By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remasters - what next?

What remaster would you like?

Spyro 9 24.32%

Mass Effect trilogy 9 24.32%

Splinter Cell 1 2.70%

Prince of Persia 3 8.11%

Quake 1 2.70%

Other 14 37.84%

Total:37
Ka-pi96 said:
SecondWar said:

That probably would be good but a few problems with it. Unclear who would do it as the original was published by Activision and EA has the Star Wars license. They did the Xbox original port on to the Xbox One but given they seem be pinning the license on Battlefronts microtransactions I doubt they want to put more effort in. A shame really.

Activision? It was published by Lucasarts, and considering BioWare (now owned by EA) were the dev there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do it.

Hmm, for some reason I was convinced Activision were involved in some way. Not sure where I got that from.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
I can't wait until all of the games pre-HD are "remastered" and they don't have anything else to repackage and sell as "remastered". What then? Just admit they're selling the same thing twice? Call them double-diped versions? Actually spend time creating original games again? Quit the gaming industry and find some other one to exploit?

It'll be interesting for sure.

they would then re-release the HD remasters.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I can't wait until all of the games pre-HD are "remastered" and they don't have anything else to repackage and sell as "remastered". What then? Just admit they're selling the same thing twice? Call them double-diped versions? Actually spend time creating original games again? Quit the gaming industry and find some other one to exploit?

They will wait until we realise our mistake and jump aboard 3D and re-release them with 3D updated. (Joke)

But seriously, once 4k is mainstream they will be remastered again into 4k.

Ka-pi96 said:
MasterThief said:

That's actually already happened. FFXHD for PS3/Vita was re-released on PS4/PC. There's probably others too

Devil May Cry HD Collection.

MasterThief said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Uncharted re-mastered-remastered edition... now in 8K! lol

Around the Network

I was looking forward to the remasters of the first three Tomb Raider games, but sadly they're dead in the water for now.

I definitely agree with Dino Crisis 1 and 2. Both superb games.

The first three Paper Mario games would be nice. They'd look great with an extra bit of polish.

How about instead of rehashing these older games they reboot the franchises. Look what a reboot did for tomb raider. Some of these dormant, once popular franchises could still succeed today. Imagine a new Crysis on current gen or prince of Persia, bioshock etc etc

VersusEvil said:
I'd love a Resistance trilogy remaster and Ratchet & Clank TOD remaster.

Let's make that an R&C Future saga remaster while we're at it.

I wish Namco remastered the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia (which is the superior version and still is Japan-only) to PS4/Switch. PLEASE Namco.

Keybladewielder said:

I wish Namco remastered the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia (which is the superior version and still is Japan-only) to PS4/Switch. PLEASE Namco.

Fan translation and means of usage available if you know where to look.