By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is the best console if you don't care about exclusive new games - The Verge

Cause ppl buy new consoles for the games of the last generation, makes perfect sense...

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

The User Interface is better? You can't be serious... The Xbox One's OS/UI is absolute cancer. It's not synergized, streamlined, or user friendly at all.

I'd have an easier time navigating the Xbox dashboard if it was designed like the Labyrinth board game rather than how Microsoft created it...

I was going to say that, too, but figured my history with not much caring for Xbox would paint me as a fanboy. 

But you are right, the Xbox One's UI is terrible. Easily the worst of the three. No idea who thought it was a good idea...wait, it looks a lot like the Windows 10 bullshit Microsoft tried to push until people made programs like Classic Shell specifically to minimize its effect and appearance. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Xen said:

The bolded makes your idea to exchange a PS4 for a  XBO hilarious, and the rest of the post is just cancerous.

It would be hilarious if XB1 only played games from one console.  Considering XB1 plays 3 consoles worth of games though, means it's a lot better than a PS4.  PS4 library vs. XB1 library?  Got to give it to PS4.  But (XBox1 + 360 + original) vs. PS4?  Now PS4 kind of sucks. 

It's kind of a shame because I would say generation for generation PS2 > XBox, PS3 > XBox360, and PS4 > XB1.  But the truth is also that PS2>PS3>PS4.  PS4 just kind of sucks.  It would be a lot better if it were backwards compatible.  But since PS4 lacks BC, then I'm better off getting a XB1 and playing games from an earlier generation that I haven't tried yet.  The XB1 even upgrades the games for me.  PS4 is just not that good in comparison.

Yes, it plays X360 and original Xbox games, all of them! Except... it doesn't. 

The PS4 library, even on its own, eclipses what the XBO can offer with the limited amount of bc titles: and the sales show that very clearly. Also, gotta love the logic of "SoTC gets praise on PS4, PS4 doesn't have anything else", at the same time as "I will get a XBO to play Xbox 360 games I have not played prior". That is rock solid logic indeed - especially when one can get a cheap X360 which plays a lot more Xbox BC titles than the XBO does, and has its own library to boot.

jardesonbarbosa said:

I love the trend of people trying to justify their Xbox One X purchases. Yes, there are no exclusive games. Yes, God of War, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 4, Mario Kart 8 and most of the critically aclaimed games released in the last couple of years? You can't play that on Xbox One, but you can play Red Dead Redemption in 4K!!!!1

I don't want to be a hater, but this makes absolutely no sense. What's the point of having the best HARDWARE if you severely lacking in the software?

It's not severely lacking in software. Many of the marquee "AAA" games are available on both PS4 and XOne. Grand Theft Auto, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Call of Duty, Madden, Battlefront, Battlefield, Shadow of Mordor, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, etc. PS4 has more noteworthy exclusive games, sure, but let's not pretend the Xbox ecosystem is barren.

And maybe people really want to play those high-profile games in 4K, and maybe they like having three generations of Xbox titles playable on one platform.

I just think we should be a little more accommodating to folks who genuinely prefer Xbox. Being in a minority doesn't make them wrong.

Dude is talking about xbox one S and trying realy hard to sell BC as a game changer.
You see, perhaps the oneX is a big reason to buy xbox, better graphics in multiplat, but what about the oneS?

Please, why would someone buy one S? Aside from frieds and brand preference, why would some buy the weaker console, whit fewer exclusives that are "perceived" as inferior to playstation exclusives (based on reviews) and that also holds no price advantage over competition?

Last edited by Manlytears - on 18 April 2018

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
Could the anti microsoft force on this site get even more toxic/desperate by downplaying this... the hate is amazing

Like I said in another thread a couple of days ago, Xbox is now lower valued than women on this site. Meaning that sexism has a higher chance to get someone moderated than Xbox trolling, and the chances to get moderated for sexism are... well... low.

I can say without fear that Xbox is the best box.

Its time for a proper xbox mod

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:

Like I said in another thread a couple of days ago, Xbox is now lower valued than women on this site. Meaning that sexism has a higher chance to get someone moderated than Xbox trolling, and the chances to get moderated for sexism are... well... low.

I can say without fear that Xbox is the best box.

Does Ryuu not count?

VGPolyglot said:
kirby007 said:

Does Ryuu not count?

Pls be serious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Tmfwang said:
«Xbox One is the best console if you don’t care about the very thing that defines consoles»

Yeah, I wonder how far this narrative can go? 

The PS5 Exists. 

II care about exclusives and still think XBO is the best console this gen. Imo XBO is the best console this gen if you don't care much about single player exclusives. Microsoft has some of the best multiplayer exclusives games this gen.