By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remasters - what next?

What remaster would you like?

Spyro 9 24.32%

Mass Effect trilogy 9 24.32%

Splinter Cell 1 2.70%

Prince of Persia 3 8.11%

Quake 1 2.70%

Other 14 37.84%

Total:37
Xen said:
Keybladewielder said:

I wish Namco remastered the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia (which is the superior version and still is Japan-only) to PS4/Switch. PLEASE Namco.

Fan translation and means of usage available if you know where to look.

I don't really want to go through the trouble of importing the game and hacking my PS3  :/

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
Xen said:

Fan translation and means of usage available if you know where to look.

I don't really want to go through the trouble of importing the game and hacking my PS3  :/

Suit yourself. I don't believe we will ever see a re-release for it though =P

danno_omen said:
How about instead of rehashing these older games they reboot the franchises. Look what a reboot did for tomb raider. Some of these dormant, once popular franchises could still succeed today. Imagine a new Crysis on current gen or prince of Persia, bioshock etc etc

Sometimes companies use remasters to start that path off. The best example is Darksiders - 1&2 get remasters to serve as 'reminders' ahead of the launch of 3. Also I pretty sure Activision said Crash sold well enough that they're looking at making a new game. The Red Faction remaster could be the same as that seems to be THQ Nordic's strategy.

Some seem to be more complicated. Bioshock is with a different developer, as the creator dropped out due to stress. Prince of Persia has evolved/been replaced by Assassin's Creed. I'm not sure if Ubisoft would really be able to keep the two series separate. I get the feeling Crytek are more a engine maker now, after hitting financial problems. 

Teeqoz said:
VersusEvil said:
I'd love a Resistance trilogy remaster and Ratchet & Clank TOD remaster.

Let's make that an R&C Future saga remaster while we're at it.

insomniac is working on the next installment of Ratchet and clank, probably going commando (Source: Deleted tweet when asked about the spiderman getting delayed to 2019, insomniac: not unless if the next ratchet gets in the way)

Around the Network

kotor 1 and 2

remasters are fine. for games older than 1 generation.

I think remastering a gen old games is bullcrap. also they should just be backwards compatible.

fory77 said:
kotor 1 and 2

I wholeheartedly disagree, these two NEED to be remade completely using the same engine as the battlefront games and retelling the story of Revan, the sith vs republic war and the sith lords of part two as 100% canon. 

Most of the remasters I want are Wii games tbh:

- Skyward Sword HD (I think this one is very likely - just please don't try to shoehorn VA in it Nintendo)

- Both Super Mario Galaxy games

- Super Paper Mario

- Wii Sports Resort (A straight-up sequel would be ideal for this one)

Since I've never played Spyro and I love 3D platformers, I'll take that rumored remake as well.

Last edited by Vini256 - on 02 April 2018

Vini256 said:

Most of the remasters I want are Wii games tbh:

- Skyward Sword HD (I think this one is very likely - just please don't try to shoehorn VA in it Nintendo)

- Both Super Mario Galaxy games

- Super Paper Mario

- Wii Sports Resort (A straight-up sequel would be ideal for this one)

Since I've never played Spyro and I love 3D platformers, I'll take that rumored remake as well.

There was Wii Sports Club.