By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves is Microsoft's fastest selling first party new IP of this generation.

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:
Microsoft's
fastest selling
first party
new IP
of this generation

How many other First Party, new IP have they had so far?
When they say this, what other games from them has it beat in performance?

Hmm, I think someone could come up with a list, but then again the titles that I'm thinking of I assume aren't considered first-party like Ori and Sunset Overdrive.

Around the Network

Awesome game and awesome sales! Looking forward to new content. Hopefully they announce something soon.

Gamers win!!!

VGPolyglot said:
JRPGfan said:

Hmm, I think someone could come up with a list, but then again the titles that I'm thinking of I assume aren't considered first-party like Ori and Sunset Overdrive.

Yeah "Ori and the Blind Forest" / "Sunset Overdrive" wouldnt count right?

Im guessing "Cobalt" (which looks like a indie game) ?

I cant even think of another "new" IP from a 1st party microsoft studio.

shikamaru317 said:
VGPolyglot said:

No, they're considered 1st party, confirmed by Greenburg. Anything published by Microsoft Studios is considered 1st party.

I wonder why they even said it as first-party then rather than just saying MS-published.

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:
Microsoft's
fastest selling
first party
new IP
of this generation

Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive? That's all I can think of.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
JRPGfan said:

Those arnt made by Microsoft studio's though.

JRPGfan said:
COKTOE said:

Those arnt made by Microsoft studio's though.

Deerrr. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don’t think we should gloss over the 500k+ new XBL subscribers. March should be an impressive hardware sales number this month.

Welcome!

Ryuu96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I wonder why they even said it as first-party then rather than just saying MS-published.

Just pointing out that even if it didn't include Published titles that Ori would count still as it's owned by Microsoft and they consider anything they own to be first party.

Not sure why they didn't just say Microsoft published though, but since it's Greenberg I'm expecting there's a bunch of catches (Like obviously PUBG doesn't count even though they publish it on Xbox One)

Oh yeah, I guess PUBG would make things complicated. I guess they could have said MS-IPs then, which I guess first party is but with games like Sunset Overdrive it becomes more complicated as it is a MS-owned IP but developed by a third-party.

Ryuu96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Oh yeah, I guess PUBG would make things complicated. I guess they could have said MS-IPs then, which I guess first party is but with games like Sunset Overdrive it becomes more complicated as it is a MS-owned IP but developed by a third-party.

Sunset Overdrive isn't owned by Microsoft Damn I'm getting myself confused now.

Oh, it isn't? So MS just have the publishing rights for the first game then?