By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is the best console if you don't care about exclusive new games - The Verge

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Xen said:

But... the thing is... it doesn't play anything near to "everything".

I am expecting them to expand the BC library.  If they don't then I'll probably just get a XBox360.

I bet they will expand it indeed, but I wouldn't expect it to encompass the sleeper hits and the more niche games, exactly the things I like my X360 for (which I only got last year...).

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

UI and controller is very subjective and I wholeheartedly disagree. The X1 UI terribly cluttered and the X1 controller just feels cheap on the buttons and triggers and has way lesss functionality.

Tbh the only thing that XBox IS better at is really BC.

If I had to choose between great first party releases like God of war, horizon etc and BC..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Errorist76 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

UI and controller is very subjective and I wholeheartedly disagree. The X1 UI terribly cluttered and the X1 controller just feels cheap on the buttons and triggers and has way lesss functionality.

Your final sentence is fully subjective aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

For multiplats yes, you will get the best performance there is currently on console. I considered getting one with my 4K TV and the X1X does have other perks such as game pass and BC.

HOWEVER I love me some JRPGs, Sony first party IPs, Nintendo IPs, etc. With that in mind, I have no reason to get an X1X personally as it does not have a large portion of the games I care about and it is not worth it to get one when my PS4 and base X1 plays the same games regardless. Seems like a waste of money.

For those who do not care about exclusives at all and only want 3rd party multiplats and nothing else, I would recommend the X1X.  Literally anything else however and they should opt for PS4 or Switch instead.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Errorist76 said:

Your final sentence is fully subjective aswell

ORLY?!

Agree. For the one great exclusive they do release usually once a year, I borrow a Ps4 for a week and then Im back to XO. Looking forward to checking out GOW.

The Vita is better than the PS4 because it can play PS and PSP games (maybe even some PS2 ones?).

Sounds logic.

HW BC is better, buying a 360 is the best choice.
Tons of FPS issues with the Xbox one emulator, my experience anyway.

jardesonbarbosa said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

It's not severely lacking in software. Many of the marquee "AAA" games are available on both PS4 and XOne. Grand Theft Auto, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Call of Duty, Madden, Battlefront, Battlefield, Shadow of Mordor, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, etc. PS4 has more noteworthy exclusive games, sure, but let's not pretend the Xbox ecosystem is barren.

But those games are also on PS4. That's the question. PS4 has all of those games and more. And it will always have more, because for some reason some third party developers prefer PS4 and because Sony has more studios.

Nevertheless the Xbox One ain't severely lacking of software, no matter how many of these games are also playable on other platforms.

People who only buy an Xbox One or only buy an PS4 will have more than enough good games to play, even if they miss out on some great exclusives on other systems.