By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remasters - what next?

What remaster would you like?

Spyro 9 24.32%

Mass Effect trilogy 9 24.32%

Splinter Cell 1 2.70%

Prince of Persia 3 8.11%

Quake 1 2.70%

Other 14 37.84%

Total:37

Resistance in 4k would be nice

Around the Network

Last-Gen Remasters are kind of boring, so I'll go back a bit more:
- Skies of Arcadia
- Sonic Adventure 1/2
- Ikaragua
- GTA 3 / Vice City

Athaba said:
Last-Gen Remasters are kind of boring, so I'll go back a bit more:
- Skies of Arcadia
- Sonic Adventure 1/2
- Ikaragua
- GTA 3 / Vice City

yeah I even feel bad for saying resistance but it might do well and convince sony to make more resistance games.

Katamari  Damacy

God Hand

Sonic adventure 1 and 2

onimusha  games

Dark cloud 1,2

Killer 7

psychonauts (this one will probably happen around the release of psychonauts 2)

Viewtiful Joe 

Demon's Souls (+Sixth Archstone)
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4 Golden
inFAMOUS
inFAMOUS 2

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Ka-pi96 said:
rn?

I want to see a remastered TimeSplitters trilogy. I really loved those games back on PS2 and it annoys me that they're not playable on any modern platform.

Spyro would be great too, but that looks like it's actually happening so no need to hope any more.

Yeah, I'd love a TimeSplitters remaster trilogy too myself.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Other stuff I'm surprised we haven't seen?

Knights of the Old Republic Collection

That probably would be good but a few problems with it. Unclear who would do it as the original was published by Activision and EA has the Star Wars license. They did the Xbox original port on to the Xbox One but given they seem be pinning the license on Battlefronts microtransactions I doubt they want to put more effort in. A shame really.

Would like to add:
- KOTOR 1+2
- Persona 3
- Smash Football
- Mario Kart Double Dash :D

Ka-pi96 said:
V-r0cK said:
- Dino Crisis 1&2 - need more/better dinosaur games out there

Definitely agree with this one! Loved those games. It would be nice if Capcom gave them the remake/remaster treatment like they have Resident Evil.

You'd think with the rise of Jurassic World franchise that Capcom would try to bank on this and release some sort of dinosaur game whether its a remaster or even a new entry to the series.  I'm still hoping.

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:
- Crisis Core FF7 - since we're getting FF7 remake why not the prequel

This may be too ambitious, but I think we may get some Crisis Core scenes in FF7 Remake, to explain more about Zack and Aerith at least.

I could see that as well but without the actual Crisis Core game just wouldn't do the story between Zack and Aerith justice. 

Athaba said:
Would like to add:
- KOTOR 1+2
- Persona 3
- Smash Football
- Mario Kart Double Dash :D

Just those first two. I think a Double Day remaster is wholly unnecessary when it can be added as a mode in current MK, and I have no idea what Smash Football is *Google* oh, Mario soccer. I'd rather a new one, not a remaster. Same thing with Mario 3-on-3 (basketball).

Though personally, I would rather a Mario Sports game. No, not Olympics. I want a Mario game with football/rugby, soccer/futbol, basketball, tennis, baseball, hockey, and golf. It'd be the ultimate Mario spin-off game.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I can't wait until all of the games pre-HD are "remastered" and they don't have anything else to repackage and sell as "remastered". What then? Just admit they're selling the same thing twice? Call them double-diped versions? Actually spend time creating original games again? Quit the gaming industry and find some other one to exploit?

It'll be interesting for sure.