By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

How do you feel about certain games coming to 3DS that are not also coming to Nintendo Switch?

I am fine with what they are doing right now 31 64.58%

They should try harder to... 17 35.42%

Total:48

Easy to make on 3DS, while the same team may be working on a Switch title but it will just take long

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I dont care about other 3DS games but I didnt fact that Luigi’s Mansion Remake is announced for 3DS and not for Switch, on other hand I do think they wouldn't release Luigi’s Mansion only on 3DS if they dont have some Luigi’s Mansion project for Switch also.

I don't begrudge 3DS getting more support into the long-term - a few million people a year are still picking the system up and tens of millions of people own it. Given the system was regularly written off, it's great to see it develop a long-tail. Plus, I still own my lovely Ambassador New 3DS.

I do wish Luigi's Mansion was coming to Switch - especially because I want Luigi's Mansion 3 on Switch. But that doesn't mean for one second that I resent continued 3DS support.

KLXVER said:
People complain about ports on the Switch, yet are angry they are not getting more ports on the Switch? Ok...

Maybe these are different groups of people... just a thought.

I personally don't want to play games in 240p anymore, so any port to Switch (or cross-gen development) in 720p is welcome.

Last edited by Conina - on 10 March 2018

My 3DS just sits here and collects dust. I sooo wish, that Luigi's Mansion, was coming to Switch, instead of 3DS.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
People complain about ports on the Switch, yet are angry they are not getting more ports on the Switch? Ok...

Well its not complicated.

1)Complaining that most of the Q1/2 titles shown off are late ports of games released 2 years ago is completely fair. These are old games and from Nintendo's side there are few new ones.

2)At the same time complaining that said company is releasing new games EXCLUSIVELY on older platforms is also fair. There are several completely new games that Nintendo could make cross platform. recently I was dissappointed that Metroid, DIllion, detective Pikachu and Ever Oasis are 3DS exclusives when I find them more interesting then most of the Switch line up.

3)In line with this its also fair to complain that an iconic 17 year old game like Luigi's Mansion is coming to 3DS but not the Switch. Sure its a old port, but lets be clear, no one is ever complaining about the existence of a ports and saying they don't want any on a platform. That would be silly and equivalent to complaining about the virtual console. 

When people are complaining about ports they're annoyed about lack of new games and the fact that ports take up so much of the calender releases and spotlight on something like Nintendo Direct. If Nintendo showed Metroid Prime 4, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 and a New IP, no one would be complaining about ports. The more games the merrier so if Nintendo are going to port Luigi's Mansion of course people will prefer to have it on the modern console they're currently playing and not their dated 3DS.

OP: As mentioned there are a couple of games that dissapointment me but at the same time I think its fair that Nintendo doesn't polut the Switch with games made with the 3DS hardware and dual screen in mind delaying production of said games on their native platform and possibly giving the wrong impression of the Switch. I would hope that we see 3DS emulation when VC launches on the Switch.

KLXVER said:

Multiplatform release =/= port.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

3DS is becoming my favorite Nintendo console of all time, so no, i’m perfectly ok.

Games like Radiant Historia, Luigi’s Mansion, Strange Journey and all those Mario & Luigi games make perfect sense on the 3DS.

Not so much on the Switch, these remasters and DS enhanced ports are just that, low effort DS ports, releasing them on the Switch would look kinda bad with DS graphics.

I hope we keep getting 3DS games up until 2020, there no such thing as too many games.

Really loving the idea of N64/GC ports, great way to fill my collection without having to pay 120$ on amazon for an used copy that might not even work anymore.

I’d love Pikmin, Goemon, Perfect Dark, Kirby Air Ride and a few more.

I have a 3DS.

I dont mind too much, look at AlphaDream for example.

Wiki says the entire studio is 38 employees and 3DS is the most powerful hardware they have released a game on, can such a studio create a decent sized HD game?

From 2001-2009 they released 9 games on GBC/GBA/DS. Since that point they started developing for 3DS and have released 3 games with a 4th scheduled for next year. These games all use the same engine and reuse assets so it seems clear that their output has been effected from jumping to 3DS.

What is going to happen when they start making HD games on Switch? Are they going to release 1 game every 4 years?

It seems like they have 3 options.

1. Continue to release on 3DS where they can make low budget games that reuse their existing engine/assets to make some easy money while they transition to HD development.

2. Make $10-20 eShop games on Switch that have a good chance of being overshadowed by the increasingly huge library of similar priced indie games.

3. Become an assistant developer to a larger studio similar to how 1-UP basically just helps out with the 3D Mario team.

Option 1 seems like the best course for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.