By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm boycotting Bandai Namco

Jranation said:
Yeah im am surprised with their support to the Switch...... Maybe they just need more time? Or those games cant run AT ALL on the Switch?

I highly doubt that games like Tales, Code vein and Dragon Ball Fighter can't run on the Switch :P Namco games are rarely graphical powerhouses.

Around the Network

Don't think buying Xenoverse 2 or that fucking Naruto Collection is going to get us new games. They think we're suckers for buying those late ports. This is just like how Capcom behaved during the Wii days. We passed their tests (Umbrella Chronicles, RE4 etc.), but as a reward we got more shitty games or late ports. This is not a cycle you can break out of.

Nintendo is doing the exact same thing with Wii U ports, lmao. Can't blame Namco and others for only making cheap (production costs of course, not selling price) ports if the Switch community continues to buy them. 

Cobretti2 said:
You need to calm down.

Nintendo has shown fuck all as well. It is almost April and what do we really know from them? Its all wishy washy info atm. Ports and token Smash and MP4 trailers.

I hope Nintendo are heavy loading up their E3 to make an impact. Hopefully they will include 3rd party announcements.

Nintendo's still following the same plan:

February: Bayonetta 1/2 re-release (Payday 2)

March: Kirby Star Allies (Atelier Lydie & Suelle, Shantae and Pirates Curse re-release))

April: Labo (South Park)

May: DK Tropical Freeze re-release, Hyrule Warriors re-re-release (Dark Souls re-release, Street fighter re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-rerelease)

June: Mario Tennis Aces (Ys VII)

July: Captain Toad re-release (Octopath Traveller, Crash Bandicoot)

A first party game a month with some more notable third party games coming along for the ride.  The only difference - and it's a big difference - is that there's no BOTW and the ports aren't nearly as big as Mario Kart.  But with Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Smash and (tentatively) Pokemon all set for 2018 releases, they are potentially lining themselves up to crush E3.  We're all hoping they can follow through

You should change the title of your topic to "I won't buy Dark Souls: Remastered for Switch".

I'm boycotting all modern gaming myself lol. Fight the power brother!

Around the Network

What a striking coincidence!
Just the other day I declared that I, yes ME, was poicotting Pandai Mamco.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

there are worse out there. like selling ported games for $60.. you know who i am speaking of.

You're scapegoating Namco. Namco may not be doing everything they can to support the Switch, but they're doing a hell lot more than other devs. Hell, Namco at least promised games for the system. Activision, Rockstar, EA, and several other devs are pale in comparison to Namco's support. You're too blindly attached to their games to realize that their support isn't all that bad. You're salty.

And also not supporting them because they aren't bringing games to your platform of choice is just a really lame move on your part. Do you need the games on the Switch to enjoy them? Or do you think not buying their games on other platforms will send some visionary message that they need to port them to the Switch to sell.

HintHRO said:

Don't think buying Xenoverse 2 or that fucking Naruto Collection is going to get us new games. They think we're suckers for buying those late ports. This is just like how Capcom behaved during the Wii days. We passed their tests (Umbrella Chronicles, RE4 etc.), but as a reward we got more shitty games or late ports. This is not a cycle you can break out of.

Nintendo is doing the exact same thing with Wii U ports, lmao. Can't blame Namco and others for only making cheap (production costs of course, not selling price) ports if the Switch community continues to buy them. 

If you ignore all the high quality new games Nintendo released... sure... 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
HintHRO said:

If you ignore all the high quality new games Nintendo released... sure... 

Yeah like just this year they made ..... uhhhh ..... hmmmm ..... uhhh ..... 

hm.