By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm boycotting Bandai Namco

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Alkibiádēs said:

If you ignore all the high quality new games Nintendo released... sure... 

Yeah like just this year they made ..... uhhhh ..... hmmmm ..... uhhh ..... 

hm.

The year has only just started.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:

Yeah like just this year they made ..... uhhhh ..... hmmmm ..... uhhh ..... 

hm.

The year is a fourth over. 

Alkibiádēs said:

The least important part of the year for the gaming industry.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

And that's your excuse? 

Monster Hunter World 

Dragon Ball Z 

Ni No Kuni 2

Far Cry 5

And LAST YEAR we saw a huge amount of content too, like Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Nier Automata, Hollow Knight, and Battlegrounds. And just a few days after April 1st? We got Persona 5. The point is that this has been changing quite a bit since last year, and this year is the same. The first 3 months of the year ARE becoming important.

Even if you want to make the argument that those games don't matter or that the first 3 months of a year are the least important to the industry, what a stupid argument. How does that change that a platform holder should provide content to people? How does that change the fact that the responsibility of the platform holder is to make a good product line? How does that excuse a lack of the "high quality games" you allude to as a reason Nintendo's practices are acceptable? Oh wait, you don't have a point! 

Alkibiádēs said:
HintHRO said:

Nintendo is doing the exact same thing with Wii U ports, lmao. Can't blame Namco and others for only making cheap (production costs of course, not selling price) ports if the Switch community continues to buy them. 

If you ignore all the high quality new games Nintendo released... sure... 

Like Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild, right? Great games. They were pretty great on Wii U, too.

The only game released exclusively for Switch that has turned heads has been Mario Odyssey. Spla2n was okay, and only die-hards will play ARMs. I expect a high score from Bayo3, but after that the average Switch will gather dust until Smash Bros.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:

And that's your excuse? 

Monster Hunter World 

Dragon Ball Z 

Ni No Kuni 2

Far Cry 5

And LAST YEAR we saw a huge amount of content too, like Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Nier Automata, Hollow Knight, and Battlegrounds. And just a few days after April 1st? We got Persona 5. The point is that this has been changing quite a bit since last year, and this year is the same. The first 3 months of the year ARE becoming important.

Even if you want to make the argument that those games don't matter or that the first 3 months of a year are the least important to the industry, what a stupid argument. How does that change that a platform holder should provide content to people? How does that change the fact that the responsibility of the platform holder is to make a good product line? How does that excuse a lack of the "high quality games" you allude to as a reason Nintendo's practices are acceptable? Oh wait, you don't have a point! 

I mean, three of those titles are great. I dunno about Far Cry 5, but MHW broke all of Capcom's records and expectations; Dragon Ball FighterZ is currently the highest rated DB game in history and has been consumed by the e-sports scene; and No no Kuni 2 is a blend of Kingdom Building and hack'n'slash JRPG that, by all intents and purposes, shouldn't work as well as it does. It's a great start of the year. Not quite as mind blowing as 2017 (that's a really hard lineup to argue), but my gaming schedule has been swamped.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

And that's your excuse? 

Monster Hunter World 

Dragon Ball Z 

Ni No Kuni 2

Far Cry 5

I mean, three of those titles are great. I dunno about Far Cry 5, but MHW broke all of Capcom's records and expectations; Dragon Ball FighterZ is currently the highest rated DB game in history and has been consumed by the e-sports scene; and No no Kuni 2 is a blend of Kingdom Building and hack'n'slash JRPG that, by all intents and purposes, shouldn't work as well as it does. It's a great start of the year. Not quite as mind blowing as 2017 (that's a really hard lineup to argue), but my gaming schedule has been swamped.

Yeah yah. The thing is , both financially and quality wise, it is hard to make an argument that the first few months of the year aren't important. and while last years lineup was better - I think MHW has me a bit more glued than a single game ever has this generation.