Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Angry Joe's Sea of Thieves Angry Review

Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

NMS was a lied game thanks to Hello Games and Sony letting it happen.

No one expected the game to be the way it is, there biggist mistake is they lied about MP which you could not see other players. 

Guess what, SOTs is exactly what you expected at launch, it just lacks content. Its a pirate playground and content can be fixed.

You cannot change NMS to what many were saying was the Star Citizen for consoles turned out to be nothing more than a farming sim.

Why do you include Sony in this?

Sony pushed the product, sure. Because it was an exclusive at the time. But they are in no way responsible for how the game was at launch.

Seems like you hold a silly grudge against Sony for who knows why.

They published the game and allowed Shawn Murrey to keep on promising things that aren't in the game.

It doesnt matter if its Sony, Nintendo or Xbox. If you are publishing and supporting a game and using that game to promote your own product than there needs to be responsibility and Sony did nothing apart from hide the MP logo on the cover of the box. 

That's sneaky.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Hynad said:

Why do you include Sony in this?

Sony pushed the product, sure. Because it was an exclusive at the time. But they are in no way responsible for how the game was at launch.

Seems like you hold a silly grudge against Sony for who knows why.

They published the game and allowed Shawn Murrey to keep on promising things that aren't in the game.

It doesnt matter if its Sony, Nintendo or Xbox. If you are publishing and supporting a game and using that game to promote your own product than there needs to be responsibility and Sony did nothing apart from hide the MP logo on the cover of the box. 

That's sneaky.

Hello Games self published No Man's Sky. Sony helped them fund the marketing and to get the physical copies out, but the game is credited as being published by Hello Games. Never has the game been the property of Sony. Unlike other games published by them.

You always find a way to reach and put the fault on Sony. And yeah, it matters if it's Sony, Nintendo, or XBox, when it comes to you. Because you don't talk shit like that about the other two.

Last edited by Hynad - on 29 March 2018

Azzanation said:
thismeintiel said:

Let's see.  They promised there would be "tons" of customization at launch, including ships.  That they were redefining a genre with their most ambitious game ever.  The ambition seems to be referring to the water, as it does look good, even if it doen't really react to anything.  That there would be endless fantastic adventures filled with fantastical creatures that challenge you.  I don't think a bunch of mindless skeletons and sharks, within repetitive quests, fit that bill. 

If that's not overpromising, I don't know what is.  There's a reason the No Man's Sea is a thing.

No one expected the game to be the way it is, there biggist mistake is they lied about MP which you could not see other players. 

Guess what, SOTs is exactly what you expected at launch, it just lacks content. Its a pirate playground and content can be fixed.

You cannot change NMS to what many were saying was the Star Citizen for consoles turned out to be nothing more than a farming sim.

Apparently SoT isn't exactly what people expected, hence the poor online/user reviews.  And that actually does fall on Rare and MS, for overhyping a bare bones game, whereas NMS is on HG, not Sony.

thismeintiel said:
Azzanation said:

Apparently SoT isn't exactly what people expected, hence the poor online/user reviews.  And that actually does fall on Rare and MS, for overhyping a bare bones game, whereas NMS is on HG, not Sony.

What people?

Anecdotal as it may be, all the people I know and talk to that played the game are enjoying it greatly. Despite it's current lack of content. 

Basing anything off online user reviews is and has always been a big no.

Hynad said:
thismeintiel said:

What people?

Anecdotal as it may be, all the people I know and talk to that played the game are enjoying it greatly. Despite it's current lack of content. 

Verified buyers on Amazon.  Sorry, but online/user reviews are not a big no.  Just like AJ's review isn't a big no.  Much better judge than just a handful of people you know.  Now, if you value their opinion more, that's fine.  But, I don't know them, so I couldn't give a shit about their opinion.  Much better for me to go by reviewers I trust, as well as a consensus of 80+ people who bought the game with the hope it would be good, which they have so far given the game a 2.8 out of 5 stars, or a 56 out of 100. Seems in line with a lot of the reviews/vids I have watched.

Regardless, the point is, just because your friends like it, doesn't mean the gaming community at large does.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Hynad said:

What people?

Verified buyers on Amazon.  Sorry, but online/user reviews are not a big no.  Just like AJ's review isn't a big no.  Much better judge than just a handful of people you know.  Now, if you value their opinion more, that's fine.  But, I don't know them, so I couldn't give a shit about their opinion.  Much better for me to go by reviewers I trust, as well as a consensus of 80+ people who bought the game with the hope it would be good, which they have so far given the game a 2.8 out of 5 stars, or a 56 out of 100. Seems in line with a lot of the reviews/vids I have watched.

Regardless, the point is, just because your friends like it, doesn't mean the gaming community at large does.

What is the gaming community, though? A specific self-identified group? Or just people that play video games? It's impossible to tell because most people don't state their opinions online.

thismeintiel said:
Hynad said:

What people?

It may not mean that. But please, if you can, tell us how you can know what the gaming community at large thinks about the game.

We know for sure that the ones with complaints are the most vocal. So I wouldn't put my money on any of the online samples you trust.

Hynad said:
thismeintiel said:

It may not mean that. But please, if you can, tell us how you can know what the gaming community at large thinks about the game.

We know for sure that the ones with complaints are the most vocal. So I wouldn't put my money on any of the online samples you trust.

And where did I state that I know what the gaming community at large thinks about the game?  What I said was "just because your friends like it, doesn't mean the gaming community at large does."  Which is true.  All I have to go on is trusted reviewers, which are underwhelmed by the game, as well as those who have taken the time to leave reviews for the game, both positive and negative, which the consensus so far, which fits in with reviews elsewhere, is that the game is underwhelming. 

Like I said, Rare and MS hyped this game to no end.  Redefining a genre.   Their most ambitious game ever.  Rich worlds filled with fantastical quests and creatures.  Tons of customization.  Obviously, they did not match that hype.

thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

lol, a vast majority of the hate NMS got wasn’t even about the content that was there, it was about the content that we were told would be there but wasn’t. Feel free to hate on SoT for a lack of content all you want, it’s a valid complaint and the reason I didn’t spend $65 on it. But they didn’t deliberately mislead and lie to buyers about what would be in the game. There’s a big difference between buyers remorse because you don’t feel the product is good, and feeling as if you’ve been swindled by a developer into buying something that doesn’t exist. That’s why a lot of people are more lenient on Rare, it’s not hard to understand.L

Let's see.  They promised there would be "tons" of customization at launch, including ships.  That they were redefining a genre with their most ambitious game ever.  The ambition seems to be referring to the water, as it does look good, even if it doen't really react to anything.  That there would be endless fantastic adventures filled with fantastical creatures that challenge you.  I don't think a bunch of mindless skeletons and sharks, within repetitive quests, fit that bill. 

If that's not overpromising, I don't know what is.  There's a reason the No Man's Sea is a thing.

The game has loads of customization including ships. Idk why you would even list that, just goes to show what little you know about the game.

The rest sounds like something me stupid PR on the back of the box. I’m talking actual features and elements detailed on live TV and missing from the game, still, over a year later. Hell didn’t he go on The Tonight Show or something and confirm MP was in the game LOL. Maybe it was Colbert. Bravo though, that was some adorable reaching you just attempted. None of it changes the fact that NMS saw venomous criticism at launch not because it was light in content but because key content and features promised, simply weren’t there. SoT just lacks content, that’s why you don’t see mobs with pitchforks :)

I could never stand angry joe personally. But I have to say sea of thieves isnt that bad. I have it on PC and it needs work but I think its good so far.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick