By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Angry Joe's Sea of Thieves Angry Review

I didn’t even know he was still around. Did he leave and come back?

Around the Network
pokoko said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
No one said HG has more employees than Rare. I’m simply asking for your proof about the size of the teams working on the games and their budgets, since you’re speaking on both factually. Another post without evidence and I’ll assume you’re talking out of your butt.

I also played TOR and it did have a ton of content. Different games launch with different amounts of content. But instead of shifting goal posts, please explain how a MP game like Sea of Thieves should have as much content as a game literally made to have endless content thanks to randomly generated worlds. In NMS endless exploration is the hook of the game. No, SoT should not have that much content, nor that kind of content. Again, dumb comparison.

I didn't make the dumb comparison, I quoted your dumb comparison as you fumbled around for some way to excuse SoT.

You're trying so hard to apologize for this game that you're being absolutely silly.  Just listen to yourself.  You don't think a large studio like Rare applied more resources to their "most ambitious game ever" than an indie studio with under 20 employees?  Answer the question.  I mean, do you know how laughable that sounds?  

I mean, this is a company that is giving away a $100,000 bunch of golden bananas in a contest.

Spin and deflect away, it won't do you any good.  

Please quote where I said you made any comparison, lol. The comparison was being made before you or I posted. I commented on that comparison. You replied to that comment. Hope that helps.

I've already said the game has too little content and too high a price. Not sure how any of this qualifies as apologizing for the game, but I'm not surprised to see another retort with zero substance. Also not surprised to see another post without any kind of source for your claims, confirming to me you're talking purely out of your butt.

Feel free to reply when you come up with an answer as to how a game like Sea of Thieves can have as much content as a game that is designed to randomly generate endless amounts of content because it's focused entirely around exploration, I'm just going to ignore anything else. Your reply to me focused entirely on the sizes of the studios making these games, not the genres the games are in or what the games are about, which is silly. So explain how you would give Sea of Thieves endless content. You'd have to include vast, endless randomly generated islands in a vast, endless ocean. How would that work with people playing on the same server? How would you get to these endless amounts of randomly generated islands in the endless ocean? A twelve hour sailing expedition perhaps? Sounds exhilarating. Oops, there I go being logical again. I mean, apologizing again. I'll be on pins and needles waiting to see how Sea of Thieves would work with endless randomly generated content. Personally I'd rather have well designed and balanced islands and forts as opposed to unlimited islands with random quality not worth sailing to but that's just me.

Bristow9091 said:
Angelv577 said:
Wow a 4/10 and that is considering he was very excited about the game. He also said no man sky has more content.

They should do a rerelease of No Man's Sky with the tag line "Has more content than Sea of Thieves", lol :P

This literally made me lol.  Thanks  :)

Mandalore76 said:
Bristow9091 said:

They should do a rerelease of No Man's Sky with the tag line "Has more content than Sea of Thieves", lol :P

This literally made me lol.  Thanks  :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235442

No Mans Sky coming to Xbone.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Why do we care what some random guy on Youtube thinks? Have we asked this question yet of ourselves? What makes his opinion better than our own? Ever wonder why we, as a society seem to need people to lead us? Why we can't seem to form our own opinions?

Not everyone can afford to spend $60 on forming own opinions.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
thismeintiel said:

He meant at launch, not now. 

@ OP 

Great review, as usual. It seems to me they just came up with some placeholder objectives for testing, then spent most of their time on the water tech. Then, the final deadline came faster than they thought, but said, "Fuck it, they'll buy it anyway. It's MS's biggest exclusive in awhile and we'll hype the shit out of it."

This is coming from someone who hasnt played the game at all haha. 

How can i take your post seriously with little to no experience of the game?

"I actually enjoyed God of War 1 to 3 aside from Ascension, this new GoW looks like TLOU with an Axe, where TLOU was Uncharted with Zombies and Detroit is Uncharted with Robots, Days Gone is TLOU with a lot more Zombies and Death Stranding is a Sci Fi TLOU." - Azzanation

I was wrong. It took me less than 5 mins. You need to stop having opinions about games you never played.

Kristof81 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Why do we care what some random guy on Youtube thinks? Have we asked this question yet of ourselves? What makes his opinion better than our own? Ever wonder why we, as a society seem to need people to lead us? Why we can't seem to form our own opinions?

Not everyone can afford to spend $60 on forming own opinions.

Good news is if you have a PC or Xbox/live gold it'll only cost you 10$. And if you haven't used your 14-day free pass it'll cost you nothing.

Every video I've seen for this game including this one has the same tone of hollow boringness. MS needs to go back to the drawing board and stop interfering with developers concepts. They did it to Perfect Dark so Rare should have laid down the law.
First Rare then Bungie. Wtf? 2 of your major in house companies. What a fcckin joke.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

1. You can not form a valid opinion from reading reviews
2. You can not form a valid opinion from watching videos
3. You can not form a valid opinion from only a few hours of playing
4. You're opinion is still not valid if you don't like it after playing for 10 hours, because why would you play something for 10 hours that you don't like.

LudicrousSpeed said:
pokoko said:

I didn't make the dumb comparison, I quoted your dumb comparison as you fumbled around for some way to excuse SoT.

You're trying so hard to apologize for this game that you're being absolutely silly.  Just listen to yourself.  You don't think a large studio like Rare applied more resources to their "most ambitious game ever" than an indie studio with under 20 employees?  Answer the question.  I mean, do you know how laughable that sounds?  

I mean, this is a company that is giving away a $100,000 bunch of golden bananas in a contest.

Spin and deflect away, it won't do you any good.  

Please quote where I said you made any comparison, lol. The comparison was being made before you or I posted. I commented on that comparison. You replied to that comment. Hope that helps.

I've already said the game has too little content and too high a price. Not sure how any of this qualifies as apologizing for the game, but I'm not surprised to see another retort with zero substance. Also not surprised to see another post without any kind of source for your claims, confirming to me you're talking purely out of your butt.

Feel free to reply when you come up with an answer as to how a game like Sea of Thieves can have as much content as a game that is designed to randomly generate endless amounts of content because it's focused entirely around exploration, I'm just going to ignore anything else. Your reply to me focused entirely on the sizes of the studios making these games, not the genres the games are in or what the games are about, which is silly. So explain how you would give Sea of Thieves endless content. You'd have to include vast, endless randomly generated islands in a vast, endless ocean. How would that work with people playing on the same server? How would you get to these endless amounts of randomly generated islands in the endless ocean? A twelve hour sailing expedition perhaps? Sounds exhilarating. Oops, there I go being logical again. I mean, apologizing again. I'll be on pins and needles waiting to see how Sea of Thieves would work with endless randomly generated content. Personally I'd rather have well designed and balanced islands and forts as opposed to unlimited islands with random quality not worth sailing to but that's just me.

Stop with the "endless amount of content" excuse.  That's just ignorant and looks ridiculous on your part when the main complaint about NMS is that there is nothing to do.  Procedurally generated doesn't mean endless content, it means recycled assets.  Both games suffer from a lack of meaningful content and you know that.  You're just trying to bullshit your way out of your first comment that somehow a single player game should have more content than a multiplayer game (lol), which is just nonsense.

Your post, for context--"I would hope NMS had more content, it was a single player game, despite what Sean said it would be. Imagine if SoT had no multiplayer, lol."  And, no, you didn't quote anyone.

All you are doing is deflecting and it looks so silly and childish.  My comment was that Rare should have been able to provide a hell of a lot more content than they did and that a comparison with an indie studio does not cast them in a favorable light no matter how you spin it.  If it's going to be compared to something, then it should be compared to WoW or that Star Wars MMO, where it gets absolutely pulverized.

And please, please stop suggesting that Microsoft can't adequately fund a first party game.  That's nonsense.