By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is the best console if you don't care about exclusive new games - The Verge

kirby007 said:
Xen said:

Consoles are defined by exclusives. Without those, PC is superior, every single time.

Wanna bet?

...and how is that bet to be resolved? By a single version of a multiplat better on console than on PC? Think before you post.

Conina said:
Xen said:

Consoles are defined by exclusives. Without those, PC is superior, every single time.

The main purpose of consoles is to play games and entertain on affordable hardware. Exclusives are just a bonus.

PC's are affordable hardware much the same: with the added bonus of games that are wildly cheaper.

Around the Network
Xen said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I am expecting them to expand the BC library.  If they don't then I'll probably just get a XBox360.

I bet they will expand it indeed, but I wouldn't expect it to encompass the sleeper hits and the more niche games, exactly the things I like my X360 for (which I only got last year...).

I remember when I looked at the BC list I liked several of the games on there.  The main ones I want added are Lost Odyssey and Civilization Revolution.  The only single player game my wife plays is Civ Revolution and she plays it a lot.  She insists that she needs to play it in the living room.

Actually I plan on changing a lot of consoles.  I'd like to get rid of my PS2, PS3, and PS4 and get a PS3 with BC and a XBox1 S and 4k TV.  Then I can watch movies in 4k in my living room and have the PS3 with BC for my mancave for regular Blue Ray movies and PS1/2/3 games.  Also the Switch is the console that gets the most play, by far, in our house, so these other consoles are kind of somewhat for games and somewhat for movies/streaming.

I knew at some point somebody was going to make a thread like this.

Xen said:
Conina said:

The main purpose of consoles is to play games and entertain on affordable hardware. Exclusives are just a bonus.

PC's are affordable hardware much the same: with the added bonus of games that are wildly cheaper.

Changing goalposts? You were talking about what defines gaming consoles.

And they were defined decades ago (and not in the present) when a decent gaming PC costed 5 to 10 times of a home console.

Nowadays the price difference between a decent gaming PC and a current gen console is much smaller. For people like me who buy very many games PC gaming is even cheaper due to the price difference of game versions (but this difference also got smaller due to many sales in the PS store and the Xbox marketplace).

But again I can think outside of the box of my personal preferences. Many people only buy a handful of games each year (or even less)... for them the total costs will stay cheaper on the console side.

Xen said:
kirby007 said:

Wanna bet?

...and how is that bet to be resolved? By a single version of a multiplat better on console than on PC? Think before you post.

Conina said:

For those of us that aint loners, splitscreen on a pc is a bit rare

Just stop doing that downplay its getting boring you did that years back aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Xen said:
KLAMarine said:

X1 has no games?

Consoles are also

more convenient
cheaper
can sell/trade games
hardware lasts longer than PC hardware especially when you take software/OS compatibility into account

PCs have advantages too, but there are several reasons why most people play consoles.

kirby007 said:
Xen said:

Splitscreen is getting more common on PC nowadays.

I will say what I want, when I want, though - much like you and your contrarian, boring, one-line jabs at the PS brand that you've been doing since...ever.

Xen said:
kirby007 said:

Splitscreen is getting more common on PC nowadays.

I will say what I want, when I want, though - much like you and your contrarian, boring, one-line jabs at the PS brand that you've been doing since...ever.

But not better stop looking for the silly things.

Great spinning if only that was true i havent said a word about PS in eons

Edit: actually i never talked shit about ps, just the raging fans

Last edited by kirby007 - on 18 April 2018

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Xen said:

Consoles are also

more convenient
cheaper
can sell/trade games
hardware lasts longer than PC hardware especially when you take software/OS compatibility into account

PCs have advantages too, but there are several reasons why most people play consoles.

The last two are valid points, but they are smaller than one bigger point - toward the end of this gen, when console games begin to run like garbage (such as the ones toward the end of the PS360 gen, hello 20FPS), a PC is a graphics card upgrade away from stable performance - and maybe not even that will be necessary. The consoles, well... I suppose the XBO X and PS4 Pro will be OK, but otherwise... yeah. I am not looking forward to that.

Ooh geez this thread!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron