By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is the best console if you don't care about exclusive new games - The Verge

I agree. Haven't read the article but aside from when I'm playing a new PSVR Game (which reminds me, I just bought Rick and Morty!) and the latest high profile exclusive, if I'm home I'm playing on my Xbox One(s).

Now give us some first party games, Microsoft!

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

The User Interface is better? You can't be serious... The Xbox One's OS/UI is absolute cancer. It's not synergized, streamlined, or user friendly at all.

I'd have an easier time navigating the Xbox dashboard if it was designed like the Labyrinth board game rather than how Microsoft created it...

Totally agree.

I just don't have much interest in PS4 exclusives so thats why I don't own one. Xbox is better in every other category and with 99% of games on consoles being multiplat even I did like the exclusives on PS4 it would still be a 2nd console to Xbox One X.

Last edited by Vasto - on 18 April 2018

I love the trend of people trying to justify their Xbox One X purchases. Yes, there are no exclusive games. Yes, God of War, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted 4, Mario Kart 8 and most of the critically aclaimed games released in the last couple of years? You can't play that on Xbox One, but you can play Red Dead Redemption in 4K!!!!1

I don't want to be a hater, but this makes absolutely no sense. What's the point of having the best HARDWARE if you severely lacking in the software?

Xen said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I would agree if the PS4 actually had a good library.  It kind of sucks.  I mean I read multiple threads on this site praising Shadow of Colossus, for example, when it was released on PS4.  If the PS4's library is so good, then why are so many people praising Shadow of Colossus?  Don't they have better games than this one that came out two generations ago?  Guess not.

There are a lot of great PS2 and PS3 games that I don't want to buy again.  If Sony expects me to buy them again on PS4, then I'll just sell the PS4 and play the older versions of the game.

The bolded makes your idea to exchange a PS4 for a  XBO hilarious, and the rest of the post is just cancerous.

It would be hilarious if XB1 only played games from one console.  Considering XB1 plays 3 consoles worth of games though, means it's a lot better than a PS4.  PS4 library vs. XB1 library?  Got to give it to PS4.  But (XBox1 + 360 + original) vs. PS4?  Now PS4 kind of sucks. 

It's kind of a shame because I would say generation for generation PS2 > XBox, PS3 > XBox360, and PS4 > XB1.  But the truth is also that PS2>PS3>PS4.  PS4 just kind of sucks.  It would be a lot better if it were backwards compatible.  But since PS4 lacks BC, then I'm better off getting a XB1 and playing games from an earlier generation that I haven't tried yet.  The XB1 even upgrades the games for me.  PS4 is just not that good in comparison.

Around the Network

Could the anti microsoft force on this site get even more toxic/desperate by downplaying this... the hate is amazing

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TranceformerFX said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

The User Interface is better? You can't be serious... The Xbox One's OS/UI is absolute cancer. It's not synergized, streamlined, or user friendly at all.

I'd have an easier time navigating the Xbox dashboard if it was designed like the Labyrinth board game rather than how Microsoft created it...

If we're talking about the original OS, maybe: it was slow, clunky, unattractive. But the October update made the experience a lot snappier and smoother. I appreciate the pins system, the horizontal guide layout, and the "my games & apps" shortcut. I feel like everything is at my fingertips from the home page.

Blad3force said:
So its the dreamcast of the console world

Wasn't the Dreamcast already the Dreamcast of the console world?

You know that the Dreamcast is a console, don't you?

I agree. I own all three and the Xbox One is the go-to for all multi-platform, online games. Before, when I only owned a Switch and PS4 and had to use my PS4 for online gaming, it was like an act of attrition having to put up with scheduled maintenance and servers which were always going down. Xbox Live was like a breath of fresh air and worth the price of admission for me.

Conina said:
Blad3force said:
So its the dreamcast of the console world

Wasn't the Dreamcast already the Dreamcast of the console world?

You know that the Dreamcast is a console, don't you?

Not only that but Dreamcast was loaded with amazing first party games. That post made zero sense.