By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which company is going to win holidays in the US? EDIT: Poll added

Which company is going to sell the most hardware?

Sony 49 45.37%

Nintendo 56 51.85%

Microsoft 3 2.78%

Total:108

How can this even be a serious question? We don't even know what the Holiday lineup will be, let alone the consumer response to that lineup. Most of these questions are typically just "which console are you the biggest fan of" but this one is nothing but that.

So I guess I'll just say...Nintendo. Haha...I've got nothing to go on but it still feels good to root for your team, right?

Around the Network

Depends if we're talking revenue? I think Sony has the best chance. Hardware units? Nintendo has the best chance with Switch, 3DS/2DS, and NES/SNES/N64 classics out simultatneously. Between just Switch, PS4, and XB1, probably a toss up between PS4 and Switch. If Pokemon and Smash are both released between Sept-Dec, that's a huge juggernaut there.

CGI-Quality said:
super_etecoon said:
How can this even be a serious question? We don't even know what the Holiday lineup will be, let alone the consumer response to that lineup. Most of these questions are typically just "which console are you the biggest fan of" but this one is nothing but that.

So I guess I'll just say...Nintendo. Haha...I've got nothing to go on but it still feels good to root for your team, right?

Eh, there's nothing wrong with speculating. No different than 'how much will 'x' game sell'. It's fun to look forward (especially since we're on a site that tracks numbers).

We're on a site that tracks numbers of products.  These are products that have been released.  We are also a site that speculates on numbers...for products that have been announced.  Holiday 2018 will certainly take place, but what products will be released in that time we have zero idea about.  We don't even know if Smash is a port or a new game.  We don't know if Pokemon will release or if there is an Animal Crossing game coming down the pike.  The only real way to answer this hypothetical is based on brand loyalty and general company momentum, not the products that will release.  And those products are what truly matter since we can all agree that games sell consoles. Fine, it makes for a valid thread, but not one for serious speculation.  And that's the point of my response. My answer is barely valid...I can't support it with any logic or evidence and I wouldn't award anyone a prize or plate of crow for being right or wrong.  

Sony seems to have the edge at the moment but we need to wait for E3 to start making definitive predictions. We don't know the release date for Smash or much of anything beyond July for Switch. Or what their plans are with regards to bundles and other deals.

Yeesh. I still have my Halloween decorations up. There's still much to be determined. Announcements. Cancellations. Donald Trump. Too early to call.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Nintendo.

It will be close just like last year. However I expect all 3 consoles to be down compared to 2017, because 2017 was an exceptionally good year for hardware sales. I think PS4 will be the top selling console, but if you are going by company Switch + 3DS will outsell PS4 + Vita. Either way it will be close.

I'd say PS4 has the best chance, but it's still possible for Nintendo to have a few hit games announced later for the holidays, and the US is XBox's strongest market, so either of them have a chance to take it. I'm still betting on Sony though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

As long as there is enough stock PS4 at $199 will easily crush everything. Just look at last November.

COKTOE said:
Yeesh. I still have my Halloween decorations up. There's still much to be determined. Announcements. Cancellations. Donald Trump. Too early to call.

lol, This