By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm boycotting Bandai Namco

People throw around "boycott" a lot, I just buy games I want and skip those I don't. I understand most people cannot own all three systems, so you make a choice and miss out on games. I didn't boycott Microsoft, but this generation went Sony and Nintendo so I'm missing out on Gears. I wish it was on other systems as wish every game I wanted was on systems I own. They're not, such is life.

Around the Network
theDX said:
outlawauron said:

Why does every publishers HAVE TO HAVE their game on Switch?

I never said this.

But you believe that Namco Bandai must have every game on Switch? I'm confused because your messaging doesn't line up. Also, the notion that some of their games would just be minor adjustments (SC6 most notably).

Should be glad that they bothered to announce a Tales at all. They got burnt badly last generation with their Tales platform choices.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yeah, let's not buy Bandai Namco games on Switch so that Bandai Namco is forced to release their games on Switch.

I say buy the games you want to buy, it's just a gaming system, if you want to be an activist, try a worthy cause.

maxleresistant said:
Yeah, let's not buy Bandai Namco games on Switch so that Bandai Namco is forced to release their games on Switch.

I say buy the games you want to buy, it's just a gaming system, if you want to be an activist, try a worthy cause.

Even as an activist, while boycotts may have some form of success typically strikes have a higher potential to do damage. Of course it also comes with higher risks as those striking could lose their jobs.

Yeah im am surprised with their support to the Switch...... Maybe they just need more time? Or those games cant run AT ALL on the Switch?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
theDX said:
outlawauron said:

But you believe that Namco Bandai must have every game on Switch? I'm confused because your messaging doesn't line up. Also, the notion that some of their games would just be minor adjustments (SC6 most notably).

Should be glad that they bothered to announce a Tales at all. They got burnt badly last generation with their Tales platform choices.

There is a difference between "Every publisher has to have their games on Switch" and "Bandai Namco has to have their games on Switch". I'm sorry you are confused by my four word thread title which explicitly names the third party I'm singling out.

SC6 runs on UE4, it is a minor adjustment to get it on Switch compared to a Frostbite game or even UE3.

The only main SC game on a Nintendo console was II, Soul Edge, SoulCalibur, SoulCalibur III, SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V were all not on it. Of course, that doesn't exclude the Switch from getting it, just that I don't know why your boycott would have started now instead of a while ago.

theDX said:
outlawauron said:

There is a difference between "Every publisher has to have their games on Switch" and "Bandai Namco has to have their games on Switch". I'm sorry you are confused by my four word thread title which explicitly names the third party I'm singling out.

SC6 runs on UE4, it is a minor adjustment to get it on Switch compared to a Frostbite game or even UE3.

But Namco Bandai is no different than any other publisher, especially considering that there's only one major Namco IP that does very well on Nintendo platforms (DBZ). I don't understand why your expectations are so drastically different for them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

theDX said:
outlawauron said:

But Namco Bandai is no different than any other publisher, especially considering that there's only one major Namco IP that does very well on Nintendo platforms (DBZ). I don't understand why your expectations are so drastically different for them.

Yes I can see why you don't understand when you think BN is no different from Activision etc.

Is that supposed to be a dig at BN, or at Activision?

theDX said:
outlawauron said:

Are you a developer? A programmer? A publisher? If not, then refrain from making statements like the above. You don't know their considerations.

You don't hear me asking for SE to bring Octopath Traveler to PS4 or Atlus to do the same for SMT V, even though their games sell a ton on the platform. Buy what you like, including the systems that have the games that you like.

theDX said:
Bandorr said:
So they aren't bringing the games to the system you want.
So you will 'boycott' them buy not buying what few games they put on the system.

Which in turn will give the signal "hey these people aren't buying the games on the switch". Which in turn will lead to them releasing LESS games on the system. Which will cause you to boycott more, and in turn get less and less games.

So you're basically cutting off your nose to spite your face. That is like protesting your parents won't give you a second cookie for dessert so you decide to boycott all desserts. Which results in you not even getting that first cookie. You gain nothing, and lose what little you have.

This isn't a boycott, this is a temper tantrum. Now go clean your room.

"will cause you to boycott more", that's not going to happen. By the time Bandai Namco actually gets around to release new games on Switch my boycott will be over. Or did you miss the bit where it says "for the rest of 2018?" Like in the very first sentence?

So you're basically saying you're going to boycott them .... until ... there's something to boycott? That makes, no, sense. You're just not buying games because they don't exist on your platform. So you're boycotting thin air.