing the same sorta thing with the X collection on Switch, but in Japan, you can buy both collections physically as standalone games.

Capcom is clearly capable of making physical carts for these games, they’re just lazy af.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

huh. I thought we already knew this. I remember seeing the file sizes a couple days ago...

Anywho I don't really care tbh. I'm pretty much done buying physical anyway and I honestly don't know what the big deal is about having to download extra with physical media. I mean it's just a couple GB...

Ultrashroomz said:

Don’t forget to mention that Capcom is doing the same sorta thing with the X collection on Switch, but in Japan, you can buy both collections physically as standalone games.

Capcom is clearly capable of making physical carts for these games, they’re just lazy af.

Yeah but being lazy is sort of Capcom's thing. Did you see Marvel vs Capcom Infinite?

Jeez, that is smaller than some freaking 3DS carts. Seriously those are available up to 8GB. Switch standart cart size is 16GB with 32GB being an option. WTF Capcom?

Well, good that I've never had any interest in Megaman so far, this collection is not about to change that.

Only Nintendo compressed anymore.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?