By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves is Microsoft's fastest selling first party new IP of this generation.

Good to hear but from the sound of things, Microsoft and Rareware got work to do. They need to get to it.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Nice spin with windows 10.

What spin would this be?

John2290 said:

"Sea of Thieves is already the best-selling Microsoft Studios first-party title on Windows 10."

Where do you see the spin? This clearly means it has already outsold Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, and Halo Wars 2 on PC, only in one week. And since MS also counts other MS published games as "first-party", it's also ahead of Recore, super lucky's tale, etc as well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

John2290 said:

If anything they spinned fast selling ip because it was so unclear unlike windows 10. C'mon now that one is a pretty clear statement...

Not fan of the game, but happy that Rare game is successful, because I would have feared for their future. Fastest selling means day to day comparison to other titles like Sunset Overdrive and quantum Break right? Those titles had pretty poor start so it isnt surprising and they are around slightly above 1m sold? So them not mentioning best selling first party title means it may not have passed 1m yet. Also I wonder how many people used that 14 day free trial of the gamepass, because thats all I have heard all week.

Hopefully State of Decay 2 is a lot better game and what I have seen, it probably is.

Around the Network

Great news for Microsoft and will hopefully fuel their investments into new IP!

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:

Why are there quotation marks in between bought?

Im not sure... but yeah over 300k+ have bought this at full price.

Still thats alot of money, rare & MS are probably pretty happy with it.
Assumeing like ~1.4m unique gamepass buys (300k are shareing the game, ect).

1.4m x 9.99$ + 300k+ x 60$ =  lots of money.

You're not sure? But aren't you the one that put the quotations in there?

Thats good news. I am treally enjoying the game and its good to see it selling well.

jason1637 said:
Thats good news. I am treally enjoying the game and its good to see it selling well.

Are you still playing with Ryuu and others like the beta?

VGPolyglot said:
jason1637 said:

Are you still playing with Ryuu and others like the beta?

Since it has launched ive played with Ryuu, Noble, Goat, Spade, and Ice.