By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Angry Joe's Sea of Thieves Angry Review

pokoko said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Please quote where I said you made any comparison, lol. The comparison was being made before you or I posted. I commented on that comparison. You replied to that comment. Hope that helps.

I've already said the game has too little content and too high a price. Not sure how any of this qualifies as apologizing for the game, but I'm not surprised to see another retort with zero substance. Also not surprised to see another post without any kind of source for your claims, confirming to me you're talking purely out of your butt.

Feel free to reply when you come up with an answer as to how a game like Sea of Thieves can have as much content as a game that is designed to randomly generate endless amounts of content because it's focused entirely around exploration, I'm just going to ignore anything else. Your reply to me focused entirely on the sizes of the studios making these games, not the genres the games are in or what the games are about, which is silly. So explain how you would give Sea of Thieves endless content. You'd have to include vast, endless randomly generated islands in a vast, endless ocean. How would that work with people playing on the same server? How would you get to these endless amounts of randomly generated islands in the endless ocean? A twelve hour sailing expedition perhaps? Sounds exhilarating. Oops, there I go being logical again. I mean, apologizing again. I'll be on pins and needles waiting to see how Sea of Thieves would work with endless randomly generated content. Personally I'd rather have well designed and balanced islands and forts as opposed to unlimited islands with random quality not worth sailing to but that's just me.

Stop with the "endless amount of content" excuse.  That's just ignorant and looks ridiculous on your part when the main complaint about NMS is that there is nothing to do.  Procedurally generated doesn't mean endless content, it means recycled assets.  Both games suffer from a lack of meaningful content and you know that.  You're just trying to bullshit your way out of your first comment that somehow a single player game should have more content than a multiplayer game (lol), which is just nonsense.

Your post, for context--"I would hope NMS had more content, it was a single player game, despite what Sean said it would be. Imagine if SoT had no multiplayer, lol."  And, no, you didn't quote anyone.

All you are doing is deflecting and it looks so silly and childish.  My comment was that Rare should have been able to provide a hell of a lot more content than they did and that a comparison with an indie studio does not cast them in a favorable light no matter how you spin it.  If it's going to be compared to something, then it should be compared to WoW or that Star Wars MMO, where it gets absolutely pulverized.

And please, please stop suggesting that Microsoft can't adequately fund a first party game.  That's nonsense.

Hmm, I have my suspicions that these same people weren't so lenient on NMS.  Also, if this is MS's vision of GAAS, then count me out.  I'll make sure to support Sony and Nintendo for as long as they stick to traditional gaming.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
pokoko said:

Stop with the "endless amount of content" excuse.  That's just ignorant and looks ridiculous on your part when the main complaint about NMS is that there is nothing to do.  Procedurally generated doesn't mean endless content, it means recycled assets.  Both games suffer from a lack of meaningful content and you know that.  You're just trying to bullshit your way out of your first comment that somehow a single player game should have more content than a multiplayer game (lol), which is just nonsense.

Your post, for context--"I would hope NMS had more content, it was a single player game, despite what Sean said it would be. Imagine if SoT had no multiplayer, lol."  And, no, you didn't quote anyone.

All you are doing is deflecting and it looks so silly and childish.  My comment was that Rare should have been able to provide a hell of a lot more content than they did and that a comparison with an indie studio does not cast them in a favorable light no matter how you spin it.  If it's going to be compared to something, then it should be compared to WoW or that Star Wars MMO, where it gets absolutely pulverized.

And please, please stop suggesting that Microsoft can't adequately fund a first party game.  That's nonsense.

Hmm, I have my suspicions that these same people weren't so lenient on NMS.  Also, if this is MS's vision of GAAS, then count me out.  I'll make sure to support Sony and Nintendo for as long as they stick to traditional gaming.

lol, a vast majority of the hate NMS got wasn’t even about the content that was there, it was about the content that we were told would be there but wasn’t. Feel free to hate on SoT for a lack of content all you want, it’s a valid complaint and the reason I didn’t spend $65 on it. But they didn’t deliberately mislead and lie to buyers about what would be in the game. There’s a big difference between buyers remorse because you don’t feel the product is good, and feeling as if you’ve been swindled by a developer into buying something that doesn’t exist. That’s why a lot of people are more lenient on Rare, it’s not hard to understand.

A shame really. As Joe said, the core of the game clearly has potential, but as it is now there's no way it's worth anywhere close to $60. Maybe in a year or so, if Rare does create more content, the game might be worth checking out again.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
thismeintiel said:

Ludicrouspeed trashed Sean Murray  at every thread and every opportunity he had in this forum, so you are correct

FTFY

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

lol, a vast majority of the hate NMS got wasn’t even about the content that was there, it was about the content that we were told would be there but wasn’t. Feel free to hate on SoT for a lack of content all you want, it’s a valid complaint and the reason I didn’t spend $65 on it. But they didn’t deliberately mislead and lie to buyers about what would be in the game. There’s a big difference between buyers remorse because you don’t feel the product is good, and feeling as if you’ve been swindled by a developer into buying something that doesn’t exist. That’s why a lot of people are more lenient on Rare, it’s not hard to understand.L

Let's see.  They promised there would be "tons" of customization at launch, including ships.  That they were redefining a genre with their most ambitious game ever.  The ambition seems to be referring to the water, as it does look good, even if it doen't really react to anything.  That there would be endless fantastic adventures filled with fantastical creatures that challenge you.  I don't think a bunch of mindless skeletons and sharks, within repetitive quests, fit that bill. 

If that's not overpromising, I don't know what is.  There's a reason the No Man's Sea is a thing.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

lol, a vast majority of the hate NMS got wasn’t even about the content that was there, it was about the content that we were told would be there but wasn’t. Feel free to hate on SoT for a lack of content all you want, it’s a valid complaint and the reason I didn’t spend $65 on it. But they didn’t deliberately mislead and lie to buyers about what would be in the game. There’s a big difference between buyers remorse because you don’t feel the product is good, and feeling as if you’ve been swindled by a developer into buying something that doesn’t exist. That’s why a lot of people are more lenient on Rare, it’s not hard to understand.L

Let's see.  They promised there would be "tons" of customization at launch, including ships.  That they were redefining a genre with their most ambitious game ever.  The ambition seems to be referring to the water, as it does look good, even if it doen't really react to anything.  That there would be endless fantastic adventures filled with fantastical creatures that challenge you.  I don't think a bunch of mindless skeletons and sharks, within repetitive quests, fit that bill. 

If that's not overpromising, I don't know what is.  There's a reason the No Man's Sea is a thing.

NMS was a lied game thanks to Hello Games and Sony letting it happen.

No one expected the game to be the way it is, there biggist mistake is they lied about MP which you could not see other players. 

Guess what, SOTs is exactly what you expected at launch, it just lacks content. Its a pirate playground and content can be fixed.

You cannot change NMS to what many were saying was the Star Citizen for consoles turned out to be nothing more than a farming sim.

Azzanation said:
thismeintiel said:

No one expected the game to be the way it is, there biggist mistake is they lied about MP which you could not see other players. 

Guess what, SOTs is exactly what you expected at launch, it just lacks content. Its a pirate playground and content can be fixed.

You cannot change NMS to what many were saying was the Star Citizen for consoles turned out to be nothing more than a farming sim.

Why do you include Sony in this?

Sony pushed the product, sure. Because it was an exclusive at the time. But they are in no way responsible for how the game was at launch.

Seems like you hold a silly grudge against Sony for who knows why.

Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

Sony pushed the product, sure. Because it was an exclusive at the time. But they are in no way responsible for how the game was at launch.

They published the game and allowed Shawn Murrey to keep on promising things that aren't in the game.

It doesnt matter if its Sony, Nintendo or Xbox. If you are publishing and supporting a game and using that game to promote your own product than there needs to be responsibility and Sony did nothing apart from hide the MP logo on the cover of the box. 

That's sneaky.

Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

They published the game and allowed Shawn Murrey to keep on promising things that aren't in the game.

It doesnt matter if its Sony, Nintendo or Xbox. If you are publishing and supporting a game and using that game to promote your own product than there needs to be responsibility and Sony did nothing apart from hide the MP logo on the cover of the box. 

That's sneaky.

Hello Games self published No Man's Sky. Sony helped them fund the marketing and to get the physical copies out, but the game is credited as being published by Hello Games. Never has the game been the property of Sony. Unlike other games published by them.

You always find a way to reach and put the fault on Sony. And yeah, it matters if it's Sony, Nintendo, or XBox, when it comes to you. Because you don't talk shit like that about the other two.

Last edited by Hynad - on 29 March 2018

Azzanation said:
thismeintiel said:

Apparently SoT isn't exactly what people expected, hence the poor online/user reviews.  And that actually does fall on Rare and MS, for overhyping a bare bones game, whereas NMS is on HG, not Sony.