By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves is Microsoft's fastest selling first party new IP of this generation.

The usual detractors are falling flat on their face again.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Bandorr said:
"best-selling Microsoft Studios first-party title on Windows 10."
The "on windows 10" part makes me quite curious of the spin.

SSO isn't on windows 10. Ryse, Cuphead and Ori are also on steam.

With no XBL on PC I can easily imagine it outselling Xbox. So does it simply mean the windows 10 version sold the best?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but I'll try and break it down...

- 2 Million Players = Includes GamePass

- Fastest Selling = Microsoft Studios 1P Titles, Not including GamePass, Apparently includes Microsoft Published Titles - We're talking Sunset Overdrive, ReCore, Ryse, Quantum Break, Ori and the Blind Forest etc.

- Best Selling on Windows 10 = Win Store only, basically it has sold more than Gears 4/Forza Horizon 3 (Last I heard, Forza Horizon 3 was roughly estimated to have around 100k-200k players on Windows Store a month after release.)

JRPGfan said:
COKTOE said:

Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive? That's all I can think of.

Those arnt made by Microsoft studio's though.

Hmm. Looks like those 2 are included. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

newwil7l said:
The usual detractors are falling flat on their face again.

Reminds me of No Man's Sky.

Lot's of hype building up. Sells a shit ton on release. Then everyone wanting a refund, lol.

Apparently the last record holder for MS was Quantum Break.

^ this is important.

VGCz estimates Quantum Break sold over 267k units at retail (over 300k with digital).
So we know that atleast 300k people "bought" Sea of theives for 60$ (full price).

Around the Network

I am just glad to see the game doing well.

Not surprise considering the complete lack of first party IP's from Microsoft. Theirs probably going to be a backlash after playing on the Xbox game pass its very boring and repetitive with unbelievable lack of content.

Congrats, the game has its launch issues but is quite amazing.

This is nice. Congrats, Rare!

Congrats to Rare. They really did make some killer water.