By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which company is going to win holidays in the US? EDIT: Poll added

Which company is going to sell the most hardware?

Sony 49 45.37%

Nintendo 56 51.85%

Microsoft 3 2.78%

Total:108
zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:
As long as there is enough stock PS4 at $199 will easily crush everything. Just look at last November.

Obviously its gonna sell a ton but will it have the same impact the 2nd year in a row?

Last Nov was 1.58 million with 1 week at $199 & Dec was 1.08 million with one week at $249 for at total of 2.66 million.

Lets say this year has it at $199 for one week in each month, i think sales will be 1.2-1.3 million in each month so slightly down YOY.

If the make bundles with GOW/Spiderman/RDR/Black Ops IIII for 1tb Ps4 at $199, they can win.

Around the Network

I bet my two cents on PS4.

kazuyamishima said:
zorg1000 said:

Obviously its gonna sell a ton but will it have the same impact the 2nd year in a row?

Last Nov was 1.58 million with 1 week at $199 & Dec was 1.08 million with one week at $249 for at total of 2.66 million.

Lets say this year has it at $199 for one week in each month, i think sales will be 1.2-1.3 million in each month so slightly down YOY.

If the make bundles with GOW/Spiderman/RDR/Black Ops IIII for 1tb Ps4 at $199, they can win.

those games bundled at 249.99 would sell like a shit ton, sony shouldn't do a 199$ bundle, just a 199$ slim will do just fine.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

PS4 was sold out at 199$ pretty damn quick like 2 days, so depending how many sony wants to sell it can make a bigger impact. then you have games like blops 3, RDR2, spider man, and GOW, so yea, this year's holidays should destroy 2017 holiday easily.

I know it was, that doesnt automatically mean it will have a bigger affect this year.

Of course those games you listed will be huge but every year has huge games during the holidays so i dont really see much of a difference there.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

PS4 was sold out at 199$ pretty damn quick like 2 days, so depending how many sony wants to sell it can make a bigger impact. then you have games like blops 3, RDR2, spider man, and GOW, so yea, this year's holidays should destroy 2017 holiday easily.

I know it was, that doesnt automatically mean it will have a bigger affect this year.

Of course those games you listed will be huge but every year has huge games during the holidays so i dont really see much of a difference there.

usually every holiday has the same type of big games. spider man, and RDR2, are something totally different. all rockstar has to do is make a commercial saying from the developers that brought you GTAV, and its over.    

Around the Network

NINTENDOMINATION.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

usually every holiday has the same type of big games. spider man, and RDR2, are something totally different. all rockstar has to do is make a commercial saying from the developers that brought you GTAV, and its over.    

I think you and others are giving Spider Man too much credit, its gonna be a big hit no doubt but a big system seller unlike anything we've seen before? Unlikely.

I dont recall GTAV causing PS3/360 to have a massive holiday or giving PS4/XBO a higher than normal holiday so not sure why a "from the makers of GTAV" tagline would sell systems.

Again, these games are going to be huge hits but every year has huge hits. Open-world action, online shooters and sports sims are the big titles every year, its no different this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

I think you and others are giving Spider Man too much credit, its gonna be a big hit no doubt but a big system seller unlike anything we've seen before? Unlikely.

I dont recall GTAV causing PS3/360 to have a massive holiday or giving PS4/XBO a higher than normal holiday so not sure why a "from the makers of GTAV" tagline would sell systems.

Again, these games are going to be huge hits but every year has huge hits. Open-world action, online shooters and sports sims are the big titles every year, its no different this year.

ps3/360 successors were out that holiday, so obviously we weren't gonna see a massive boost. as for spider man i never said it was gonna be like nothing we have seen before, but it's not your typical big title that comes out every year.

Apple.

=P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

ps3/360 successors were out that holiday, so obviously we weren't gonna see a massive boost. as for spider man i never said it was gonna be like nothing we have seen before, but it's not your typical big title that comes out every year.

So what about PS4/XBO holiday 2014? I guess what im getting at is GTAV had sold over 20 million on PS4 alone so i dont think "from the makers of GTAV" will sell consoles, it will sell software since the GTA fanbase is already on PS4.

Ya, Spider Man has its unique aspects but it also shares alot of similarities with other open-world action/adventure games like Infamous, Batman Arkham, Assassins Creed, Just Cause, etc.

I just dont see how either of these games are different enough to pull in a large crowd of people who dont already own or arent already interested in PS4. They will sell an assload but i dont see that equating to large YOY holiday gains.